Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Speed up mycelium decay

Mycelium outside tower and altar influence should be 5 to 10 times faster of what its now.

Temporary 1ql altars thrown up overnight followed by a rite of death create too much long lasting damage.

Plain and simple.

• Like 9

i support this strongly, it's been months and there's still buttloads of it in areas with both altars and kingdom towers

Spots in chaos have been in white light influence for years and it is still there.

Spots in chaos have been in white light influence for years and it is still there.

Devs told me its not bugged when I reported it, they said its just slow. >_>

Activate shovel > Dig > Drop Dirt 

That being said, i'd be fine with myc decaying faster outside of influence if it was made more difficult to remove.

Activate shovel > Dig > Drop Dirt 

That being said, i'd be fine with myc decaying faster outside of influence if it was made more difficult to remove.

It doesnt get removed from trees by digging. You litterary gotta chop down a whole forest to fix it. It takes tremendous effort and destroys the area by "fixing" it.

A single stone altar takes about the same effort to make as it takes to cut down 4-5 overaged trees and cut em into logs.

However that altar with a 50 tile radius will infect 10201 tiles of terrain.

The difficulty of removing the mycelium is absurd in comparison to its creation and trying to say its anything else is a downright lie.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

Whats the downside of having mycellium in a white area?

No flowers (mission objectives), cant harvest trees/bushes, mounts wont graze, certain animals wont spawn.

annndddd it looks like ######.

• Like 2

Imo should speed up in HotS/Lib area, and greatly decay outside of it.  +1

+1

I've seen it spread without lib influence. Needs looking into for sure.

It should not decay at all.

Black light altars should spread mycelium, while white light altars should reduce mycelium at the same speed bl altars spread it. Outside of influence there should be neiter increase or decrease of it.

+1 

Could also give the white light priests a global spell that removes Mycellium under their domain.

Fo to Flowers

Magranon to Sand

Nahjo to Steppe? (or something else)

It should not decay at all.

Black light altars should spread mycelium, while white light altars should reduce mycelium at the same speed bl altars spread it. Outside of influence there should be neiter increase or decrease of it.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I agree the amount of tiles in white light influence over the years and still no decay. It should be much much much faster

On Epic:

Area is covered with a 91ql vynora altar and a tower.

There is no libila influence here, there has not been any libila influence here for three months.

The entire area, minus about 8 or 10 tiles give or take (most of which is from us digging around our dirtwall), is still mycelium.

On Chaos:

Area is towered and covered with vyn/fo influence entirely.

It hasn't had lib influence for about 5 years

Its still about 60-65% covered in mycelium.

The two areas I lived in, just for future reference.

I am not talking about how it currently works, just expressing how I would like it to work.

Granted Myc was a pain in the ass to get spreading even when an area was deep within HotS and Libila influence. We babied it, we nurtured it, and we chased down anyone recklessly absorbing it.

Now we cant get rid of it even when both influences have been gone for ages.

So easy to spread it, should be very quick decay of not Libila influence. Desecrating is extremely hard and bashing is difficult and time consuming too. No reasons why you would need to pack 10,000 tiles aswell if you already took the time to remove the altar