Sign in to follow this  
Holeron

Question about some Free to play limitations

Hi, i don't remember exactly if here on forum or on wiki i read something about f2p characters that not getting full benefice from hight ql equipment and tools, can someone confirm or deny that, thanks in advance.

From what i remember the only limitations of f2p is it caps skills at level 20, so yes, higher ql tools and such wont be as effective for you as players that have higher skill.

Thanks for reply but these are skill limitations still, i know higher skills reduce timer higher chances on creation, etc, higher ql tools have time reduction, hight ql weapons have more damage etc. my question it's strictly about these benefice directly from tools/weapons/armors , if f2p have full bonuses of those or reduced?

as far as i know everything its capped at 20 efective ql for non premiums.

Edited by Brynden

I had heard that tools and gear were also "capped" at 20Q, so that it was not worthwhile for a F2P character to have say a 80Q sword and 70Q armor and 90Q tools. They would all act exactly like 20Q versions. 

I frankly do not know whether that is true and I have never seen it clearly verified or debunked.  I think I would probably only take the word of a dev who was directly responsible for the coding and even then I would have my doubts (sometimes devs are wrong, lol. Sorry, Rolf..)

I might believe someone who did exhaustive testing with good test practices, not just tried something a few times and jumped to a conclusion.  My own non scientific testing, seemed to suggest that on one of my alts, a 60Q sword did better than a 20Q sword, but it was not really a very "scientific" test. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

you can use a 90ql tool with woa as a free player, armor and weapons should also work.

With nonprem 20fighting skill you can  easy kill most of mobs with 80+ql high enchanted weapon( except trolls and sometimes hell hounds) and I am suggesting Life Transfer as one of enchants so it heals you when hit opponent . With high ql armor, you will be protected but  your body characteristic, capped at 20, limits your speed when using  plate set for example. Tools will have better speed with woa but you will not be able, for example, to mine ore higher ql then 20

• Like 1

Thanks all for these information.

you can use a 90ql tool with woa as a free player, armor and weapons should also work.

Edited by Holeron

I have never noticed any indication of the benefits of higher QL tools being capped on non-prem accts.  

Actually, I am around 99% sure that QL has nothing to do with prem/non-prem status.  My reasoning for this is based on item creation and resource gathering, I often use one of my non-prem accts for mining when all i want is rock shards, and he definitely gets much better action timers when i remember to give him the good pickaxe as opposed to the 20QL one that i keep on him for just wandering around.  Same goes with other skills that I use. 

Creation is similar, Using a much higher QL chisel or saw definitely improves the chances for making bricks or boards when i'm off sailing with my main and still need to get some stuff built at home.

Easy test, give one of your non-prem accts a 20QL pick, and then upgrade him to a 90QL pick. try with a couple of different tools and see what happens.  Do the same test, using the same tools with a prem acct.  if the time saved in seconds is the same on both accounts, there's not really any difference in how they are handled.

• Like 1

as far as i know everything its capped at 20 efective ql for non premiums.

Oh. That explains something.

My mate has a non-premium alt which she uses for mining rocks out. With 14ql pickaxe, its first timer for mining are 22 seconds. With 89.05ql rare pickaxe and 99 WoA (actually BotD but wiki claims effects regarding speed are same) its timers are.. 11 seconds. :-) I was wondering earlier today if it depends on skill so much or what.

Edited by nekoexmachina

Easy test, give one of your non-prem accts a 20QL pick, and then upgrade him to a 90QL pick. try with a couple of different tools and see what happens.  Do the same test, using the same tools with a prem acct.  if the time saved in seconds is the same on both accounts, there's not really any difference in how they are handled.

yeah the reason i believe this,its that it used to be included in the standard free players limitations lines when i started playing,but that was a long time ago so who knows if it changed at some point or was never true and i just remember it being true because people said it was.

At one point Rolf said that they did.  I never tested it personally.  Nor do I remember exactly when he said it.  But I do know that as far as creation percents go, high quality items do not help a non prem.  They cannot make some  items such as a chain jacket because of this.