Sign in to follow this  
Brynden

tiny esc menu,why?

What I liked about the original was that I had certain favorite buttons that I used daily and due to the fact that they were spread out, meant I could "map" my brain to where my favorites were located. For instance "I can always find button so-and-so in the lower left corner. Or... so-and-so button is located top right second row. 

Now that the buttons are so close together, it forces me to read through the list to find the thing I want. 

Also with such tight padding, the texts are very close to the button dimensions making readibility of the texts hard. And since the buttons are smaller, it forces me to be more careful in targeting the right one with my mouse.

I also liked that all the options that were there, were on the root level and didn't have to go digging in for stuff.

Even the visuals of the older one were nicer and easier on the eye. 

I hope they return the old one.

Edited by Malena

Reminds me of when they 'fixed' reinforcements in mines. So glad they reverted back to the original on that one.  Lets hope they revert this back.

I would say that I liked the old main menu better, because I often bring it up using 'toggle mainmenu' in console (don't question the ways of my people!), toggling certain things on and off like missions or the map. But then again, I often find myself being slow to embrace, or learn new things, or change, if I don't immediately like it. That said, I did not immediately like it ;)

Most games usually have options to help people with eye issues, but for some reason wurm seems to go in the opposite direction, apparently is not enough burden to make your ui borked wen you change the size of text, now we have just another damn window with unreadable tiny text.

TYVM.

• Like 2

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

I really want to know what issue this change is supposed to fix.

• Like 1

i like using 640 x 480 

4a9a267263.png

Comeon devs... you didnt need to hide all the usefull buttons like spell effects that gets used all the time in pvp and all the other buttons.

and its so bloody tiny, why do i need TWO menus?

I mean comeon, LOOK AT IT!

a8d68290e7.png

Whoever designed it, you utterely failed the basics of GUI's.

You reduced userfriendlyness and complicated the access of commonly used functions while making something that is VERY temporarily viewed more minimalistic and small (which is unnecassary since the users complete focus is on the menu when its active and thus it can be large for quicker viewing since the rest of the game isnt focused on).

Even a 800x600 screen (which is no longer used by anyone in modern society) can still have a twice as large version of BOTH menus at once.

If you want to adapt the GUI to be more friendly towards new users, then split the menus into multiple rows where the furthest left one contains most commonly used stuff like spell effects, maps, etc and the far right got stuff like debugging timers, console, etc

But please, put some work into it and consider what users actually want.

When the menu is active its becouse we want something from it, thus it can be large, thats not a issue.

1024 × 768 is the smallest monitors currently used by users nowdays.

Currently both menus combined covers less than 400x200.

You can increase each sides direction by 2.5. Meaning that you can actually make it more than 6 times larger without problems for even the smallest monitor size used nowdays.

i preffer 640x480 lol rofl 

From the point of view of blind animal I see no problems with the menu. Now from the POV of an old person like me that menu stinks !!!

Maybe we can use our spyglass to view the menu?!? 

Seriously the Tiny Menu is crap, No Model yet for the Valeri Temple is Crap and the removal of wood textures is crap! 

New Dragons sounds awesome as long as the servers are not overrun with All the Colors of a Dragon and all the Colors of a Drake at the same time....  I could just see uniques rampaging thru towns because there overpopulated!!!