Sign in to follow this  
Brynden

tiny esc menu,why?

yeah why the hell its the new esc menu so damn small?

edit: of course i also think it was a terrible idea to change it from 1 menu to 2 menus,making it just harder to use  for no reaosn.

and they cant say all options wouldnt fit in 1 menu,when its so damned small :D

Edited by Brynden
  • Like 3

Studies show that small menus pose a lot of problems for people so uh.... For giggles?
I don't know

Becouse devs believe people play this on cellphones probably... Or 800x600 in 2015.... >_>

• Like 1

yeah...i admit i have trouble looking at it, would be nice to have a size toggle for it, similar to other interface elements

• Like 3

Ummm, please reread. Any changes are long off so expect changes, that will most likely not be what the final version looks like.

Please save all bitching til final version is released.

• Like 3

Ummm, please reread. Any changes are long off so expect changes, that will most likely not be what the final version looks like.

Why even release it at all? It looks horrible, hardly any improvement at all.

Becouse devs believe people play this on cellphones probably... Or 800x600 in 2015.... >_>

Even then it is tiny. Compare it to the default size for the respawn window..

eBUeFd5.png

• Like 2

Sometimes if we do not mention that something needs a change, they do not realize it is needed. 

• Like 2

Spawn window is far older, so that might be getting a rework.

Spawn window is far older, so that might be getting a rework.

Absolutely, but it has a much more reasonable size imo... for now ;) Edited by Rotab

Save your bitching about the bitcing then. This isn't a game in beta, unfinished products aren't supposed to be released in official updates.

• Like 9

Why even release it at all? It looks horrible, hardly any improvement at all.

Even then it is tiny. Compare it to the default size for the respawn window..

eBUeFd5.png

wow, the entire UI is tiny there

I think it's partly because of font size...

Edited by KyleBooze

A have to echo the sentiments here and say that I strongly preferred the old version.

• Like 3

The thing that bothers me the most about it, even more than the size, is that now to turn the Skill Tracker on you have to click that tiny Hud settings tab, then locate the Skill Tracker within it and click that to open it. Normally I hide the Skill Tracker but when do certain things such as Farming I open it up, then close again when finished. Better Skill Tracker is at least back on the Main Menu again.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I agree with how tiny and how much more work it takes to find what you need. This was a step backwards. Something somewhere mentioned how we could use hotkeys. Exactly how many hotkeys are we supposed to remember. It gets worse when you start running into multiple keys for something. I liked the old way better. Dunno, maybe it's cuz that is what I've used for so long.

<Personal opinion>

I don't have anything against new options menu overall idea, but buttons should be MUCH bigger... It is really hard to hit them on large screen or using laptop touchpad.

• Like 1

4a9a267263.png

Comeon devs... you didnt need to hide all the usefull buttons like spell effects that gets used all the time in pvp and all the other buttons.

and its so bloody tiny, why do i need TWO menus?

I mean comeon, LOOK AT IT!

a8d68290e7.png

Whoever designed it, you utterely failed the basics of GUI's.

You reduced userfriendlyness and complicated the access of commonly used functions while making something that is VERY temporarily viewed more minimalistic and small (which is unnecassary since the users complete focus is on the menu when its active and thus it can be large for quicker viewing since the rest of the game isnt focused on).

Even a 800x600 screen (which is no longer used by anyone in modern society) can still have a twice as large version of BOTH menus at once.

If you want to adapt the GUI to be more friendly towards new users, then split the menus into multiple rows where the furthest left one contains most commonly used stuff like spell effects, maps, etc and the far right got stuff like debugging timers, console, etc

But please, put some work into it and consider what users actually want.

When the menu is active its becouse we want something from it, thus it can be large, thats not a issue.

1024 × 768 is the smallest monitors currently used by users nowdays.

Currently both menus combined covers less than 400x200.

You can increase each sides direction by 2.5. Meaning that you can actually make it more than 6 times larger without problems for even the smallest monitor size used nowdays.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

I like that the menu is wearing classy new clothes but let's not be shy about buttons

+1, the new menu is terrible in pretty much every way in usability

I'm in two minds about this - the single function I use the most is turning off the chat window when I log in priest alts, and that's now an extra click, which is bad.  The menu is also a bit tiny, which isn't great.  On the other hand, I'm pretty much used to where things are now, and don't really think about the extra click - if I could bind a key (say shift+o) to the HUD menu, to go directly there, and the menus were all a bit bigger, I think I'd be happy with it. 

Really, this is kinda like the move of drop from the main right-click menu to a sub-menu: it was a bit jarring at first, but now I don't even think about it.  Which reminds me, PLEASE move get info to a submenu - that's the single thing I mis-click the most often, and it's annoying as hell!

Hehe I thought its not so bad and who cares, who uses that menu anyway.

But then I heard about Valrei Map so I wanted to see it.

Then it hit me! Geez, its almost as if Mosquito Accurate Reproduction Championship is being challenged as the most precise practice on earth in the shadow if aiming and hitting those menu buttons.

Wurm Online, never ceases to please my humor nerves.

Maybe magnifying glass as next xmas reward to have a better view on the menu?

• Like 1