Sign in to follow this  
Alesondra

Archery Towers

Ok my brain is busy today.

Noobs have no protection especially when they live away from water and clay. So they cannot make a guard tower. Maybe use the archer tower for them with these conditions:

1) They cannot kill animals only drive them away.

2) They must be made on a deed for 1 to work. 

3) For 1 to work the deed owner must not be premium OR the deed owner must be less than 20 carpentry.

4) The tower must be made by the deed owner.

This would require the ability for noobs to make this tower. Now you must have 40 fine carpentry. Why for such a non fine thing I don't know. So to make this under the above circumstances would by need make this requirement obsolete.

Yes I know, spirit guard bla bla. They cost money. This is trying to get people from the shores to the inland where you can be hundreds of tiles from water. Look at the map. Some places are 500 tiles of wilderness away from shores. If you want more people you must present more opportunity. So, this is my brain working on that. Sorry in advance.  :)

There is no mechanic in game that I know of to just drive animals away. And if there was a mechanic made just for this purpose you know it would be bugged.(I can just imagine myself out hunting with every creature running away when it gets hit).

Also, I have to somewhat agree with the first response and say not to encourage people to stay free players. Becoming premium helps support the game and the solution to this problem is already in your post about the spirit Templars. Yes they cost money but that's the point. When I made my first deed as a noob you couldn't even have a deed unless you were already premium. I had to hire a spirit to help while I trucked in clay from far away. Took forever but finally got tower built which gave really good skill btw, in the end it was worth it.

Yay for one more reason to stay freemium !!!!

Yeah, I see you totally ignored the part about a deed. Which costs money. Exactly how is that free?

Don't know about this. Maybe.

Yay for one more reason to stay freemium !!!!

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke

What are the other reasons to stay 'freemium"? You don't get to rise above level 20? There is no reason for anyone to stay free to play other than you can stay free to play without the advantages of a pay to play individual. At least now a free to pay player can contribute to the game with a deed. 

The idea behind making a free to play or a new player more secure is keeping them in the game at all. Perhaps some day they will pay to play. If the new player leaves the game the chances of that are zero. Under your tutelage the chances of WURM growing would be zero. It would consist of you and your closest 20 friends with their alts, if you have that many friends. 

I agree with your statements about opportunities for players to continue to play as ftp for as long as they need to but this is all based on a false premise, ie: that Wurm Online has a free to play mode. It does not, what it has is a trial mode where people can try the game out before deciding to buy premium. It wasn't designed nor intended for players to stay "freemium" it instead is meant to drive you toward the pay to play mode.

I agree with your statements about opportunities for players to continue to play as ftp for as long as they need to but this is all based on a false premise, ie: that Wurm Online has a free to play mode. It does not, what it has is a trial mode where people can try the game out before deciding to buy premium. It wasn't designed nor intended for players to stay "freemium" it instead is meant to drive you toward the pay to play mode.

I am sorry to say about this you are mistaken. According to this registration page we are invited to play free as long as we want to. There is no trial period. http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/WurmWeb/index.jsp?c=register

I am sorry to say about this you are mistaken. According to this registration page we are invited to play free as long as we want to. There is no trial period. http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/WurmWeb/index.jsp?c=register

What he's saying is that f2p aren't meant to experience even half of what the game has to offer, they're enticed to buy premium to do so.

He did say, on the other hand, that f2p are not forced to pay up, and they can play as long as they wish. In essence, it's an unlimited "trial play" because the whole "game package" is never offered to the free player. 

OT: F2p can build guard towers (albeit a pain in the ass) to circumvent the need to purchase spirit guards, just as a p2p player can. With that, I -1 this suggestion.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

Dude, one word. Alts.