Sign in to follow this  
iLLiteratNerd

New Youtuber Playing Wurm

Hello guys and girls! I am a beginning a career in the Youtubing business and I appreciate your help in making my channel a success!

I post Wurm Let's Plays. So far I have 7 episodes up and more to come!

Start here and explore my channel.

www.youtube.com/c/iLLiteratNerd

Comments and constructive critisism is a plus, please help me be a better youtuber!

Thank you!

• Like 5

Guys. His videos may not be perfect but I think he is doing a good job for just have started. No need to be harsh and rude. 

• Like 1

That's not the way you talk normally is it, sounds like everything you say is in quotes.

• Like 1

record in 720p, remove the black bars by not recording in terrible aspect ratios

get Dxtory and set your scaling size down to 1280 width 720 height

you will most likely have to do some post process cropping if your games resolution is different from your recording resolution but you can make it work as seen here,

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wobDlq7NiBI

• Like 2

Good luck with the new deed.  Videos were fun. I'm sure many of us are thinking do this or that while watching. Keep putting out them videos. Perhaps turn the volume down on your mic a little or move it away from you to get a better balance between game sounds and your commentary.

• Like 1

Thank You everyone for making comments so far and I will do my best to respond to every one of you.

Nervermind, that's how I sound, I have something called tongue tied syndrome, look it up if you're not sure what that means. If you don't like how I sound don't watch my videos.

Asciana, I'm just trying to keep my videos upbeat. Wurm isn't necessarily an entertaining game, but I enjoy playing and want to share my experience with others.

Yashua, my first video I got stage fright and messed up my commentary pretty bad, so I wrote down a script and used that for the first episode. Also my sound settings ingame overpowered my actual commentary so I had to make do. Each episode you'll notice how I'm getting more and more comfortable. Continue watching and keep up the constructive criticism. 

Huntar thank you, my computer can only handle so much and since I'm extremely new at recording and youtubing it's a learning curve and I'm working on becoming better. I think you'll find my future episodes better.

Fineal, I'll continue working on volume control, but want to keep it upbeat. I am using a headset that has independent volume control, so finding the balance between in game and voice is something I'm constantly working.

My video quality will be better. I'm working on building my own gaming computer, but as this is just a hobby for now. If I'm entertaining please keep watching, and I promise you I will do my best to be better.

Thanks Everyone!

• Like 5

You should get a good weapon and maybe some armour if you want to kill Lord Bacon 5ql wont do it ;)

Huntar thank you, my computer can only handle so much and since I'm extremely new at recording and youtubing it's a learning curve and I'm working on becoming better. I think you'll find my future episodes better.

Get Dxtory, it's less of a memory hog than Fraps and FPS drops are very low.

This video here goes through the strengths of both (And describes Dxtory as being superior in almost every way save for the fact it doesn't have a loop buffering, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.) 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8n7-vDTv8

Btw as Niki said you might need a better weapon, so I sent you a 50ql FB71 longsword I had lying around, no charge (I paid CoD), good luck!

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 2

Thank you Huntar, I actually have better gear now than what the videos state. I will be honest, the episodes you see now on YouTube are slightly old recordings. And I'm using OBS as Fraps and Dxtory is just is too much for my laptop. Thank you for the Longsword, but I will not be needing it.

Subscribed! Great to see new Wurm YouTubers. The more Wurm videos out there to spread the word, the better!

Good luck and have fun making videos :)

• Like 1

Guess some people did not have parents who taught them the saying " if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"

I think it is great that you are sharing your experience in Wurm.   Good Luck and Great job.

• Like 2

Anyone who has the motivation to share their experiences via YouTube should be encouraged and congratulated. I look forward to seeing your work.

• Like 3

liked

only thing is it was too short. wurm videos need to be 30 minutes at least :P

liked

only thing is it was too short. wurm videos need to be 30 minutes at least :P

agreed

Anyone making Wurm content on youtube is okay by me. Keep at it and you'll get more comfortable with the process and better at it. I had no idea what I was doing when I started making videos myself and tbh I still barely know what I'm doing. But there are afew who really enjoy it and have given me lots of support and imo it's really important. So best of luck and stick to it! 

• Like 2

Don't pull a Bashur and you'll do fine. : ]

• Like 2

Guys. His videos may not be perfect but I think he is doing a good job for just have started. No need to be harsh and rude. 

Correct, his stuff is not my style at all, but no need to be rude at all.

Also, there is a freedom called 'not watching if you don't like it'. 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for all your support!

I do have a bit of a back log of recordings that I need to go through and figure out what to use for my Let's Play and what to put in an archive for random. So you're suggestions may not show until further into my series, but I promise you, that within 3-4 episodes you will have full screen recordings, (I did figure that out, it took forever). 

Griffith, I'm working on making longer videos, and I promise the future ones are longer, but it took me about a month maybe 6 weeks to finally figure out how I want to show my Let's Plays, so it may not be a smooth transition between each episode, but my second series is a bit smoother. I really just hit record and said "hey let's see what I can do and find the good stuff to keep." Don't worry they are better!

Emoo I've seen your stuff. Love it, we should maybe collaborate or something or just talk and I'd appreciate pointers and tips.

Lolobelle, you are so right, but even though some people are rude, I bet other people are wondering the same thing. I'm glad it was said, because it did give me the opportunity to explain a bit about myself, well about how I talk a least. Bottom line, if you don't like how I sound, I'm not forcing anyone to watch my videos.

Again, thanks everyone! Future videos are soon to come!

One other thing, I finally figured out how to stream on twitch with good stream quality. Check me out, I try to stream every day, even if it's a slow day. I don't have a set time as I do have stuff to do in my fake life. Just come and watch, we'll chat, have fun and I hope to see you there.

My twitch is the same name is this one: www.twitch.tv/iLLiteratNerd