Excellent news on the *future* deed mapping in game with export ability into Warlander's Deed Planner! This will be great to use offline to get a visual impression of buildings on ones own deed and then modify them as desired before making any changes in game. Will also be pretty cool to wander (fly) around the deed to experience the whole layout.

Congratulations on becoming the head PR Docterchese. I am sure you will do a fine job of it, without becoming too cheesy.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I have been using Java 8 for a while now but I recently figured out that the versions more current than .11 were apparently what caused my framerate to drop drastically.

I went back to 11 and my framerate has gotten much better.

I hope we won't modernize to the point that we have to go to the newer versions without a fix for the framerate drop.

Great work on all the new stuff!

Some very good news this week!  

• New "boss/unique" hats!  
  • Deed-view!  
  • Updated launcher!  
  • Progress of the new Permissions system!

I wish we could add that wonder-inspiring Cow Head Helm added to the list of player craftable items but since it is clearly destined for a heroic warrior  maybe players can get  alternative crafted options like boarshead helm, wildcat mask,  tortoiseshell helmet, horsehair (rohan) helm, sea-serpent 'winged' headgear,  and last but not least  a lovely baa baa blacksheep lambswool hood (must must must include the ears)

il_170x135.722593148_mc0t.jpg

ps: all headgear should include at least some minimal armor level

-- currently much of it does not and that needs  a fix!

at least to same level as a cloth armor hood at minimum

and leather type headgear to plain leather armor ratings

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

When the deed is exported to a DeedPlanner map file, will it account for slopes on each tile or will it export as a flat map? I'm kinda hoping that we won't have to manually change each slope once we import the file into DeedPlanner.

Edit: Oops, missed the line that mentioned this. Nevermind! :lol:

Edited by Laiwyn

Village Plan View & Export:

DUMB!  Oh my, don't waste dev time adding things to the game that we already have as well polished and functioning third party tools. There are numerous cool, new, and unique ideas that could be added to the game. How about you'll do that instead?

Skill tracker: add a skill gain frequency measurement. It would be something that shows how often out of the say the last 100 (or 1000) related action the toon got a skill gain. Make sure there is  as reset to start the data collection point over.

The game map: add a mouse over cursor position on the map. Its just the cursors position has nothing to do with character's position.

A tool that will find and list all items in a inventory-like window for a specific tile: carts, forges, bins, crates, normal pile type items...everything.

A tool to map out caves (now that you all took away our ablity to look throught wall). Add tools to replace desired features the player apprecient before you nerf.

A way for players to customize their GUI.

A tool to fetch the metrics for an object's: weight, volume, measurements, and getprice.

Add (or replace some of the non-useful column) a favor column to the altar GUI.

Alphabetize the r-click menu. Your order randomization does not stop botting. Pixel searching tools can find patterns anywhere on the screen.

Add spells to craft menu.

I bet you could find hundreds of cool ideas from suggestions forum.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

Pretty please display Wurm Time in the new launcher. That one line would safe (me) so many browser starts.

Wow, awesome news! I really, really like the look of that new launcher :D
And yay for the 2d deed view and exporting it to deedplanner :3

I expected more tears that I am not PRO anymore... 

:(

I thought you are not going anywhere ^^ just changed positions :) 

I am just kidding of course.

Docterchese was an absolutely amazing Deputy PRO and I know she will do a very, very good job as PRO. I will help out where I can. You are right - I am not going anywhere just yet!  B)

• Like 1

Will the deed export have permissions set for it so that the deed owner can decide who is able to export the plan of the deed? 

wow Doc, so big right now. It almost makes me feel useless now :'(

Wow - the new "Village Plan View & Export" feature is a great idea!   +100

Edited by Yaga

For me Windows 10 is having some problems with Java. The first time I run the game from the desktop icon there is a Java issue that crashes the client. Then I restart the game from my desktop icon and 80% of the time it runs ok. Sometimes I have to restart from desktop three or four times. Not sure how many people who are running Windows 10 have this issue. It might just be my machine.

I will have to check to see if mobs are still going between the end of my bridge and the building attached to the end of the bridge. I sincerely hope this is fixed. Last week a hell hound squeezed in.

Village planner looks great. That being said I hope it has a permission setting on the deed for the sake of PvP servers.

• Like 1

For me Windows 10 is having some problems with Java. The first time I run the game from the desktop icon there is a Java issue that crashes the client. Then I restart the game from my desktop icon and 80% of the time it runs ok. Sometimes I have to restart from desktop three or four times. Not sure how many people who are running Windows 10 have this issue. It might just be my machine.

I will have to check to see if mobs are still going between the end of my bridge and the building attached to the end of the bridge. I sincerely hope this is fixed. Last week a hell hound squeezed in.

Do you have a crashlog? If you post it in technical issues we might be able to figure it out.

2 things I can think of from the top of my head: you are using 32 bit java instead of 64 bit, or you didnt reinstall the graphic drivers after upgrading. For some reason windows 10 upgrade doesnt "copy" the drivers you had before and uses windows default ones which dont work well. Reinstalling your graphics drivers from the original site and not counting on the windows driver is needed.

If this is not the case, please post one of the crashlogs in technical issues part of the forum (or send me a forum PM or the like) and we can see what is really happening.

• Like 1

• Added possibility to repair stationary tools in creation window.

The right click>repair is nice, but is there any way we can get the keybind version of repair to work too?

• Like 1

The right click>repair is nice, but is there any way we can get the keybind version of repair to work too?

Exactly! This is why I rarely use that right click repair option in the Crafting Window. Much easier to use my Repair keybind on the toolbelt tool icon or the tool in the backpack. I only use the right click repair option when the tool is buried somewhere in another smaller satchel or like if its the large anvil on the ground not clearly in sight to repair with keybind.

=Ayes=

Do you have a crashlog? If you post it in technical issues we might be able to figure it out.

2 things I can think of from the top of my head: you are using 32 bit java instead of 64 bit, or you didnt reinstall the graphic drivers after upgrading. For some reason windows 10 upgrade doesnt "copy" the drivers you had before and uses windows default ones which dont work well. Reinstalling your graphics drivers from the original site and not counting on the windows driver is needed.

If this is not the case, please post one of the crashlogs in technical issues part of the forum (or send me a forum PM or the like) and we can see what is really happening.

I had been running all 64-bit before the Windows 10 upgrade. My graphics drivers update automatically and did so immediately after Windows 10 install but...and I suppose others should look for this, for some reason my 64-bit Java failed. I had to reinstall Java. So yes, you hit the nail on the head, it was a problem with Java versions. Why Windows 10 did this is perplexing. Thank you for the suggestion. 

On the new launcher it would be helpful if the WURM date and time were included. 

• Like 1

On the new launcher it would be helpful if the WURM date and time were included.

Wish granted.

shjnyzdkynhgazavmibqcyhlqbpnhuqbntlpityf

• Like 3

My graphics drivers update automatically and did so immediately after Windows 10 install

Do you have an nvidia card? The drivers downloaded by windows update seem to be FUBAR. Trying installing the latest version manually from nvidia web site.