Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

A Complaint to Health Inspector

Dear Health Inspector

Last night, I started an undertaking in bulk mortar production. Just as I fired up the forge, for heat (early spring is still really fresh up here in the hills of the central Dragon Fang district), I realised that I have no sand. My attempt at maintaining my own sandpit was ridiculously flawed, so I had to go find some.

Firstly, without being grumpy, the sand in my area is just terrible. There isn't a lot, and the few areas that have sand, is soiled with human waste. I think homeless travellers that recently started their adventures on Independence are sleeping and spoiling the area. I am having my tower guards clean up a little, but I am upset, as this is not their role.

However, my complaint is with the health department in particular. They are not fulfilling their duties. The settled area next to mine was a festering wasteland of meat piles, corpses and a food bin, standing in the sun! In the sun!!! The stench was terrible, the decaying meat,  corpses of wolves and hell-hounds, and to make things worse, tower guards just doing nothing. 

I targeted one of the corpses, pointing at it with great frustration, frowning at a female guard... I screamed GUARDS!

She said "no guards respond to your call"

I left disappointed, but not without two heaps of sand. She seemed to care a little that I was taking sand from this area, but I was too disgusted to care.

If I do not get any response or a health inspection in this area, I will undertake to pay 50 copper less on my upkeep next month and clean it up myself, with a shovel rented from the king's market!

Yours truly

Marlon

Proprietor of the Order of the Mare's Nest.

• Like 2