Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Roleplay Village

Just a quick survey here everyone.

I recently spoke with someone in a topic concerning roleplay and its place in video games. I suggested to one of the participants - Malena - that I would help construct a roleplay village if she could find enough people interested in the concept. Today I'm curious to know how many people would be interested in playing in a proper roleplay village and/or alliance. I'm talking good structured roleplay, with rules to reinforce the atmosphere/setting, backstory, possible "quests" and even village/alliance specific currency.

If anyone is interested in this level of roleplay within Wurm, please do comment here. If you are not interested in playing in such a village, then please do not respond. I'd like this thread to remain void of any derailment or hatefulness.

As I told Malena, if there are enough people who would seriously enjoy this kind of playstyle then I'd be happy to lend myself and what resources I have available to construct such a village.

Thank you.

Edited by Slickshot

Could always join the Iron Isles, we own every island on Elevation by right.

Could always join the Iron Isles, we own every island on Elevation by right.

The reference is appreciated, but that isn't what this is about. lol  This is to determine if I should prepare to structure a proper RP Village in the near future. :)

I would be highly interested in joining up with an RP village, would be exactly what I needed to bring me back from my Wurm break. :)

• Like 1

bump

I not committing but needs a bump. More power to you.

Edited by Tipper
  • Like 1

This will be interesting to try, at least for me, as relax of the eternal grinding...
I was wondering about how manage quest and rewards, play as elder or npc, seems boring :P
Maybe some type of guilds with other people with the same profesion/class, like hunters, smithers, etc...

This will be interesting to try, at least for me, as relax of the eternal grinding...

I was wondering about how manage quest and rewards, play as elder or npc, seems boring :P

Maybe some type of guilds with other people with the same profesion/class, like hunters, smithers, etc...

All of these kinds of details would be thought out if this project received enough favor to begin.

Can you say bit more how would you imagine this being implemented. How would that role play village work? Give examples: do character work at night time or do they only login in day time and spend night time in beds? Do you use all "emotes" and try not to use modern language?

• Like 1

I absolutely love getting involved in roleplay. I used to be quite hardcore. From my experiences, you're likely to get more visitors than you do residents, but with enough exposure, dedication and support, I know there's room for it to grow into something big. I do have a lot of opinions, thoughts and suggestions, but I haven't been asked for them, so I'll retain them until I am asked. ;)

I would definitely visit, I would definitely stand behind the project with a flag of support, and I would definitely attempt to chase away any haters with a dirty sock, stolen from an old troll.

If there's anyone out there who's looking to even dabble briefly, with the idea of roleplaying, I ask you to let yourselves be known here.

It's not all about "ye olde rotten inn" and "oh look, a butterfly of beauty hath landed upon my shoulder!"

:D

I'd be interested to give something like this a try out, would help out in any way I can to get such a project off the ground.  Could be an interesting change of pace from the eternal grind.

Let me know if anything is starting up, thanks!

I think the slow pace that Wurm sets is perfect for roleplay.  I'd be interested depending on how this develops.