Sign in to follow this  
Shadz

Enki and his directive

Again with false accusations. The account was just there, afk. Doing nothing. Stop making up stories.

Also, again, the mine wasn't on deed or in perimeter, it was off deed and technically unowned.

Regardless, you're an annoying troll, shoo.

The only person that "doesn't understand" the directive happens to be the only person trolling.

:)

Again with false accusations. The account was just there, afk. Doing nothing. Stop making up stories.

Also, again, the mine wasn't on deed or in perimeter, it was off deed and technically unowned.

That's what you claim, and enki ruled you lied and you were there to grief, that's why we have this ruling to begin with. You can keep pretending you didn't grief, that doesn't change the truth. It was afk there to scout.

This is a very interesting turn of events.  I think someone has figured out how to get FREE PRIVATE PERIMETER TILES with complete protection from others disturbing them without having to PAY ANYTHING for said tiles.

This is really amazing....

Honestly, this is what it's really about. This is kind of why I'm irritated. CCP would be proud.

• Like 1

Just stumbled across this thread and after reading some of the comments lost 10 whole points of mind logic..

Really disheartening that such a thread even exists and that such directives even need be made by staff...

The Rules are pretty simple...don't be a

If it were me i personally would have banned the accounts involved and put the names on the wall of shame and lowered the skills of everyone associated back to 1.00....play nice or go away directive.

• Like 1

That's what you claim, and enki ruled you lied and you were there to grief, that's why we have this ruling to begin with. You can keep pretending you didn't grief, that doesn't change the truth. It was afk there to scout.

The account was assumed to be linked to Gumbo that's why it was moved. Again, stop making up lies.

The truth is I done no wrong, I'm sure even Slickshot knows that the account was just afk and it happened to be left afk in a spot that affected them. Nothing was done with the account to cause any distress or grief for any member of the deeds in that area.

Stop creating stories to make yourself look even more ridiculous.

Actually, the part of the mine you were in was in perimeter, and only about 3 tiles shy of being on deed.  Just a technicality there.  As ever though, the directive stands as it is.  I didn't much like the directive either, as I would have preferred the ban-hammer (for Gumbo, not Shadz) for this being the 2nd offense within 3 weeks, however I'm not entitled to make such decisions. 

So if this directive was put in place to end the griefing and the nonsense, then I'm more than happy to stay away from Gumbo's deeds as requested by Enki, as will my villagers.

Edited by Slickshot

Actually, the part of the mine you were in was in perimeter, and only about 3 tiles shy of being on deed.  Just a technicality there.  As ever though, the directive stands as it is.  I didn't much like the directive either, as I would have preferred the ban-hammer (for Gumbo, not Shadz) for this being the 2nd offense within 3 weeks, however I'm not entitled to make such decisions. 

So if this directive was put in place to end the griefing and the nonsense, then I'm more than happy to stay away from Gumbo's deeds as requested by Enki, as will my villagers.

Honestly, this is what it's really about. This is kind of why I'm irritated. CCP would be proud.

As for this mindset:

Every person who comes to any of the way-too-many threads made about this situation and comments on how it'll change the gameplay for the entire population, is severely misguided and needs to calm down a bit.

This directive is one of the first of it's kind, if not the first, and only affects the people directly and remotely involved.  This is a cease fire instituted by Enki.  This doesn't change the fundamentals of the entire Wurm world, as it only deals with a very select group of people.  Every case is examined in a case by case basis to ensure the best action appropriate is taken.

Basically, just because Enki gave us this directive doesn't mean Jimmydolittle is going to have his local protected from griefers that choose to chop down the entire forest around his deed.  That case would be something else entirely, involving different players, different player histories and possibly different motive; and should be handled as such.

This directive doesn't break Wurm, so calm down please, for the sake of all of us.

Edit:  Derailing of this thread is just going to turn it into another one of those "bash this person until I die of exhaustion" thread.  Lets keep it on the rails.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

As for this mindset:

Every person who comes to any of the way-too-many threads made about this situation and comments on how it'll change the gameplay for the entire population, is severely misguided and needs to calm down a bit.

This directive is one of the first of it's kind, if not the first, and only affects the people directly and remotely involved.  This is a cease fire instituted by Enki.  This doesn't change the fundamentals of the entire Wurm world, as it only deals with a very select group of people.  Every case is examined in a case by case basis to ensure the best action appropriate is taken.

Basically, just because Enki gave us this directive doesn't mean Jimmydolittle is going to have his local protected from griefers that choose to chop down his entire forest.  That case would be something else entirely, involving different players, different player histories and possibly different motive; and should be handled as such.

This directive doesn't break Wurm, so calm down please, for the sake of all of us.

Edited: The irony of this edit will be lost on you, I'm sure.

If anybody is curious about what they're missing here. PM me, I'll happily share.

Edited by Dairuka

Thing is though, it was an unowned mine, and the account that was teleported done nothing. Now I'm being accused of being a griefer. The posts aren't being removed, and the directive protecting off deed areas around your deed still stands.

So find another mine to sit afk for hours then. There are plenty around. The directive is pretty clear. Just stay away from Slickshot's deed areas and all is well. It is really pretty simple and easy to follow.

• Like 1

So find another mine to sit afk for hours then. There are plenty around. The directive is pretty clear. Just stay away from Slickshot's deed areas and all is well. It is really pretty simple and easy to follow.

I didn't choose where to go afk lol.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along, move along. 

• Like 1

I didn't choose where to go afk lol.

That is okay! From this point forward, just don't go afk on or near the two deeds owned by Slickshot. If you ever find yourself near one of his deeds and need to go afk, just be sure to run for an extra 20 seconds to make sure that you don't end up in an area forbidden by the directive. Something so simple shouldn't be made so complicated. No harm, no foul.

Edited by Ryamu

Shads,

I hear your pain re the uncertainty in the order, but it is what it is.

I can live with it.

That is okay! From this point forward, just don't go afk on or near the two deeds owned by Slickshot. If you ever find yourself near one of his deeds and need to go afk, just be sure to run for an extra 20 seconds to make sure that you don't end up in an area forbidden by the directive. Something so simple shouldn't be made so complicated. No harm, no foul.

Meanwhile, on Release, someone frequently messing way worse with a deed's perimeter BECOMES CA (and is still at it from time to time).  This includes tunneling out the entire perimeter, dropshafting it, then reinforcing the whole mess.

REALLY hard to give staff the benefit of doubt.

Nice.

Yeah...

I can see the frustrations in that it seems like the "deed it or lose it" rule is being contradicted, but from what I have read, it seems like this directive was made based off the situation at hand. From a GM perspective, it seems like he took the most logical route to try to stop a PvE war - separate the opponents.

Edited by Ryamu
  • Like 2

I can see the frustrations in that it seems like the "deed it or lose it" rule is being contradicted, but from what I have read, it seems like this directive was made based off the situation at hand. From a GM perspective, it seems like he took the most logical route to try to stop a PvE war - separate the opponents. 

I anxiously await the rule change to include directives, and the liberal use of said directives in the future.

If not... well, shenanigans.

Afk for 2 or was it 3 hours while you said yourself that you were shield bashing a pig? You didn't tab over just once to giggle about all the people asking you to move? Or was it only when Enki moved you that you happened to notice?

This is exactly the same situation that comes up during every pvp suspension and I can never understand why it is difficult to grasp the concept of staying in your own kingdoms territory, this however is a much smaller scale how hard really can it be to stay away from two deeds on an entire server?

It is unfortunate that directives must be put in place when people can't play nice but sometimes people leave no choice.

• Like 7

Afk for 2 or was it 3 hours while you said yourself that you were shield bashing a pig? You didn't tab over just once to giggle about all the people asking you to move? Or was it only when Enki moved you that you happened to notice?

This is exactly the same situation that comes up during every pvp suspension and I can never understand why it is difficult to grasp the concept of staying in your own kingdoms territory, this however is a much smaller scale how hard really can it be to stay away from two deeds on an entire server?

It is unfortunate that directives must be put in place when people can't play nice but sometimes people leave no choice.

I actually forgot I had the account logged in. I only remembered when my CPU spiked (caused fps drops) and went into task manager and noticed 2 clients. Checked the alt and it had been moved, it was at that time I saw the pm's

Villager

Members

PipPip

5,774 posts

Posted Today, 05:29 PM

SmeJack, on 19 Aug 2015 - 5:23 PM, said:

no you dont understand

he is prone to having sudden zombie attacks whenever he enters slickshots perimeter and is forced to go afk for up to eight hours every time he enters the perimeter.

it is a work in progress but he expects to have it fixed once enki clarifies things

...unsure why you're trolling.

I have a child, its not hard to get distracted. I don't have a great memory so a minor distraction nearly always makes me forget what I'm doing. Hell I !make tea and I forget what I'm doing on wurm.

So an unplanned incident where my childs nappy leaks, or she trashes her room and I have to tidy up certainly doesn't help me stay at my keyboard all day long.

Sorry for having a life outside of wurm

I can't help but wonder, when the mods finally grow tired of Shadz' whole 'why is this happening I never did anything and there's no communication help' song and dance, and ban them, will the song and dance have been worth it?

Not only did Enki VERY clearly spell things out, but there's practically no contesting his point about 'both parties live very far apart'. 

What happens if I want to help out a friend near there? - You don't go close to slickshotz deed to do it.
What happens if I am nearby and my child needs me? - You don't go close to slickshotz deed, you have a HUGE  map.
What happens if - You don't go close to his deed, and he doesn't go close to yours. How hard is that really to understand?

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

Perhaps you can take a step back and appreciate the awful coincidence and how it can appear to an outsider with all the information you presented and the timing in your chat logs. Just take a deep breath mate, cool off a minute and then consider how much other space there is on the server to play in. There really isn't any need to fret if you just be reasonable.