Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Player Made Monster SPAWNS ROCKS

If we can't get new critters added to game, can we have player made spawn points just like the Archery Towers have a tile limit distances you can add this to player made spawners just increase the tile distances.

Possible required Skills required Masonry, Nature, or Preist could cast just like courier activates player made turrets.

1 rock shard 150 kg weight

Creation

Activate stone chisel

Right-click rock shards (150kg)

Open submenu "Create > Spawn Rock"

Results

Spawn Rock (150kg)

Type of priest on cast determines what spawns off it. ?

Anyways if we cant have new monsters having more spawns might help the fs grind.

• Like 5

That sounds like it could be used for griefing.

I much better like the idea of "hunting zones" that allow no deeds and have higher concentraion of aggressive mobs, which new players or non-combat types can easily avoid. 

• Like 2

Tile distances restrictions could avoid greifing as well as destorying them should be possible. Et. Ways around grieving such as banning ip addresses and tge game rules are usually enforced so.

• Like 4

I'd still like an area where we go to monsters.  A "monster spawn" could be put in areas hard to notice so that the new player did not realize they were being targeted (just that there were a TON of monsters lately), or the person might claim they did not realize they just placed three or four around a newbie's starting house and claim they meant nothing by it. New players also might just decide it was easier to log out and never come back than to get into some sort of aggressive war with someone trying to chase them out of an area.  Currently monster spawn lairs "can" be destroyed but it is so difficult that only high level players can usually destroy them. 

Maybe if it was limited to Tundra areas, since those make logical hunting zones yet can't really be "created" just to cause issues. I also have always liked the idea of high end hunting zones, with sabertooths and cavebears and the like, but not something in more settled areas. Something you can seek out but also not "in your face" if you were not really into combat. The new respawn on uniques I think was a great thing.  

>>"just like courier activates player made turrets"

Wait, are we talking pvp or pve servers?

It would be fine with me on pvp servers. 

Or, perhaps if they spawned something like Mammoths or Champion Unicorns  that were not aggressive unless provoked, in which case they made for good fighting skill.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

edit: never mind not worth creating conflict :D

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Interesting idea but no we have alliance rules to like each our posts and what not. For support that would be alot of emails lol I normally sign in anonymous for bidding purposes so if your going based off log of time I dunno but aye odd in deed +1 for calling this out. Anyways on topic

Pvp or pve spawns would works. Have u dont any major hunting in freedom

• Like 1

this is a horrible idea, it would completely screw with mob distribution (okay, xans already got its issues, but otherservers are better!)

seems odd that all your "friends" are going through liking your pots and picking your fights though

• Like 4

Yeah we notice alot of stuck on the side of mountain mobs. :/

this is a horrible idea, it would completely screw with mob distribution (okay, xans already got its issues, but otherservers are better!)

seems odd that all your "friends" are going through liking your pots and picking your fights though

Hm.. 1,000 tiles betweee spawn point could be a start.

Or make it like a pylong where u need 10 or 30 people to completed it? There shouos be limitation for sure

-1 to a blatant, "I want an easier FS grind" idea.  Kudos for not even pretending the idea has any other merit though.

Anything that gets mobs in my portion of xan gets +1

-1 btw. Too much of a risk to screw up mob distribution even more and it could very easily be abused.

I'd +1 this IF and only IF...monster spawn rocks where only created based on high concentrations of killing in an area. Players couldn't directly place them, the game would create them. Players could only kill lots of stuff to increase the chance of these spawning.

Wurm's ideas about monster spawning are wrong. The proper way to do it is to identify where demand is and then supply that demand. If an area has lots of mob deaths from Players ( NOT NPC guards) then that is a good sign of demand for hunting. If an area has very little killing then that is a sign local players don't like hunting. 

Currently Wurm seems to either spawn things completely random or spawn things less in areas where more killing happens (fyi, Games are play for entertainment, I'm not interesting hearing the "realism" argument about how over hunting a certain area depletes its critters).

Wurm has a limited resource when it comes to mob, so be more efficient with it.