Sign in to follow this  
KleopatraSelene

jnlp file will not work

I have a Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2 and I just registered to play today for the first time.

But when I hit the big PLAY button and double-click the file that was downloaded, I get this:

“wurmclient.jnlp†can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Safari downloaded this file today at 6:53 PM from www.wurmonline.com.

Could someone please help me with this? Does anyone know how I can change my security preferences to allow this to work?

I don;t know MACS too well but found this in google for the same error in another game:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow applications downloaded from > Anywhere

disable-gatekeeper-mac-os-x.jpg

You should also be able to RIGHT CLICK the file and OPEN then allow it this one time:

temporarily-get-around-app-cant-be-opene

It is apparently trioggered by the mac GATEKEEPER program

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

See also this thread for how to deal with GATEKEEPER when it blocks certain programs:

Fix the “App can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer†Error in Mac OS X

http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/

ps: I am not familiar with MACS and this might be old/incorrect information, sorry if it is =/  At one time there were problems with the JAVA version that shipped on Macs by default, and you had to update the JAVA version, but this sounds like a different issue...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

i'll hijack this thread for my problem with the client :

You are using an outdated client (3.94-7462). Please upgrade to 3.95-7462

This happens when i open any of the clients

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client

How do i update the client ? I thought it's automated..

Edit: Nevermind.. now it seems to be working, and it started downloading the client libraries, i was probably too eager for a new 'first on server' achievement and not everything is up yet..

Edited by faty

Yes it is happening right now, my client is now updating.

Edir: I mean you and I prolly hit the button just before the updated client became available.

Edited by Cecci

I have Yosemite 10.10.3 and when I click on the program it tries to run and then it crashes opening an error report, in it is says bad access.  I tried the fix in this thread but it didn't fix it and I am not too sure it is the problem. :/