Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Planning Puzzle City - Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online - Aug 18, 2015

The Factional Fight brothers spend time together planning the layout of the Puzzle City portion of the Labyrinth. We mostly speak off the cuff about random elements of Wurm and expand on our dream updates to the game. Topics include Lumbermills/Automation, Deed progression system, Valuable items such as drake/scale, and of course, the Labyrinth. Hope you enjoy.

• Like 5

Another great show guys, thoroughly enjoyed it !

Thanks for taking the time to make these shows, greatly appreciated by us :)

A little dye here and there to brighten things up ! lol

Just a thought as far as building wall, roof and floor textures - if you wanted to, you can get a very different look if you actually damage the walls, roof or floors.  Just damage your stuff to 60 or more (as long as the buildings are on deed and upkeep remains greater than 30 days, they shouldn't fall down.)

Floors and roofs recently got damage texture added which may help with your city look.

The answers to the rest of your questions are:

Yes

Not sure

Great idea

No

• Like 2

The Labyrinth is looking great so far :D. Thank you for the videos, glad to see Factional Fight is still going strong.

Thanks Roysta. Are they dyed? If so, what are the rgb values.

Edited by McGarnicle

hahaha, rgb ?!? ><

The top row of wooden windows is dyed brown (mix of red and green iirc), the wooden double door on the bottom right is not dyed (original wurm colours), and personally think the origianl one looks a bit pale (or trends too much towards birch).

This building unfortunately does not exist anymore so I cannot double-click it to get the rgd values :/ , it was built in your 'backyard' at AT,  but my nat subs wasn't that great at the time, so the QL of the dye wasn't above 40ql or 50ql at the best.

I'll be looking forward to see if you can manage to make the dyes work in such a way to get the attached town house feeling 'vertically', but I am sure there s a few more shades of brown that can work nice, once put next to each other (so you don't have to go rainbow on your village).

If you're looking to dye walls and play with colours, I'd be happy to spend time with you guys looking at varying options and donate my services

I thought you has meant the white stucco walls on the bottom, it might have been reflection but it seemed they had a very slight tint to them. If it is the upperfloor, I use a very similar shade a lot on my buildings and I think it is usually something like 2 or 3 parts red plus one part green, add more green if it is looking too "reddish",  it will slowly move to kind of rusty-orange then  olive  color if you keep adding green to be the dominant   :P  but I also have some RBG numbers if this is the same shade you mean:

brownwalls.jpg

RBG values in bottom right 

because each batch can vary slightly depending on quality etc I tend to mix a barrel up of enough for a building (45 walls per barrel), if you have more walls than 45 you can probably slosh several barrels back and forth until you have them all close to the same number balance, or maybe dump them all into a  large barrel (250 walls) or even a huge tub (2250 walls) otherwise some walls will not match their neighbor.

As always the more the quality drops the more "drab" the color (saturation drop), since I am looking for a drabber brown  color I tend to use up all my lowest quality copper &  cochineal, you can probably artificially lower the quality even more by "over mixing" (dump a little out then back in) as I believe each time you combine dyes you get a small quality penalty that will make the colors less "bright".

I tend to find a little gatehouse with a back wall to test colors on before I  coimmit to a main building. 

sorry if that is not what you meant 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1