Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Issues with the premium awards

I don't get why some people are making an issue with a bonus (it's a reward system, it's not something you pay for when you buy prem) out to be some insanely massive thing

What if Rolf decided enough's enough, time to end the rewards?  What if... he simply never gave people a bonus for staying a paying customer?   It's like buying cereal and getting a free toy, you're not buying it for the toy you're buying the cereal, but you're mad they stopped putting a free toy in there

• Like 2

remove it all

Edited by Holar

I don't Prem to get rewards, but I do appreciate them. I appreciate it that you tried to fix the reward system, but IT happens.

You want to leave this as it is and move on to other priorities. "Fair Enough" as far as I am concerned. As a Customer I am satisfied.

Thanks for communicating with us Rolf, I do appreciate that gesture.

Edited by geode
  • Like 2

I don't get why some people are making an issue with a bonus (it's a reward system, it's not something you pay for when you buy prem) out to be some insanely massive thing

What if Rolf decided enough's enough, time to end the rewards?  What if... he simply never gave people a bonus for staying a paying customer?   It's like buying cereal and getting a free toy, you're not buying it for the toy you're buying the cereal, but you're mad they stopped putting a free toy in there

This is all true but you have to be careful. The reminder email does say you will get the reward. In the USA you can get in trouble for that, and Paypal is in the USA. Those lines should come out asap.

It was part of the deal, something they advertised.. so it WAS/IS something you paid for. Let's put things into wurm context, when I am selling 90ql rope tools with promise, that with each rope tool I also give a free 50ql bucket, then I'd say it is a part of the deal. No matter how useless the bucket is, it is expected that I will send that bucket. And when I also want to stop that "program", I stop advertising that deal. BUT, those, who have done the order during the time I promised the bucket, still expect to receive one.

Same goes with Rolf. If he wanted to ditch the program, all fine.. But it doesn't wipe out the promises he made in the past. And there are also better ways to stop the program than "I messed up database, because I went to fiddle something on live system.. I don't want to deal with it, because it is a lot of work... and anyways, I didn't promise you anything, doesn't matter that I sent you a reminder of the deal every other month".

• Like 5

Goods were promised to be delivered, in exchange for renewing premium subscriptions for n number of times. 

Promiser originally publicly announced promise on website.

Promiser sent targeted emails advertising promise, and encouraging renewal to receive promised goods.

The delivery of those goods is now being canceled, because the promiser no longer wishes to extend effort to honor the promise.

Promiser claims that promise is not valid due to promise not being displayed when money exchanged hands.

Nope nothing wrong here at all, sounds like a great way to do business and make lots of friends.

Requisite references

http://www.wurmonline.com/2013/12/12/xsolla-and-loyalty-bonus-system/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/92515-a-bit-more-info-on-the-premium-bonus-program/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/92480-news-update-work-and-progress-week-50/

I am sure I missed some other references out there.

• Like 2

Did this affect sleeping powders to ? Because i bought premium time for 2 characters earlier and i havent recieved any SP (Bought 2x2 months)

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 4

Did this affect sleeping powders to ? Because i bought premium time for 2 characters earlier and i havent recieved any SP (Bought 2x2 months)

Hmm, would like some clarification on this too, because same happened to me too.. bought prem few days ago, but no SP.

Edited by rixk

Hmm, would like some clarification on this too, because same happened to me too.. bought prem few days ago, but no SP.

You should have received sleeping powders when you purchased premium time. Do a /support ticket in-game.

I think everyone is familiar with the e-mails..

If this isn't "as part of the sales", then what is it? You were only joking??? :D

That is from past, luckily I got my spyglass long ago. But now reading from Rolf, that he hasn't promised anything is a blatant lie.

For clarification:

If I subscribe for 12 months, starting next month, will I receive a spyglass?

Yes, possibly, unlikely, or no?

Hello Husky!

The premium time on your Wurm Online account is about to expire. This means that you'll fall out of our long-term customer reward program. Wouldn't that be sad?

Your next award is Item: Spyglass which will occur when you have 12 months of premium time since this program started (you currently have 11 since then).

You will also be granted one yellow illusion potion with the quality level of 16 if you don't let your premium time run out. Those are fun!

Our strong suggestion: Head to the Wurm Online shop now and re-prem!

Shop - http://store.wurmonline.com/

or maybe

Launch the Wurm Client to start playing.

Please enjoy!

The Wurm Online Team.

IRC - http://rizon.net/chat Channel #wurm

Forum - http://forum.wurmonline.com/ 

Wiki - http://wurmpedia.com/wiki/

Blog - http://wurmonline.tumblr.com//

Register - http://register.wurmonline.com/

To ensure proper delivery please add mailsystem@wurmonline.com to your address book.

© Code Club AB 2015. All rights reserved.

I got the yellow potion but not the spy glass on Husky (my alt) and I was premium so am I getting the spyglass?  I'm confused if the rewarding program is just messed up or stopped?  If it's stopped then why are we still getting yellow potions for being premium?  If it's messed up at the moment are we still still going to receive the spy glass as stated in the email?

Rolf wrote about this. Truth is, the premium rewards are not to be expected.

and broken anyway

Cool. I make sure my premium time doesn't have any gaps because I know I'm getting a spyglass soon, but surprise, everything is broken anyway so I won't receive it.

My suggestion: If you don't plan on fixing the rewards system, stop emailing people telling them they'll get rewards if they pay you. Because, you know, they won't.

Edit for emphasis: I understand that sometimes a feature just isn't worth fixing, even though it is unfortunate. What I do not understand is goading customers into renewing their subscriptions by promising them something in exchange, when the thing you're promising them is broken and has no plans of being fixed. This is really, really sketchy. I'm sure it's not intentionally misleading on part of Rolf or anyone else, but the email really ought to be changed.

Edited by Ostentatio

you cant use something as a lure to get people to remain premium and in the same breathe say its not a promised thing...........sorry its akin to bait and switch tactics or false advertising.

I'm not pissed off about it as I got my spyglasses for all my premium accounts and rightfully too (as in they went through when they were expected to). The yellow potions are worthless and I wont miss them, and maybe the spyglasses will increase in value now, but its still wrong to say "sorry never promised anything" when its clearly stated in the emails.

Perhaps you should make the spyglass a Xmas present for premium accounts this year for any who may of missed out, sure there'll be some who double up on them but the majority I saw in this thread weren't much caring about rerwards anyway so whats it hurt.

• Like 1

I know I posted before but I'm still waiting for an answer rather or not Husky can get her spyglass now they're back in the game because CA told me to put a post on here...I informed them I already did and got nothing back about it but was curious to see those who did not had there Spyglass due to that bug does it mean they are no longer eligible for one?  Could someone explain to me I just want an answer...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

I know I posted before but I'm still waiting for an answer rather or not Husky can get her spyglass now they're back in the game because CA told me to put a post on here...I informed them I already did and got nothing back about it but was curious to see those who did not had there Spyglass due to that bug does it mean they are no longer eligible for one?  Could someone explain to me I just want an answer...

The proper thing that should happen here is that Wurm Online should honor the promise they made to you in the premium emails and provide you with the spyglass that you are owed.

If they are unwilling to do the right thing, drop me a note on the forums and I will log in one of my characters and provide you with one - free. I don't think they are mailable so would have to do the transfer when you are Exodus some time since I think all of my characters are no longer premium.

~Nappy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nappy said:

The proper thing that should happen here is that Wurm Online should honor the promise they made to you in the premium emails and provide you with the spyglass that you are owed.

If they are unwilling to do the right thing, drop me a note on the forums and I will log in one of my characters and provide you with one - free. I don't think they are mailable so would have to do the transfer when you are Exodus some time since I think all of my characters are no longer premium.

~Nappy

That be the keyword proper :D ;)

If wurm can't give out rewards properly, that's OK I guess, but in all fairness they ought to remove a mechanism that pays some people and not others.  Further, spyglasses in particular affect game balance (especially PVP).  Can we please have anything affecting game balance in this "oopsie" category removed from the game entirely?  As in just purge all instances of the item from the game. 

And that's from someone who actually owns a spyglass (from 1 of 5 accounts that "earned" it). 

I can think of a few other alternatives that might be less harsh than simply removing spyglasses from the game.

1) "buyback" option.  spyglasses are worth about 3s in trade.  No one wants to flood the economy with silver, so convert each spyglass into sleep powder at 1s per powder. 

2) "extra" option.  From a known good date, calculate forward premium time handing out new spyglasses correctly.  At one time only, give out an "extra" spyglass to all accounts over 11 months. 

3) "trader" option.  Make spyglasses available on the traders for some amount of silver. 

4) "droppable" option.  Remove all special non-drop status from spyglasses.  Then there would be a chance of picking one up from a disbanded settlement, getting one in pvp, etc. 

Having to beg something I could never expect to acquire, no matter how much time and effort I put in, off of another player would really leave a bad taste in my mouth.