Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

Turn chaos into a pve server again as with the massive volume of non pvp that occurs it might aswell be pve

Well this is kinda lame to see, honest opinion here:

Seeing the ex chief of JK putting a suggestion like this means JK is not doing great on the battle front, I agree it is difficult to fight a zerg like MR caus they use some means to eliminate competition and recruit more in them.
Think this kind of situation could have been avoided if JK opened their hearts to players who are willing to kick MR really hard, I don't know what happened in the past, but chaos should not be turned into a pve server.
That's my opinion on the topic.

• Like 1

sarcasm.jpg

if you don't understand this ^ it's likely you think gate hopping is real PvP and land percent / HotA wins are a valid measurement of epeen

That's odd... and here I was just pvping the other day. Wouldn't have guessed it was dead.

Epic would be pretty interesting if all the failed-states and Chaos dropouts didn't go there and try to turn it into Wild Mark 2, sans grinding. This might be a little bit too old for some of our more recent, fledgling, spitfires to remember, but there was a time when Epic was supposed to be wiped every six months or so, skill reset and all. It wasn't until a certain lot carved out their niche and became too attached to the land that those ideas were scrapped.

And now that they have their own little paradise, they're so scared to lose it.

Why do you think 40 skill is like 70 on Epic? It was to make the grind less bad when everyone had to redo it every half-year.

At any rate, if PVP is flourishing on Epic, I suppose you shouldn't be so concerned about consolidating it. And to strip freedomers of any chance they have of using their hard earned accounts to fight? Well, that just seems silly.

Edited by ZarmaZarma
  • Like 2

except epic 

just got wiped

and pvp happens every few days

:^)

Edited by Cornchips

except elevation

just got wiped

and pvp happens every few days

:^)

ftfy

because wiping all the servers really mattered when 90% of the population on everything but elevation even knew what elevation was

That's odd... and here I was just pvping the other day. Wouldn't have guessed it was dead.

Epic would be pretty interesting if all the failed-states and Chaos dropouts didn't go there and try to turn it into Wild Mark 2, sans grinding. This might be a little bit too old for some of our more recent, fledgling, spitfires to remember, but there was a time when Epic was supposed to be wiped every six months or so, skill reset and all. It wasn't until a certain lot carved out their niche and became too attached to the land that those ideas were scrapped.

And now that they have their own little paradise, they're so scared to lose it.

Why do you think 40 skill is like 70 on Epic? It was to make the grind less bad when everyone had to redo it every half-year.

At any rate, if PVP is flourishing on Epic, I suppose you shouldn't be so concerned about consolidating it. And to strip freedomers of any chance they have of using their hard earned accounts to fight? Well, that just seems silly.

Skill reset was never on the table and map reset idea was wiped before epic was opened but we know how that went (2 servers reset)

The curve was meant to allow it being easier for new players to get into the game, which it does, while retaining difficulty in grinding a top-end account

I don't care about the topic I just wanted to make these statements.  While I would think making chaos a pve server is a bit silly, I'm equally bitter that chaos players portalled over to vote yes to resetting elevation, so any decision I'd make would be biased with this in mind

Edited by MrGARY

I don't care about the topic I just wanted to make these statements.  While I would think making chaos a pve server is a bit silly, I'm equally bitter that chaos players portalled over to vote yes to resetting elevation, so any decision I'd make would be biased with this in mind

I have heard about it mentioned many times, but are you sure it is correct? I know of people around me so cannot say for other kingdoms but none of us really bothered afaik to go over and ask for a a reset...

Skill reset was never on the table and map reset idea was wiped before epic was opened but we know how that went (2 servers reset)

The curve was meant to allow it being easier for new players to get into the game, which it does, while retaining difficulty in grinding a top-end account

Both were on the table, and it was the reason I quit epic after finding out it wouldn't happen. The idea for epic was to hav scenarios which when completed would reset the map and skills and on it would go.

I personally never heard of anyone in my kingdom portal over to vote in the epic map reset. Do you have any proof that people did this? It sounds to me you made up this rumour in a futile attempt to get Rolf to revert the change.

Back on topic of course, this is clearly a troll topic made by a troll account (the name is postinglels lol).

You're both right, sort of. It was considered briefly in Rolf's reveal of what he had in mind waaay before it ever went live.

Far as the map reset goes... I don't even recall if I bothered voting on the elevation reset; though, I was all for it, and don't regret it after seeing what the devs came up with. Granted I liked the original vision more; however, the final one is fine.

Both were on the table, and it was the reason I quit epic after finding out it wouldn't happen. The idea for epic was to hav scenarios which when completed would reset the map and skills and on it would go.

I personally never heard of anyone in my kingdom portal over to vote in the epic map reset. Do you have any proof that people did this? It sounds to me you made up this rumour in a futile attempt to get Rolf to revert the change.

Back on topic of course, this is clearly a troll topic made by a troll account (the name is postinglels lol).

Are u a mod reddd. Shouldn't act like one if you don't happen to be one. That's naughty

• Like 1

I am very objective and unbiased, but it has to be said that all chaos players are toxic trolls who add nothing to the game. Close it and send them to xanadu to unite freedom.

• Like 1

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54651-quench-epic-reset-rumours/

And yes, people like Melros portalling over into a village he was a still a villager in from his short lived try out of epic to brag about how he was voting yes for reset is enough proof to me to believe everyone else that said they did the same thing

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54651-quench-epic-reset-rumours/

And yes, people like Melros portalling over into a village he was a still a villager in from his short lived try out of epic to brag about how he was voting yes for reset is enough proof to me to believe everyone else that said they did the same thing

well.. he was melros. Just was curious, because i have heard it many times but did not really know anyone who did it.

+1

Perhaps having all 20 or so pvpers on one map set would make them happy and stop trolling the many populated pve maps yes?