Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Very detailed request for a Fishermans Pole Rack. For fishing rods

Could we add this to the next update rolf?

Detailed item requested here. Just needs your fancy development team to get this rolling.

Just an image needed and I have an idea for that too. But im sure you can handle this with out any trouble.

Hope this grabs your attention **

::::::: Creation:::::::::

Activate ::::: small nails

Right-click :::: plank

Open submenu :::: Create > Storage

::::::::Total materials ::::::

02x :::::: Small nails

13x :::::: Planks

13x :::::: Pegs

02x :::::: Shafts

::::::::: Result :::::::::

Fishing Pole Rack / Case maybe? (25.00 kg)

::::::::: Skill and improvement :::::::::::

Uses ---> Fine carpentry

::::::: Description upon Examining :::::::::

A fisherman's pole rack, it will hold and display most fishing rods.

(Used for storing fishing rods and fine fishing rods)

Other information for this item?

The wood type of the fishing pole rack / case is determined by the last piece of wooden material added during construction either plank or shaft or peg.

If a nail is used last it will turn the wood type your started with example: (unfinished maple fisherman's pole rack / case)

needs 1 nail to complete this.. 1 nail will the unfinished fishermans pole rack maple but if a cedar or other wood type of wooden material is used as the last required piece it will change to cedar wood type or which ever wood type you choose to use as the last item on creation.

Can hold 100 fishing rods or 50 Fine fishing rods

To continue building it, it must be on the ground.

It cannot be picked up once finished, though it can be push/pull/rotated

Loadable? Yes ::: by large cart, wagon, boats

Tools needed to improve this fisherman's pole rack / case

File, pelt, carving knife, and mallet

Materials would be logs to improve as well.

Please like this request and bump often we can do this !

This is long over due....

Edited by Vortexxx
  • Like 15

Great work, +1

Just my personal opinion but I think 100 fishing or 50 fine fishing is a bit too high of a number to be allowed to be stored in 1 item. I would say that 50 fishing and 20 or 25 fine fishing would be more adequate. Ok, tou may have to make 2-3 if you have a lot of rods.... better get a fishermans house built to display them in.

Also, love the amount of detail. Thoroughly thought and planned, that really is awesome. I would love to see it with a clear display case that actually shows rods and empty spaces for rods.

In that same note, if a rod has any rarity rare/supreme/fantastic, it would be amazing to see it shimmer in ots spot in the case.

Hope this comes into the game soon. Great work Vortexxx!

• Like 1

No tarlynn the 100 and 50 is just fine even the 50 I though was too low.

it was just a suggestion most containers hold 100 items.

even the bow rack can hold 100 short bows , or 89 bows, or 67 long bows.

on another not :) thank I did some research on suggestion this idea I think its suitable for game developers and reasonable for players.

Edited by Vortexxx
  • Like 4

I could use this as well.  right now my rod just clanks around in my wagon.

• Like 4

+1 as well, but without the suggested mechanic that nail as last item changes wood type. I'd say let's stick with the mechanic that last wood item added determines wood type.

its just an example that the nail will finish the wood type you started with ( read it aging ) and of course any wood item u use last will be that wood item. but if u have to finish with a nail it will be the wood type of the unfinished item.

• Like 4

I don't see why the finished item should work different to other items when adding nail last

Eg: I make an unfinished large cart out of pine materials and I like to waste willow trees so I make a willow yoke and this is the last wood item added then I take the unfinished cart and add the nails last in the location I wish to use it. I get a willow cart not a pine one.

• Like 2

No tarlynn the 100 and 50 is just fine even the 50 I though was too low.

it was just a suggestion most containers hold 100 items.

even the bow rack can hold 100 short bows , or 89 bows, or 67 long bows.

on another not :) thank I did some research on suggestion this idea I think its suitable for game developers and reasonable for players.

I agree with Tarlynn, 50 is ridiculous, 100 is insane. Anything over 10 seems silly to me, but 20 would accommodate enough rods at once for even large fishing parties. There's nothing preventing you from making a few racks if for some weird reason you have say, 60 rods, though I don't see why ANYONE would need so many. 

Rather just be able to fit them into a polearm rack like we use to be able to do.

Not that I'm against having a dedicated rack.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

+1   Yes, yes, yes!

I hate to drop fishing rods on the ground and into coffins.

I would like someting like this:                          ocyxfss.jpg

• Like 2

+1 What a well thought out suggestion - v.good idea too - it would make an attractive addition (using  Annyil's pic as a guide).  Might be an idea to have it store dioptras and range poles as well?

Cool idea but would make more sense if part of an expanded and more detailed fishing system