Sign in to follow this  
malidath

unplayable fps and freezing. some graphics settings not available

The game runs unplayably slow at night time, which I think is due to the bloom glow because the FPS almost always lags or freezes completely whenever I look at a lamp. The only way i can move around during this is by looking straight at the ground, and even then, it often freezes. The game occasionally runs well enough to play during the day, but this only lasts for so long, usually until the sun sets and the lamps turn on. Countless times i have died and lost everything in this way; one frame i am standing in a perceivably safe place, in the next i am being attacked, and in the next, I am dead. i have tried to turn off the bloom glow, but even though the setting is unchecked, the game continues to render blooms regardless. I have also heard that turning off the GLSL shading, might fix the problem. And so I searched the settings menu thoroughly, (logged out), but I found no such setting. I worry that maybe i have an incorrect version of the client, and so I tried deleting the game completely from my machine, (which is a Mac OSX Mavericks, maybe a bit on the low end), and re-installing it. But nothing changed, not even the fact that it no longer plays start up music like it used to. (by the way, is that normal?). I appreciate any help.

under compatibility it says something like GLSL shaders at the top then there should be a drop down box which is set to core atm, select disabled and it turn off, definitely helps with performance

under compatibility it says something like GLSL shaders at the top then there should be a drop down box which is set to core atm, select disabled and it turn off, definitely helps with performance

I have found some things that (for me, take note, for ME) made some differences in curbing the fps battle:

1. Using the gfx card settings for AA and Anisitropy (improvement over the games own)

2. Disable the blue highlight on selected objects (for me the difference between hioghlighting an dynamic object and not, is 5 fps)

3. Keep everything as low as possible, and then play with only minor config changes at a time (some things help, some don't)

4. Model loader threads. I increased these to 4, but set the priority to low (this helped the glitching while moving as terrain loads). Depends on your hardware.

Hope you come right!

Wrong guy

Edited by Ardone
Wrong guy

On 16/08/2015 at 11:18 AM, Ragzad said:

Thanks man But is that all?