Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Building underground work around

I often wondered why you'll have never done what i'm about to sujest since you can't do real 3d underground.

Right now all building walls have your usual collider on them and most other things go with out them example..(Wagons, furniture....etc).

All these other items are rotatable/push/pullable. Prime example will be the BSB you can plant once planted it can't be moved but only by he/she who planted it. So why have you not yet made wall objects that act just like the BSB so they can be placed underground yet moveable by he'she that plants it?

You could easyly take the floor tile make it placeable seeing it is not part of the ground you would be bale to see the tile boarders on it which would allow you to add a wall on the side of it. this would open up the ability to build inside underground. You wouldn't have to over haul the game to get this to work.

Imagine being able to place a moveable wall that acts like a bsb but desgined to be like a cave door. this door can be planted and pushed and pulled into place inside the cave which would have a collider which would stop anyone from passing it if it was locked. Only placesbale on deed tiles.

I think you guys should go and try to add the floor tile underground and then work off that building underground use it as a base to start.

I am ultra confused, do you want an underground bsb that looks like a door or an underground door that looks like a bsb?

Prime example will be the BSB you can plant once planted it can't be moved but only by he/she who planted it. So why have you not yet made wall objects that act just like the BSB so they can be placed underground yet moveable by he'she that plants it​

What this line here says. It explains to take a wall plan and give it the bsb script or parts of the bsb function and parts of the wall code/functions and make it a object that doesn't need to be placed on a writ.

You can take the wall plan make it a moveable object which has code from the bsb so it will take stuff like ... planting, rotating, push, pull then code from the wall what type wall based on mats and tool.

This would give you a new object that is placeable  can be rotated pushed pulled in to place then built like a regular wall. I can't make it any more clear for you. The dev's will know what I'm saying.

-1 to planting walls. I could see it as extra griefy. Hopefully I'm understanding fully what your saying though. If it is a message to the devs then nevermind.

He's suggesting making a new plantable item in a cave become the substrate for an item, ie a "wall", with a collision mesh attachable to it there-by simulating a tile border.  Makes senses. 

I absolutely agree.

The people want underground walls and doors.

I think devs are looking at the hardest route by creating tile borders in caves then adding the wall code to it.

the OP has the simplest solution.

Create plantable wall / door objects with a collision mesh and permissions.

This would just cause super vaults.

This would be bad bad bad for epic/chaos =(