Sign in to follow this  
sEeDliNgS

Sheeps & Rams Can't Be Sheared [Fixed]

Two bugs with sheep!

1. I shear my sheep once a day, and as of recently have been unable to shear them anymore.  I have 45 sheep so it's not just a couple that aren't cooperating - and it's both the male and females.   It says "The creature is already sheared"

I have definitely sheared them at least once since the rams & lambs update (definitely know this 'cause I was almost hoping for black wool to come off one of my rams!) 

Can't be 100% sure but I think I only sheared them one time since that update, and then it no longer works.  And yes, they are all fed, healthy and happy.

2. I have a couple of male sheep with no horns (Aged +)

Edited by sEeDliNgS

Same, no one in my village has been able to shear for the last day, myself included

it doesnt even give me the option to shear mine and I havent even sheared them before the update

Treid to shear my sheep after Naiani's question in CA.

There is no option with an activated scissors, be them male or female, adolescent, aged or venerable (for fun, I tried every other tool I had with me, from a scythe to a hammer, there is no option at all to shear them.); all my sheep are on deed, on enchanted grass, fat and happy, both bred and wild.

I had no lamb to try to shear (might try it on an ally deed later).

I have not been able to shear my sheep since the update.  I check every morning and have not had the option to shear with activated scissors.  All of my sheep are fat and on enchanted grass.  I do have some lambs and there is no option to shear them, either.  (Not sure if lambs are shearable, but I have been checking.)

For those with no shear option - just a shot in the dark here - lead your sheep off deed and see if you get the shear option off deed.

Server: Pristine, on deed, AH 53. 1x3 pens.

Window 10, Java 8, Unstable client.

When I saw people talking about not being able to shear sheep I went and sheered all 7 of my sheep. Which worked fine.

But since that first shear, there no longer is a shear option on any sheep I have already sheared..

Seeing this thread I went to my sheep pens and checked.  I sheared all my sheep the day after the change, and this morning I was also able to shear them all.  So there must be some factor not being mentioned that is preventing some from shearing.  I will state the factors I think may be affecting this, and ask all of you to give your data on the same factors.  If you think of another factor to add, I will give you my stats on that factor.

First, I am on Indy, is is possible this is happening only on 1 server?

Second, I am using a 91 ql scissors, what are you all using?  I am also grooming the sheep before I shear, but get the shear option without grooming, so I don't think that is a factor.

Third, I have 92 skill in Animal Husbandry, what is your skill in AH?

Fourth, I keep all my sheep separate in 1x2 pens so I don't have to chase them all over, how are you keeping your sheep?

Edit:  Almost forgot, my sheep are ondeed and were shearable ondeed, so that does not seem to be a factor.

2nd Edit:  Also, I am using the unstable client and Java 8, which may be a factor.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Did some more testing:

I have 8 sheep, on-deed, none of them has a shearing option.

Led off-deed a few of them, either wild or bred, different ages, did not get an option to shear them.

I went and raided ally deeds until I found one sheep (the deed owner did not shear the sheep since the update, but only one had the option. lamb born after the update has no shear option either).

I sheep-napped the (old) sheep (female, bred), brought it home, groomed and sheared it; no option to shear again (yet).

Found off deed sheep and was able to shear them (but cannot test again on same sheep, since they are still roaming free).

On a side note, but probably irrelevant due to being male-female, female sheep were milked (once) after the update.

Animal husbandry 55, 78ql scissors; sheep are kept 4 by 4 in 3x2 pens, on deed, on enchanted grass.

Windows 7, java 8, normal client (3.92).

Will update if any will give the shear option today.

Edited by Evening

Evening, could you please try the unstable client and see if you get the option then?  It's just a hunch I have.

Windows 10, Java 8, Stable client, Xanadu. 

Using a 75ql scissors I have checked every day since the update and have not had the option (sheered before the update). Sheeps are on deed on enchanted grass ranging in all ages. Some being wild and some being bred (even tried on a lamb). 

Evening, could you please try the unstable client and see if you get the option then?  It's just a hunch I have.

I just tried to shear on Deli. I was able to shear adults, but no new lambs. I had not tried to shear since the update, so IDK if this was my one lucky shear and then I won't be able to again or not.

Found the bug, it was because they are now milkable as well

Will be fixed next update.

• Like 2