Sign in to follow this  
Neb

"Play nice or ill rip your heart out."

A lot of these rulings make me not want to play because of fear. I'd like to see some changes and more transparency on the rulings, we have troublemakers who get off so lightly in-game and on the forums while the good player suffers from it. :(

• Like 2

A lot of these rulings make me not want to play because of fear. I'd like to see some changes and more transparency on the rulings, we have troublemakers who get off so lightly in-game and on the forums while the good player suffers from it. :(

Edited by Cornchips

The Freedom cluster was added as a lawful, peaceful place for players to play, so its clear active feuds cannot be allowed.  It appears to me that given the contradictory mess of a rule set we now have that Enki did a great job of putting out the fire.  This is yet another good example of why the FCC, and the enclosure rules  broken as they were should have been rewritten for todays Wurm instead of being thrown away.  I would like to see it go one step further and define a maximum perimeter with terraforming and mining permissions.   How can we complain about arbitrary decisions when the game creates the need for them on a daily basis.  Wurm offers both PVP and PVE servers, with the abundant amount of space available there is no reason on a peaceful server anyone should ever be going into another's area bothering them, especially perimeters or the little bit of land a ftp needs to start up.

The Freedom cluster was added as a lawful, peaceful place for players to play, so its clear active feuds cannot be allowed.  It appears to me that given the contradictory mess of a rule set we now have that Enki did a great job of putting out the fire.  This is yet another good example of why the FCC, and the enclosure rules  broken as they were should have been rewritten for todays Wurm instead of being thrown away.  I would like to see it go one step further and define a maximum perimeter with terraforming and mining permissions.   How can we complain about arbitrary decisions when the game creates the need for them on a daily basis.  Wurm offers both PVP and PVE servers, with the abundant amount of space available there is no reason on a peaceful server anyone should ever be going into another's area bothering them, especially perimeters or the little bit of land a ftp needs to start up.

"into anothers area" Sorry, but nothing outside of your buildings & deeds is yours. You come to a highway that is near my deed, it isn't my highway, it may connect to access roads to my deed, but it isn't my highway. There may be a mine nearby, but that isn't my mine.

This is where Enki went wrong. Gumbo mined copper in a mine near slickshots deed, in perim or not. It wasn't *owned* by slickshot, he didn't deed it, just had a door on it to my knowledge, yet Enki has forbidden him from going near the local of slickshots deeds, aswell as *anyone* associated with him. An shared account went into that same mine a day later and went afk, no door bashing was involved, a door was placed onto the mine by the owner of the account, at a different entrance. Later I logged into that account, then went afk not long after, left my account fighting a pig for shield skill, came back every now n then to bash the pig, and when I checked on Sixiron to make sure he was still safe in the mine, I had several ridiculous pm's from Slickshot and his friends, including [23:56:41] <Joykill> I really dont have time for this, my little brother just had a seizure and is on his way to the hospital, need to resolve this & several others which I'll put into spoilers below for those who wish to read. among those pm's I received was a flashing tab from Enki, the message was [02:31:09] <Enki> I have set you at the deed you are associated with I tried to respond to this last one but received [02:34:08] <System> Enki is not currently available, please try again later.  3 days later I'm still awaiting a response from enki and the other moderators he added to the message.

Logs

Joykill

Logging started 2015-08-12

[21:58:21] <Joykill> this mine is getting collapsed soon
[21:58:33] <Joykill> you should ride out while you can
[22:04:33] <Joykill> Please move your wagon so we can finish this.
[22:21:40] <Joykill> please respond
[22:50:39] <Joykill> trying again
[23:21:24] <Joykill> if you came here to grief us for gumbo, that is a very childish and foolish thing to do.
[23:22:41] <Joykill> I dont wish to get you in trouble or have any drama, I just want to finish what i started here, and enjoy the game to  myself. You are making that difficult, and frustrating.
[23:23:27] <Joykill> I'm not even saying you would get in trouble, but the circumstances make it appear that you were sent by gumbo
[23:24:11] <Joykill> your wagon was made by him, you came the day after a griefing issue with him, when he was told to stay out of our local area or be banned by enki
[23:24:50] <Joykill> I dont know  you, I have no problem with you, and I wish you no ill intent, I didn't even wish to report this but had no choice
[23:44:43] <Joykill> Trying again
[23:45:44] <Joykill> If you need some resources I can help out by pointing you in the right direction, if they are on deed I will have to mine it for you but i have 90 mining, But I really need to close up this entrance.
[23:56:41] <Joykill> I really dont have time for this, my little brother just had a seizure and is on his way to the hospital, need to resolve this

Slickshot

Logging started 2015-08-13

[01:16:37] <Slickshot> please remove yourself from our mine before I place you under KoS
[01:17:44] <Slickshot> Will you comply?
[01:19:07] <Slickshot> Due to recent griefing events, I am concerned with the well being of my deed and the property within my perimeter.  Due to such nefarious activities I will not be trusting outsiders at the time.
[01:20:37] <Slickshot> My co-owner has informed me that you've been sitting in our mine unresponsive for a very long time.  I feel you've had ample time to leave after being asked by him and myself.
[01:21:04] <Slickshot> You will now be placed under KoS.  If you wish to avoid altercations with the guards I would suggest not crossing into the deed or coming near the tower.

Farscape

[23:52:30] <Farscape> can you plz come out of our mine
[00:02:45] <Farscape> hi
[00:06:41] <Farscape> can i get some armour made what is the highest ql you can make

Cenotaph

[22:27:23] <Cenotaph> hello! was hired by these blokes to cast strongwall where you are currently stationed :) Should I pack up my stuff and head on home ?

Enki

Logging started 2015-08-13

[02:26:22] <Enki> 
[02:27:19] <Enki> Thisi s a notice.  As you are connected to the Gumbo issue
[02:27:43] <Enki> A specific Directive has bene given to Gumbo to stay out of the local of Slickshot's deeds.
[02:28:05] <Enki> Gumbo wants that to include his deeds and keep SLickshots gorup out of his locals of his existing deeds
[02:28:35] <Enki> If that is the case then those of you with Gumbo must also adhere ot the directive and stay out of hte locals of the exisitng deeds of Slickshots
[02:30:25] <Enki> Apparently the deeds in question are Storm's End and Haven
[02:30:56] <Enki> I am sorry you have ot be affected by their foolishness but it is a last chance scenario.
[02:31:09] <Enki> I have set you at the deed you are associated with
[02:34:08] <Sixiron> uh.. what
[02:34:08] <System> Enki is not currently available, please try again later. 

Local

[21:28:02] <Ceno> alright, I'll bb in 10
[21:58:52] <Ceno> [22:58:33] That tile is occupied by creatures.
[22:00:23] <Slickshot> k
[22:01:47] <Joykill> six
[22:01:56] <Joykill> we need you to move your wagon please
[22:09:35] <Joykill> sixiron, are you around
[00:06:00] <Joykill> god
[00:06:04] <Joykill> too much going on today
[01:07:49] <Slickshot> hey ceno
[01:07:53] <Ceno> lo :)
[01:08:06] <Slickshot> how are ya
[01:08:24] <Ceno> oh I'm fine :) you ?
[01:09:07] <Slickshot> I'd be doing better if this person wasn't here for bad reasons.
[01:09:29] <Ceno> ah I always assume they are not until proven opposite =)
[01:09:54] <Ceno> but he can't stay in there forever :)
[01:09:57] <Slickshot> Well given recent issues.
[01:10:02] <Slickshot> Gumbo came over here.
[01:10:06] <Slickshot> Griefed our mine.
[01:10:23] <Slickshot> 2 days later this Sixiron guy shows up, in our mine, with a wagon made by Gumbo.
[01:10:36] <Slickshot> The coincidence is too great.
[01:21:29] <Ceno> ah but I'm going to bed. I got paid by Joykill, did the 3 below aswell. if he has moved tomorrow, I'll cast the last then
[01:21:48] <Ceno> if not give me a shout at a later date when he has moved
[01:22:03] <Slickshot> Thank you sir, I appreciate it.
[01:22:07] <Ceno> goodnight/morning/afternoon guys and enjoy =)

[02:22:28] You are summoned by a great force.
[02:22:28] You leave the wagon.
[02:26:22] <Enki> 
As an additional note, Enki made no attempt to contact me on Tiki (the alt I was bashing a pig with every few minutes)

Feel free to make up your own minds about this situation I was affected by through no fault of my own.

Fair, or not? You decide.

Edit, I forgot to add the local logs.

Edited by Shadz

There is irony in the thread title and the trolling that has taken place within it.  There are many ways to disagree without being disagreeable and many ways to debate ideas without debating the person in ad hominem attack style.  Lets try to keep it in a thoughtful manner to each other.

Everything isnt trolling, so stop bringing up that old card please.!

If you dont agree with someones opinion it doesnt mean they are trolling. So stop it already, its getting booring.

"Hey, its against the rules to "troll"..."I dont agree with you, you are trolling, ban"

Sigh, what has become of this game!

I remember the good old times with Haraldstern, Dreammaster, Eir and to somewhat degree Inventor. The rules was followed... But today if a gm or someone in the wurmstaff dont agree with any post its automatically "trolling" wich gives them a reason to lock a thread or give someone a warning.

ROLF WAKE UP! And the highest GM also wake up, <- This isnt bashing. This is fact and truth.!!

• Like 3

Post all of the logs you wish. Nothing I have done or said is a lie, or meant to cause grief.

If I really cared about all this drama I would even post a picture of my younger brothers face, where he fell during his seizure.
I do not like to participate in these petty forum squabbles tho, but this one seems to just keep going.

No one here has all the information required to make a true judgement on the matter, not even my self.

The GM's have all the information, they are the only ones who do, and they made their decision.

All this needs to end now, so we can all get back to enjoying wurm.

• Like 1

Post all of the logs you wish. Nothing I have done or said is a lie, or meant to cause grief.

If I really cared about all this drama I would even post a picture of my younger brothers face, where he fell during his seizure.

I do not like to participate in these petty forum squabbles tho, but this one seems to just keep going.

No one here has all the information required to make a true judgement on the matter, not even my self.

The GM's have all the information, they are the only ones who do, and they made their decision.

All this needs to end now, so we can all get back to enjoying wurm.

You was so concerned rushing to the hospital to make sure he was okay, there's event logs of you doing stuff 10 minutes later?

Ok the afk alt I can picture... as far as a gm contacting your character about an alt that is shared... How many people would he work to message exactly?

You were unresponsive afk for hours and all of a sudden a minute or two after enki teleports you you wake up? That's not a good alibi. You were better sounding when you were not telling your side.

Traveling a distance, even if it was just 5 min by cart, to mine a resource in someone's perimeter is not greifing but is rude.

Traveling a greater distance to mine a resource in someone's perimeter after bashing a door... I'd call that greifing just as much as catapulting a stone wall on perimeter to get into stables to then kill All their sheep grazing in perimeter.

Yea deed it or loose it, pereter isn't owned but I don't take on my neighbors doorstep just because I could get there.

So where's the chat logs where you asked in local if anyone lmew where some copper to mine was located?

Edited by Leroy
  • Like 3

Ok the afk alt I can picture... as far as a gm contacting your character about an alt that is shared... How many people would he work to message exactly?

You were unresponsive afk for hours and all of a sudden a minute or two after enki teleports you you wake up? That's not a good alibi. You were better sounding when you were not telling your side.

Traveling a distance, even if it was just 5 min by cart, to mine a resource in someone's perimeter is not greifing but is rude.

Traveling a greater distance to mine a resource in someone's perimeter after bashing a door... I'd call that greifing just as much as catapulting a stone wall on perimeter to get into stables to then kill All their sheep grazing in perimeter.

Yea deed it or loose it, pereter isn't owned but I don't take ###### on my neighbors doorstep just because I could get there.

So where's the chat logs where you asked in local if anyone lmew where some copper to mine was located?

Edited by Shadz

You was so concerned rushing to the hospital to make sure he was okay, there's event logs of you doing stuff 10 minutes later?

Edited by JoyKill
  • Like 2

So like... I can't mine off deed anywhere if it's in someone's local because I might get banned?

• Like 2

So like... I can't mine off deed anywhere if it's in someone's local because I might get banned?

Looks like from the new info that was posted, it appears that in this specific situation there was an agreement between 2 deedholders to stay out of eachothers locals (GM resolved). The character in question that was teleported is somehow quasi-associated with 1 of the 2 deeds that made the agreement.

On a final note,

I want to express that I never had a problem with Enki's moderation decisions, my only issue is that if they were going to start enforcing those types of rulings, they should start issuing them to the problematic players and their alts around here, not the long-time community members who have decent reps (aside from the few personal squabbles they've had in game over the years).

Since there was an agreement made between 2 deedholders and a quasi-affiliation, I am going to shut my mouth. I apologize to Enki and the rest of the GM team for feeding into a topic based on a moderation call. There was more information than I was privy to (as is usually always the case), and now knowing it, I understand exactly why the situation played out like it did. 

• Like 1

The original directive involved no one else except people on both sides deeds. I was actually there to get Copper for some items I wanted to make and then when I go lay down for a bit because of a headache I had I wake up to find my character force teleported. Enki could of seen this by my actions while there if he looked (I was not mining random sections down to make them unpassable) that I had no intentions to grief or cause problems with them.

[19:20:32] <Enki> I am giving you a directive as Head Game Master under the rule regarding "Play Nice or we will rip your heart out"
[19:21:04] <Enki> If you disregard this directive you will be banned from Wurm

[19:21:13] <Gumbo> aye aye
[19:21:21] <Enki> Now I must give the smae directive to them

This thread needs to be locked and deleted.  Pretty sure there's nothing positive going on here but mudslinging and anti-GM banter.

• Like 3

Only if that local belongs to a friend of the GM's.

To the people wondering why we're being so harsh. They need only read over Lorraine's earlier troubles, and the lack of action taken then.

The original directive involved no one else except people on both sides deeds. I was actually there to get Copper for some items I wanted to make and then when I go lay down for a bit because of a headache I had I wake up to find my character force teleported. Enki could of seen this by my actions while there if he looked (I was not mining random sections down to make them unpassable) that I had no intentions to grief or cause problems with them.

[19:20:32] <Enki> I am giving you a directive as Head Game Master under the rule regarding "Play Nice or we will rip your heart out"

[19:21:04] <Enki> If you disregard this directive you will be banned from Wurm

[19:21:13] <Gumbo> aye aye

[19:21:21] <Enki> Now I must give the smae directive to them

What kind of QL Copper are you looking for? I know of a few very good, and utmost nodes near my deed, in and around my alliance, that you're welcome to use anytime.

I won't act paranoid, make demands, and then nag a GM until they make you leave. I promise.

Edited by Dairuka

Only if that local belongs to a friend of the GM's.

To the people wondering why we're being so harsh. They need only read over Lorraine's earlier troubles, and the lack of action taken then.

What kind of QL Copper are you looking for? I know of a few very good, and utmost nodes near my deed, in and around my alliance, that you're welcome to use anytime.

I won't act paranoid, make demands, and then nag a GM until they make you leave. I promise.

Wow, Dairuka being friendly without a hint of troll lol :P

Edited by Shadz

I was actually there to get Copper for some items I wanted to make

• Like 1

Its a little hard to pick it up or get it delivered due to the directive :) besides a kind fellow already directed me to some better ql veins

Since there was an agreement made between 2 deedholders and a quasi-affiliation, I am going to shut my mouth.

So "2 deedholders" can "make an agreement" (for example, "you and your alts and your friends will stay out of my Local"), and then ask the GM to enforce it? Seriously, getting a reply from /support takes hours, and GMs spend their time on being private bouncers for "deedholders"? WTF

No, seriously... how come Lorraine's deed has had to put up with all that crap considering what got a directive elsewhere?

• Like 8

No, seriously... how come Lorraine's deed has had to put up with all that crap considering what got a directive elsewhere?

Because she doesn't kiss .?

• Like 3

Greetings!

-Clear and fair explanation of the situation and why it was handleded as it was-

Have fun for crying out loud!

So my topic got hijacked , what did i expect...

Lock plz.

Well, at least Enki tried. Guess he can't please everyone. 

• Like 1

PVE servers suck for this reason... you need the GM's to deal with EVERYTHING.