Sign in to follow this  
Neb

"Play nice or ill rip your heart out."

Am I the only adult that can properly interpret what's going on here?

Someone was making a point to go to another player's perimeter to mine out all their resources.  "Deed it or lose it" argument aside, the person was not mining in the perimeter because he needed iron, the person was mining at that place to cause unrest...deliberately.

Anyone that performs actions that could be considered spiteful, such as getting mad at someone and chopping all the trees and digging someone's perimeter to rock deserves punishment, whether or not it is specifically stated in the rules, because you are not "playing nice". 

Those of you that are purposefully exaggerating and misinterpreting Enki's actions on this matter... stop looking for loopholes in the rules and just play the #@%#$ game. 

Am I the only adult that can properly interpret what's going on here?

Someone was making a point to go to another player's perimeter to mine out all their resources.  "Deed it or lose it" argument aside, the person was not mining in the perimeter because he needed iron, the person was mining at that place to cause unrest...deliberately.

Anyone that performs actions that could be considered spiteful, such as getting mad at someone and chopping all the trees and digging someone's perimeter to rock deserves punishment, whether or not it is specifically stated in the rules, because you are not "playing nice". 

Those of you that are purposefully exaggerating and misinterpreting Enki's actions on this matter... stop looking for loopholes in the rules and just play the #@%#$ game. 

• Like 2

You should see some of the logs during the visit of someone who was legitimately there for a good reason and yet was force teleported by a GM back to a deed. During which they attempted to collapse a tile that that players wagon was on after they bashed the mine door they placed.

• Like 1

Send me a forum pm of the logs i am up for a good read, lol

Why forum pm, I'll post them here when I'm back on my PC. I'll make sure to include where joykill pretended his brother was having a medical emergency to try and get me to respond to them, even though I was clearly afk

• Like 1

My apologies to everyone concerned.

I posted out of fear, due to a lack of understanding. 

I got annoyed in responding to replies of others and I lost control of my intentions.

At most : i hoped that the confusion may be avoided in future, perhaps with a note at login or prod to check forum / emails.

(@Ayes : I honestly believed I could have been banned for breaching an edict.. 

Yes, I naively expected that a discussion over the root cause of the situation could continue in the thread we have for PvE rules,

hence my comments regarding Hijacking, posted before i had read Enki's response.)

I have stated from the outset that I accept the judgement of Staff, my annoyance over the matter stemmed from the lack of information available, nothing more.

I understand why this the judgement was made & i see how i have overreacted to the situation and the responses of others.

Again : my apologies.

• Like 5

Only if you have proof, there is a rule against witchunting.

Please feel free to post a link to this mythical anti-witchunting rule.

• Like 1

You know ... I make it a point to NOT make post anything in a thread that is obviously about PvP matters (since I don't play on a PvP server so PvP matters are none of my business), it's a shame that kind of respect can't go both ways.

Please feel free to post a link to this mythical anti-witchunting rule.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

He actually agreed with the decision and said that he feels the "play nice" thing was broken. He could have left the crying part off but... that's just Zekezor.  :P

I think though, if you read this reply, Zekezor, that it's frustration, not love of drama. On PvP, you don't have to stand and watch. There's really nothing you can do on PvE but wait for a GM. Depending the time of the day or even the day, it could be hours. By then, there's not much left to stop. Also, if you retaliate, you risk being as bad or worse than what you want to have stopped when the questioning begins. On PvP, you can mount of up a posse and go take it back. You don't have that luxury on PvE. You may get away with it but chances are you won't. There's no doubt whatsoever that retaliation is intentional.

• Like 1

+1 to a gm that understands that someone shouldn't be doing something on someone's doorstep simply because its possible.

• Like 2

+1 to a gm that understands that someone shouldn't be doing something on someone's doorstep simply because its possible.

-1 to GM's who teleport people who are just afk in an area because they're "linked" with someone else

• Like 1

All I see is, many cases handled badly. Some were handled fine but for many, the result was not what it should have been. Even with current "play nice" rules, many people have broken them in one way or another and got away with it. Such things people do to annoy others on a pve server :P

If there's one thing I've learned in this game, it's that "guilty by association" is just plain stupid. Please correct me if I'm wrong but, from reading this thread, it sounds like anyone from a particular alliance can't be near one person's deed? Is this even if most of these alliance members had nothing to do with whatever drama has happened?

So someone mines in someone else's perimeter and then suggests neither party should be allowed on either person's deed? Shouldn't it be that single person who was mining in said perimeter shouldn't be allowed near said person's deed?

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 2

If there's one thing I've learned in this game, it's that "guilty by association" is just plain stupid. Please correct me if I'm wrong but, from reading this thread, it sounds like anyone from a particular alliance can't be near one person's deed? Is this even if most of these alliance members had nothing to do with whatever drama has happened?

So someone mines in someone else's perimeter and then suggests neither party should be allowed on either person's deed? Shouldn't it be that single person who was mining in said perimeter shouldn't be allowed near said person's deed?

This reminds me of that fight I saw between Elite and that other guy over the red dragon, when they guy stole it from him after it bashed down the fences by placing a deed right next to it. $2000 down the drain. And I just happened to be exploring that mountain at that very moment to witness it...

Wurm never changes ehh. Always going to be drama of some kind.

Edited by Haverstrom

This reminds me of that fight I saw between Elite and that other guy over the red dragon, when they guy stole it from him after it bashed down the fences by placing a deed right next to it. $2000 down the drain. And I just happened to be exploring that mountain at that very moment to witness it...

Wurm never changes ehh. Always going to be drama of some kind.

we stole it back :D

• Like 1

pretty sure you cant be banned for going in local of a deed.... thats just playing the game. If thats not the case then the staff of this game is literally the worst staff i have ever seen

With the way the rules are written and what I have been told directly by one of the assistant GMs in the past they can just pull a rule out of there ass and enforce as they see fit.

• Like 1

This is turning anti GM pretty quickly, don't forget in wurm we tend to have a mob mentality and it seems the only intention the staff had was to keep the pitchforks down and prevent a deep wallet player from quitting the game which is completely reasonable I doubt anyone would actually get banned, but if banning wasn't on the table no one would ever listen to a GM.

My gripe with this situation is that actions like this have been going on for years (mining in someone's perim, digging it entirely out to rock, etc.) and the GM's position/response has basically been "deed it or lose it". Now, all of a sudden, it's somehow different.  :rolleyes: 

I know not every case is "black and white", but cmon.... 

Also, tell me why is it that scumbags like the OPs of these threads:
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127932-we-are-syndicate/
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126948-red-vendetta-thieves-guild-coming-to-a-deed-near-you/
are not being dealt with, but Enki has the time to go moderate Shadz and Gumbo?

Personally, Shadz and Gumbo aren't an issue in the PVE community and it's toxicity. Instead, Enki should focus on "cleaning up" some of his PVP peons that are leaking onto PVE because their servers are ghost towns and the players are bored.

• Like 5

My gripe with this situation is that actions like this have been going on for years (mining in someone's perim, digging it entirely out to rock, etc.) and the GM's position/response has basically been "deed it or lose it". Now, all of a sudden, it's somehow different.  :rolleyes: 

I know not every case is "black and white", but cmon.... 

Also, tell me why is it that scumbags like the OPs of these threads:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127932-we-are-syndicate/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126948-red-vendetta-thieves-guild-coming-to-a-deed-near-you/

are not being dealt with, but Enki has the time to go moderate Shadz and Gumbo?

Personally, Shadz and Gumbo aren't an issue in the PVE community and it's toxicity. Instead, Enki should focus on "cleaning up" some of his PVP peons that are leaking onto PVE because their servers are ghost towns and the players are bored.

If Shads and Gumbo did anything horrible to someone like... say Lorraine... By killing all of her animals and then bragging about it afterwords... nothing would be done. Right Sirlaw? Yet all this happens over something innocuous?... Funny how the rule of law in Wurm appears to work.

At least this whole ordeal helped to inspire me to create a new signature, my old one was getting stale. My question is, how long until they start deleting posts, locking threads and banning people for alluding to the obvious?

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 4

Yeah, some little kids around the North Indy Alliance on Independence tried boxing me in on my deed too, but failed.

Why not just catapult the fences away?

Push your perimeter out so the one room house decays faster.

If he rebuilds, catapult again.

Because angrily posting the same image in every topic for the last month is much more satisfying than doing some in game effort.

• Like 2