Sign in to follow this  
Neb

"Play nice or ill rip your heart out."

Greetings!

I have reason to believe this is in response to a recent Directive I was forced to enact.  Let me clarify a few points so that people can see just how UN-rediculous what I did happens to be.

There are the mechanical rules that govern the game quite well in most aspects of Wurm Online.  We want this to be as open as possible with the community highly and directly involved in the evolution of the Wurm world.

Unfortunately, there is also the Play Nice or we will rip your heart out rule.  Why?  I am glad you asked  even if you didn't.  Sometimes there will be people who will abuse the letter of the rules to go against the intent of the rules for the sole purpose of driving other members away or inflict some some form of activity on PVE servers that should not be tolerated outside of PVP.  That is the simplest explanation.

In this case the parties involved live well apart and have no reason to be antagonizing each other in any way.  So when one party went directly to the other party's deed and began wiping out the resources for little to no purpose it was rather obvious that this was nothing but antagonism that was going to spiral even further out of control. (When I say deed, yes it was in their perimeter, but obviously done with intent to harm others game play.)

The directive given to the parties is that they should stay out of local range of each others existing deeds.  And before you start blaming me for it including the associates of the affected players, it was one particular person's wish in this mess to make it that way.  I deemed it fair enough since it was the aggressor in this instance that requested it, so look to him first.

Don't go all paranoid on being banned just because you had to cross into their local for a moment to get to somewhere.  Just avoid building, mining, loitering, etc in their locals.  This should be easy enough given the distances involved.

There is no reason to create these personal wars on Freedom.  Go to Chaos or Epic if you are that kind of person.  Have fun for crying out loud!

• Like 30

I agree that it's a childish war, but the thing is that one of the people involved should ideally have been permabanned many moons ago for persistent harrassment of other players as well as instigating in the global chats over and over by questioning chat rules as well as riling others up over inane things. Banning him once and for all would surely put an end to the warring much faster than threatening everyone who walks past his area with a ban for loitering.

• Like 1

So my topic got hijacked , what did i expect...

Lock plz.

Edited by Neb

Damn Enki I just got the bowl of popcorn ready for a few pages of drama and you have to be the voice of reason.

• Like 2

There is no reason to create these personal wars on Freedom.  Go to Chaos or Epic if you are that kind of person.  Have fun for crying out loud! -enki '15

Enki, it's just sad that this same person publicly said on the forums "deed it or lose it" and is now complaning that someone else is mining his OFFDEED veins.. 

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 3

i didn't read any of this but this thread is dumb and you're probably over reacting as usual for the people that make these kind of threads

like trying to argue your picture got removed but saying 'it's a gif not a picure l0l0l0l0l0'

Have fun keeping everyone on gumbos friends list away from Slickshot, ridiculous directive...

Also, good job waiting 2 days before announcing publicly that anyone associated with Gumbo must stay clear of Slickshot.

Edited by Shadz

Just ban everybody...

BRING OUT THE HAMMER!!!

Avengers-blooper-Thor-drops-hammer.gif

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

So as i understand it : 

> You can be found guilty by association with another player committing a rules violation.

> You may have a judgement imposed upon you without any notification of said judgement, and be expected to comply.

> Staff my engage in deformation of character / damage your online reputation.

(non of which is mentioned in the Rules or EULA)

> the logical conclusion of which is 

• trust no one (one person per village)
  • no friends
  • and don't talk to anyone privately

I hope the staff can understand why I will ( and others may ) leave wurm.

Edited by Neb
  • Like 1

Hehe, well handled Enki.

A little bit of twist to the soup.

PS: Im staying, if you wanna leave over this, you should stop breathing because rabbits.

Edited by Marlon

Hehe, well handled Enki.

A little bit of twist to the soup.

PS: Im staying, if you wanna leave over this, you should stop breathing because rabbits.

Is that sarcasm? lol

He informed me of the directive of anyone associated with gumbo has to stay away from Slickshot, but only members of slickshots 2 deeds must stay away from Gumbos deed.

He told 1 person about this, nobody in our alliance was informed by Enki until yesterday and to my knowledge Enki didn't even reach out to inform people, they went to him. Basically, if you're friends with Gumbo, stay away from Slickshot. Well handled indeed, ban a tonne of people going near someone because of the actions of 1 person. Totally idiotic.

Want a good reason to quit wurm? Mods can ban you because you're in an alliance with someone who didn't break a rule, but was annoying someone who mods seem to like a bit too much.

Or how about when you try and message the game master just a few minutes after he moves the account you're using, he's unavailable, and then after 2 days of waiting for a response to a forum pm, you still hear nothing from him. Great PR.

'the team' are the reason this game will fail. You have devs who don't listen to players, you have moderators that will screw you over for no apparent reason besides "you was afk in a mine, and i couldn't be bothered to pm you on the active account you were using". Oh, and then ofc, they'll outright lie about why they made such a ridiculous ruling.

• Like 2

Nothing ever changes in my little world that is one perk to the hermit lifestyle in the game. I see all the drama here on the forums and just go back to my peaceful little place i call home in the wurm world.

I do like drama when it does not involve me though.. so what started this feud anyway?  

• Like 1

I think you both need to relax, shake hands and move on. I really don't know the whole thing but its not exactly hard to put the pieces together. Apologize and move on please like grown ups, this community is to small to have these divides.

Edited by Niki

So After all this and the decisions of the HGM.

If some one start mining resources near me (ie in my villages local) i can get them sanctioned??????

Great News....

Edited by bigsteve
  • Like 1

If some one start mining resources near me (ie in my villages local) i can get them sanctioned??????

Great News....

basically, yes! and it has to be off-deed too

As a person who doesn't even play on freedom all i have to say is...

BO HO, POOR BABIES.

Clearly there is ulterior motives behind going across the whole map just to go mine right in the perimeter of the other player.

Mining for resources etc if you live nextdoor is all fine, but this is a person who travels across the map just to harass the other person due to a grudge.

That's malice and clearly breaks the "play nice" policy.

Toxic players on PVE servers who goes out of their way to ruin it for others should be punished apropietly.

The GMs saw what was happening and thus gave a warning to the involved parties to stop messing with eachother. It was handled well.

When players go out of their way to grief others it's the GMs job to stop it and they appear to have been successfull.

Now stop crying and get back to having FUN.

I dont know why but pve servers seem to have an incredible ammount of drama comparable to pvp servers.

Do you people like the attention? Is that why you make such a fuzz of all this?

Just relax and have fun, aight?

• Like 2

I have been made aware that should I travel within local range of a particular deed I will receive an account ban.

& under current rules : if I discuss the threat of a Ban i could receive an account ban.

The majority of the alliance this decision affects are placing items and accounts up for sale.

Most of us are now too scared or unwilling to play, whilst I feel obliged to seek legal advice.

I acknowledge that by raising this issue I risk loosing 300-500 euros of items on my accounts and 10 years of investment that i would dearly love to continue..... 

....however .....

I feel the wider community needs to be aware of the implications of "play nice" effecting entire alliances, through no action of the individual player.

Your OP here is too vague without enough details to make the Community aware of your claim, which then to me leaves many doubts as to its validity in the terms you have described. I see this more as you having issues with this decision and rather than work them out with the GM's who have the proper details, you attempt to turn the "Community" against their authority to make such a decision.

I have deliberately not mentioned names places or staff.

I can see everyone involved - without exception -  is doing what they feel is best for the game in the long run,

(Including those who play devils advocate by attempting to force a debate on the issue).

I simply feel the community needs to be aware that the actions of the few can impact the many.

Mmm, aren't you the one attempting to "force" a debate on this issue by making this post? Furthermore, this decision does not "impact the many" but rather those involved in it, such as yourself. It is an individual case judged upon the merits of that situation. I see no concerns for the Community arising from this situation but rather only for those involved within it.

Please take your discussion of PvE rules back to the relevant topic.

This topic was intended as nothing more than an announcement of something i feel the community needs to be aware.

I expect this topic to be deleted : Thus no one will be aware that :

You could have movement restrictions imposed upon you, in your absence, that could result in your account being banned. AND that said restrictions will not be communicated to you by those making said judgement.

I still maintain my view point that : "I can see (that) everyone involved - without exception - is doing what they feel is best for the game in the long run,"

More exaggeration and absurdity. If you really believe that someone will be banned for being unaware of "movement restrictions" being placed upon them without their knowledge, it seems that you must have either little faith in the judgment of the GM's involved in situations like this or that you just want to create further distrust in their judgment within the Community to suit your own dissatisfaction with this particular case. In all this I see little concern for the Community but rather just stirring up doubt about the GM's capability to make reasonable decisions based upon the circumstances involved, of which in this instance the Community reading these forums has incomplete knowledge.

So my topic got hijacked , what did i expect...

Lock plz.

This post you make after Enki makes a more detailed post concerning this situation. Yea, too much egg on face to wipe it all off now I think. Also, if others responding in ways you do not wish to read is "hijacking", then best not make a post like this which reveals what others perceive as to be your intent for making it and then comment from the opportunity that your have presented to them to do so.

So as i understand it : 

> You can be found guilty by association with another player committing a rules violation.

> You may have a judgement imposed upon you without any notification of said judgement, and be expected to comply.

> Staff my engage in deformation of character / damage your online reputation.

(non of which is mentioned in the Rules or EULA)

> the logical conclusion of which is 

• trust no one (one person per village)

no friends

and don't talk to anyone privately

I hope the staff can understand why I will ( and others may ) leave wurm.

I find your "understanding" of this situation to be severely lacking but more like an emotional reaction to the GM's decision which you don't want to accept. Your further "logical" conclusions are anything but logical, rather just more emotion resulting in pouting and encouraging the Community to withdraw from all contact from others if the decisions from GM's don't go their way. A pretty childish reaction really which does nothing to serve the Community in a positive way, which by the way you claim is the intent of your post.

Disputes of these sorts will always arise within our fond Wurm environmental social experiment and the GM's will resolve the more disputed ones such as this in a collective manner by consulting amongst themselves. It seems that some players are more attracted to them than others and if they eventually decide to leave the game attempting to blame it upon the GM's who have a valid and proven concern for the Community, then in most cases it is all for the better I would suppose. Yet not being involved in this circumstance I would not really know, other than from the implications of your post within. Not shedding any tears here though...

=Ayes=

• Like 4

I dont know why but pve servers seem to have an incredible ammount of drama comparable to pvp servers.

Well, if you'd stop trolling and get back to THINKING, you'd realize that it's because on PvP servers (which have no drama at all. . . nooo... not one bit) things can be handled through simple retaliation whereas on PvE, retaliating will put you in the position the original griefer should have been at in the first place, that is, facing "consequences".

• Like 1

From the perspective of someone who rarely ever plays, and only plays for short periods of time, I can sort of see where people are coming from.

I remember a couple of years ago I was in a PVE village with some other people, and the route from spawn to our town went straight past someone's one-man Kingdom deed.

Apparently this wasteland monarch got so upset with newbie members of our town passing through the area that he eventually threw everyone in our village on his kill on sight list.

Not that I would care a lot about the mad deeds of some hoarding hermit, but this then forced a lot of newbie players to have to trek through troll infested woods, and we regularly had to help them recover their corpses.

Not sure what the point of this is. I guess some people should just stick to singleplayer games if they don't want to interact with other players outside of a chatbox.

Edited by Scribble
  • Like 2

My advice is to sell up and leave. its  the only way things will change is if players stop taking the crap and just go. eventually 1 of 2 things will happen. the rules will be made abundantly clear with little or no room for interpretation or wurm dies.

Great News....

I'm now legitimately afraid to go outside of my deed to cut-down trees or mine, i could get banned. :(

Edited by yashua

As a person who doesn't even play on freedom all i have to say is...

BO HO, POOR BABIES.

Clearly there is ulterior motives behind going across the whole map just to go mine right in the perimeter of the other player.

Mining for resources etc if you live nextdoor is all fine, but this is a person who travels across the map just to harass the other person due to a grudge.

That's malice and clearly breaks the "play nice" policy.

Toxic players on PVE servers who goes out of their way to ruin it for others should be punished apropietly.

The GMs saw what was happening and thus gave a warning to the involved parties to stop messing with eachother. It was handled well.

When players go out of their way to grief others it's the GMs job to stop it and they appear to have been successfull.

Do you people like the attention? Is that why you make such a fuzz of all this?

Just relax and have fun, aight?

You know ... I make it a point to NOT make post anything in a thread that is obviously about PvP matters (since I don't play on a PvP server so PvP matters are none of my business), it's a shame that kind of respect can't go both ways.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1