Sign in to follow this  
mthoodyn

Scrap Epic, merge players to Wild-server

As topic suggests

Scrap Epic, delete everything epic-server-related once and for all.

As we all know, epic was an expiriment for challenge server. Why do we still clinge on to that?

Here is my suggestion, based on several years of knowledge and math. Epic has higher skillgain, yes we all know that. So merging all Epic players to wild-server wont be easy, many wild-server players will object. Until they read this.

Cut off 30% of the overall body-stats of all epic players

Cut off 40% of all skills of all epic players.

Let them take items with them that dont include uniques, or any other items.

Put them on wild server.

Case closed, more pvp, less servers, less hassle, less work for Rolf and dev-team. Everyone happier and that is what matters in the long run!

Make Wild what it once was, the one and only server, no magic stuff, no bs like that. Bring back wild to the fun-state! no magic, no buffs, no meditation buffs or any of that!

Absolutely not. -1

Scrap this suggestion. Merge with deleted suggestions.

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

As topic suggests

Scrap Epic, delete everything epic-server-related once and for all.

As we all know, epic was an expiriment for challenge server. Why do we still clinge on to that?

Here is my suggestion, based on several years of knowledge and math. Epic has higher skillgain, yes we all know that. So merging all Epic players to wild-server wont be easy, many wild-server players will object. Until they read this.

Cut off 30% of the overall body-stats of all epic players

Cut off 40% of all skills of all epic players.

Let them take items with them that dont include uniques, or any other items.

Put them on wild server.

Case closed, more pvp, less servers, less hassle, less work for Rolf and dev-team. Everyone happier and that is what matters in the long run!

Make Wild what it once was, the one and only server, no magic stuff, no bs like that. Bring back wild to the fun-state! no magic, no buffs, no meditation buffs or any of that!

eh

i dont think you realize the effort that went into a lot of our skills, a good set of them are actually much much harder to grind on epic than they are on freedom, others are easier albeit.

• Like 2

Absolutely not. -1

Ok, i respect your opinion. But please elaborate? just dont write "no -1". Why dont you think its a good idea? please elaborate

eh

i dont think you realize the effort that went into a lot of our skills, a good set of them are actually much much harder to grind on epic than they are on freedom, others are easier albeit.

Effort? hehe with the turbo-skillgain? effort you say? hehe. Ah well....

Ok, i respect your opinion. But please elaborate? just dont write "no -1". Why dont you think its a good idea? please elaborate

Alright, look at it this way. How would you feel if someone made a topic about "Scrap Chaos, merge players to Epic" and then suggested that you would lose everything not in your inventory, and then to add insult to injury, lose 30-40% of the skills you have?

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

oh plz

no im not making a full length post explaining why

• Like 1

Mthoodyn we arent gonna seed your server, we are content with what we got.

Alright, look at it this way. How would you feel if someone made a topic about "Scrap Chaos, merge players to Epic" and then suggested that you would lose everything not in your inventory, and then to add insult to injury, lose 30-40% of the skills you have?

I would say this: Wild was the first server created in this game, i played on wild i played when the game first started, did you?

Epic was and still is an experiment for the challenge server and you all know it. Meaning that players would loose skills is not an insult, its a fact. If you have higher skillgain and you would merge with a server that doesnt. Isnt it then obvious you would loose some skill? feel that!

I would say this: Wild was the first server created in this game, i played on wild i played when the game first started, did you?

Epic was and still is an experiment for the challenge server and you all know it. Meaning that players would loose skills is not an insult, its a fact. If you have higher skillgain and you would merge with a server that doesnt. Isnt it then obvious you would loose some skill? feel that!

Hey mthoodyn we dont give a about which server was first.

We got our server. We like it.

If you dislike your server then come join ours.

• Like 2

Wild was the first server created in this game

This is not true, however irrelevant it may be

• Like 1

Hey mthoodyn we dont give a shit about which server was first.

We got our server. We like it.

If you dislike your server then come join ours.

In my book, all the negative posts is a proof iam right. Else you wouldnt scream out so loud!

We got 1 server for each person screaming out the loudest, "pointing my fingers at you"! this makes the playerbase even thinner on every server.

As you all know, i doubt you dont as you where not there from the beginning as I was. We had 1 server with pvp and everything was fun, 170 and more players online daily. More fun and joy for everyone. Until new people came in, complaining about skillgain, this and that.Now we have like 8 servers? lol. Your ruining the game without realising it

If you have higher skillgain and you would merge with a server that doesnt.

you obviously dont understand the curve

Why not scrap Wild?

You would like that wouldnt you? master-theft.

This is not true, however irrelevant it may be

Hehe a Game-associate says its not true ? :D  what more can i say....

I dont know how long you played this game MrGary, but apparently not so long. 

1 server until people started to complain cause they someone got their cotton seeds stolen. Then suddenly We had 2 servers. 1 for pvp and for non pvp. But you could still freely travel between them to raid. People complain even more, then suddenly more servers...and the saga continues. People complain "it takes to long to gain skills"...bla bla bla

Hehe a Game-associate says its not true ? :D  what more can i say....

Well he is correct.

Also i think you are failing to grasp a rather fundamental thing here....

You want to fix something you consider broken by destroying something others think is working good.

Just purely logically speaking it would be a better idea to keep the thing that works and keeps people happy and destroy the thing that is broken.

However, I don't want wild to merge with epic, there is too many issues related to the matter and it was covered in a thread in towns square recently so i wont bother going into detail.

Since you got interest in this I suggest you read it: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/128037-could-chaos-and-epic-ever-merge-populations/

• Like 2

I have no vested interest.. so ofc a big +1 for the sake of stirring the pot

/popcorn..... wait, this was serious?

Edited by Nomadikhan

Go sleep,i think you are tired dude,so much hatred,Epic is fine tha way it is..if you dont like IT.... move to Freedom....... and play in chaos or you can go to freedom servers and play Sims and let Big mens play the fights.... THIS IS EPIC!.. THIS is a world that you dont no nothing john Snow?!

ATT: King Cybrax the Great one

Edited by cybrax
  • Like 4

Scrap wild, move the players over here and half all their skills especially meditation; Half that harder. This is a great idea because reasons.

• Like 4

I think you all fail to understand the true fact, Epic was created cause people complained and screamed they wanted Challenge. So Epic was created as an experiment for Challenge. Rolf didnt want to remove Epic cause a few people liked it. But in reality they dont like it cause no one likes servers that doesnt have a steady population like wild those. The only thing you like about Epic is the faster skillgain. Wich doesnt matter so much in the end, and that you all fail to realise.

Just get rid of the epic cluster once and for all. 

No and No and No Please NOt why just because you are not happy with your place I think not. Just deal with what you have or poof it and remake your place not that your place is any good anyhow. :P