Sign in to follow this  
starr

Spinning Uncontrollably

Not sure how to explain this... but I randomly begin spinning.  I can't stop it.  It happens in various scenarios.  Am I alone in this?

Thanks!

Starr

• Like 1

your camera view, right?  I get that from time to time, where it spins hyper fast, but it stops after a second or 2.

First thing that comes to my mind really, is a stuck key on keyboard. I get that with one of my keys sometimes.

(Ctrl, total drag, stopped me from many things till I figured it out)

I have this issue as well. Sometimes when releasing the keyboard key for turning right or left, the character will continue to spin after the key is released, and will not stop spinning until the appropriate turning key is pressed and released again. This has been tested on multiple computers with multiple keyboards.

Do you have a joystick or joypad plugged in? I've had this in a few games where the deadzones were ignored and it would just spin around until disconnected.

Sometimes a key can become stuck without physically being stuck. Usual culprits for me are alt, ctrl, and shift. Especially when I'm using hotkeys while trying to move. I usually resolve it by "spamming" those keys until they stop, or spamming the arrow keys until it stops. 

-I have no other peripheral devices attached. Standard keyboard, mouse, monitor.

-If a key becomes stuck without physically being stuck, that is a software problem.