Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

What new things have you noticed in the new unstable client?

Small tip - there are much more added things, but some of them are probably so intuitive that nobody will notice them before changelog will be posted. :D

One of those, but I do appreciate it ;)

QSgtJyx.jpg

Yes I am not a fan of this. Lets see I click stop or menu off this bar at the top of my screen.

XokH4Bc.png

It then pops up this menu of redundancy.

ncUe37H.png

Then I have to click Hud settings(which has no bind afaik) to get the actual menu that used to come up with only one click or press of o (default bind). The menu items are really too small.

The redundancy you speak of depends on your keybindings. I've rebound many of my F-keys, which means my menu bar at the top is entirely different than yours. 

I believe the goal of the new menu window was to make things clearer and easier for new players. I'll admit that I grumble every time I have to make an extra click (and it's just one more click...), but from the perspective of a new player, I think it's an improvement. An option in Settings to toggle would be great though.

As for other things discovered, GUI textures are not bound to world textures anymore. You can run a client on the worst settings and still be able to read the map! :)

Amount of items you can repair depends on your mind logic, so "repair all" wouldn't be possible - on the other hand, I will see if it is possible to do something to make damage of equipment more visible.

Would it be possible to do a color highlight over the item's slot that starts at 10 damage, and gets progressively darker? Maybe have it start at any damage (slight tint) and go from there. I don't have much of a problem with repairing as I've long since bound Repair to R, so I just pop up my character window and mouse over each slot, pressing "R" as I go.

Would it be possible to do a color highlight over the item's slot that starts at 10 damage, and gets progressively darker? Maybe have it start at any damage (slight tint) and go from there. I don't have much of a problem with repairing as I've long since bound Repair to R, so I just pop up my character window and mouse over each slot, pressing "R" as I go.

Color highlight is exackly what I think would be best. :)

The redundancy you speak of depends on your keybindings. I've rebound many of my F-keys, which means my menu bar at the top is entirely different than yours. 

I believe the goal of the new menu window was to make things clearer and easier for new players. I'll admit that I grumble every time I have to make an extra click (and it's just one more click...), but from the perspective of a new player, I think it's an improvement. An option in Settings to toggle would be great though.

As for other things discovered, GUI textures are not bound to world textures anymore. You can run a client on the worst settings and still be able to read the map! :)

Yeah, just because it's not redundant for you, doesn't mean it's not redundant for others.

Un equip all should be possible I think and would be great. We are probably reaching asking for a equip all as I just don't know how the game would know what to equip with old the save equips system that other games like rift use.

If you are changing armour types and drag and drop a whole set it will equip all 9 pieces of armour + weapon + shield so it would not really change much except make it a bit easier.

If you are changing armour types and drag and drop a whole set it will equip all 9 pieces of armour + weapon + shield so it would not really change much except make it a bit easier.

It's for unequipping completely to run faster. It's used in pvp all the time.

however most people got a keybind and just hover over an item while furiously smashing the button.

• Like 1

It's for unequipping completely to run faster. It's used in pvp all the time.

however most people got a keybind and just hover over an item while furiously smashing the button.

My post was aimed at Ohana. 

One of those, but I do appreciate it ;)

QSgtJyx.jpg

Sorry but I don't get it.

• Like 1

Sorry but I don't get it.

If you open a container that you have in your inventory (using the open keybind or right click menu) in a separate window, it used to be (it still is on the stable client) that there was no "xx items selected" tooltip. This is mostly useful for selecting 10 cordages to sac, or 8 garlics, etc.

(i asked for this fix in the quality of life thread)

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

If you open a container that you have in your inventory (using the open keybind or right click menu) in a separate window, it used to be (it still is on the stable client) that there was no "xx items selected" tooltip. This is mostly useful for selecting 10 cordages to sac, or 8 garlics, etc.

(i asked for this fix in the quality of life thread)

I see, thanks :D

Unstable does link to like server however all your skill tracker and tool belt settings are saved in playerdata.txt ...and unstable with test headers uses playertdata_test.txt

I suggest copying the normal over the test file to get your settings back.

any way to stop the test pak files so i can connect with out the download?

So far...

R7r8yA2l.png

And

i0gF6E9.png

Edited by bwg
  • Like 1

So far...

And

i0gF6E9.png

YES! bringing back 3rd person. I loved having that for the short time they had it over a year ago. Rotate with mount will be helpful. Of course i could be used to the way it is normally, so it might be worse :P

Edit: Rotate+3rd person gives me a bit of motion sickness XD

Edited by Nicrolis

Take a look at windows remembering their positions between sessions - no more need to align all these windows again. :)

Out of other changes, bandaged wounds sorting, Valrei fixes and one mysterious change related to mallets and hammers are also added.

• Like 1

Really liking the damage highlight for equipment items, but would it be possible to have the damage at a lower threshold, or have the threshold user-configurable? I usually repair my equipment when it has pretty much any damage at all, so having the threshold where it is now (1.00?) isn't necessarily best for everyone. If I could set it to something like 0.10 or 0.01, I could see a difference between stuff that has damage vs. stuff that has none.

Really liking the damage highlight for equipment items, but would it be possible to have the damage at a lower threshold, or have the threshold user-configurable? I usually repair my equipment when it has pretty much any damage at all, so having the threshold where it is now (1.00?) isn't necessarily best for everyone. If I could set it to something like 0.10 or 0.01, I could see a difference between stuff that has damage vs. stuff that has none.

Changed 1 dmg threshold to any damage above 0.