Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

What new things have you noticed in the new unstable client?

I just found the windows you set up remember where they were AND what size they were when they closed! Edit: This does not save on relog, but is still vastly better than having to reset every window if you walk away from the containers you are using!

What other things have you noticed with the client, the good and bad!?

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 5

[13:45:31] <Brqqq> woo new client also has the DROP_AS_PILE keybind and the feature to beep on PMs (have to enable it in the options, in the sound tab)

• Like 2

Names in title bar, carry weight limits hovering weight in paperdoll (though bugged for epic at least)

Main menu is pure crap now though :[  It's so small and requires more clicks to get everything you want

which windows? I see wagon and piles on the ground remember.

inventory groups, backpacks in inventory...all don't. seems of as the same backpack on the ground remembers location.

DROP_AS_PILE!  I wonder how many people will start using this as their default drop. The only time I'd want to use the old drop is when terraforming.

as far as Ive tested

which windows? I see wagon and piles on the ground remember.

inventory groups, backpacks in inventory...all don't. seems of as the same backpack on the ground remembers location.

Only tested bsbs, barrels and other piles on the ground. My forges were doing it as well.

Also, cappi you show off you ;-)

Edited by Nicrolis

Position remembering should work in case of reconnects as well, very useful for those with big packet loss. :) It works for all container windows outside of inventory until logout.

Containers positions remembering after logout as well... I will see if this would be possible, good idea IMO.

carry weight limits hovering weight in paperdoll (though bugged for epic at least)

Didn't noticed that Epic is following the same formula as Freedom instead of curve, will fix that soon. :)

Small tip - there are much more added things, but some of them are probably so intuitive that nobody will notice them before changelog will be posted. :D

• Like 4

Small tip - there are much more added things, but some of them are probably so intuitive that nobody will notice them before changelog will be posted. :D

Can't wait for the changelog!

• Like 1

Warlander we need an improving window kind of like the crafting one but for improving things and maybe to use for priests to cast spells from too.

I am expecting good things from you now that you are on the team   :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Position remembering should work in case of reconnects as well, very useful for those with big packet loss. :) It works for all container windows outside of inventory until logout.

Containers positions remembering after logout as well... I will see if this would be possible, good idea IMO.

Didn't noticed that Epic is following the same formula as Freedom instead of curve, will fix that soon. :)

quiting the client doesnt save positions, but i think you mean for ones with out client closing correct?

Reconnects aka getting connection loss while playing and then connecting again with the same window opened.

• Like 1

When you type something in the console and press enter, the text field will not lose its focus. This means you can keep typing without having to reclick on the text field or press your focus bind. This only applies to the console window.

There is a 'findbind' console command where you can do something like 'findbind DIG', and it will tell you all the keys that are bound to the dig action. This is just a shortcut from having to dump the binds and look for the keys yourself.

From BrQQQ in another thread

Here's hoping that when you disconnect and reconnect, containers you had open don't bug out, and instead re-open when you get logged back in. 

Main menu is pure crap now though :[  It's so small and requires more clicks to get everything you want

Yes I am not a fan of this. Lets see I click stop or menu off this bar at the top of my screen.

XokH4Bc.png

It then pops up this menu of redundancy.

ncUe37H.png

Then I have to click Hud settings(which has no bind afaik) to get the actual menu that used to come up with only one click or press of o (default bind). The menu items are really too small.

I have redone my top bar so don't have any of the default items on my top bar. So for me it is not redundant. But I will agree that we need a bind to bring up the hub menu(if there isn't one now) and that the menu text is to small.

I have redone my top bar so don't have any of the default items on my top bar. So for me it is not redundant.

That is great for you, me, and everyone else who has played for a while and has surely modified menus and binds on at least our main toons. Every new player who knows not of these things gets default settings.

Warlander, while you are working on the character screen, could you add the option to display all wounds without having to click each individual body part?

In other words this:

0415da6681.png

PVPers and hunters will love ya.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 9

The embark bug happens far less so I am happy about that :D

Warlander, while you are working on the character screen, could you add the option to display all wounds without having to click each individual body part?

In other words this:

0415da6681.png

PVPers and hunters will love ya.

Very good idea, I see no point in clicking body parts to show wounds as well - if everything goes well, all body parts will be toggled on by default soon.

• Like 5

Very good idea, I see no point in clicking body parts to show wounds as well - if everything goes well, all body parts will be toggled on by default soon.

Can we get a repair all button for the equipped armor and items that we have on the charater window? 

Edit: As always you can repair individual items if for some reason you do not want all your item repairs done at once. 

Edited by Kegan

Can we get a repair all button for the equipped armor and items that we have on the charater window?

Amount of items you can repair depends on your mind logic, so "repair all" wouldn't be possible - on the other hand, I will see if it is possible to do something to make damage of equipment more visible.

• Like 1