Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Change Venom

Turn the "lol rng instagib" venom into a Damage over Time venom instead.

Venom gets applied as a separate wound similar to frostbrand and grows in very small increments every 5 seconds. (by small i mean something like 0.1 to 0.3 dmg)

Applying farmer salve completely stops the wound from growing and reverse the effect so the wound heal itself every 5 seconds at twice the rate.

Edit: The dmg tick would not apply additional hurt statuses (just like any other wound getting worse), only the initial wound would.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

I think it may be too OP with small weapons in ganks, as you can get too many wounds if you focus targeting properly (one center, one lower left.... etc). I like the concept, but I doubt it's the right thing to implement.

Little bit more refining and you'll have my +1

• Like 2

I like the idea but not over time but rather over distance. 

If you start walking, the venom wound would increase, BUT not give you the hurt debuff. Stay still and you're good.

I think it may be too OP with small weapons in ganks, as you can get too many wounds if you focus targeting properly (one center, one lower left.... etc). I like the concept, but I doubt it's the right thing to implement.

Little bit more refining and you'll have my +1

Assuming its 0.1dmg per 5sec:

Burst damage wise its far less effective than a 30% dmg bonus wound and stamina regain reduction (iow RT) or decent dmg additional wound (FB)

To obtain similar dmg to a frostbrand wound it would have to be active for 2 and a half minute.

It would definetly not be usefull in a straight up melee fight.

However for stuff like mass focus fire with archery and also prolonged fights where the enemy (or their mounts) can't stop to heal (due to being chased) it would have great uses.

iow: Situational enchant, but usefull when used correctly.

Edited by Zekezor

I like the idea but not over time but rather over distance. 

If you start walking, the venom wound would increase, BUT not give you the hurt debuff. Stay still and you're good.

A single low ql hunting arrow would destroy enemy mounts that try to run, so i dont think that would work out well.

It would be a too powerfull gank/chase tool

sidenote:

I never said the hurt status would be reapplied every single time the wound gets worse. no wound in the game that gets worse does that atm and i see no reason to change that.

A long-term slowing debuff while having a venom-type wound by itself would be a rather powerfull enchant... But then any dmg bonus given from it would have to be nonexcistant or minimal.

Edited by Zekezor

yeah I like it, I was concerned about multiple small wounds but remembered by the time theres enough wounds to be effective you'd be dead anyway. Not sure about timer not being capped though.

yeah I like it, I was concerned about multiple small wounds but remembered by the time theres enough wounds to be effective you'd be dead anyway. Not sure about timer not being capped though.

A venom wound would become fatal after 83 minutes and 20 seconds... I doubt it needs a cap :D

I think it's a bit too op for every 5 seconds especially if you have 5 or so wounds all doing .5 to 1.8 dmg every 5 second

Edited by demondan

I think it's a bit too op for every 5 seconds especially if you have 5 or so wounds all doing .5 to 1.8 dmg every 5 second

Compare it to 15+ dmg straight up from FB or even more from RT.

Edited by Zekezor

Maybe remove poison wounds and just have the venom as a debuff that does the damage over time, this way it's not per wound getting increased damage. Idk I'm not really great with ideas lol

How long does it continue the damage is there a cutoff point?

I like the reverse heal part too. 

its an idea that if you do not insta heal it with farmersalve or spells it will get worse untill you treat it with farmersalve.

Pretty such stating that if you don't have farmersalve to cover all your wounds in a PVP eventually you will die.

its an idea that if you do not insta heal it with farmersalve or spells it will get worse untill you treat it with farmersalve.

Pretty such stating that if you don't have farmersalve to cover all your wounds in a PVP eventually you will die.

So........ Just like current venom but with a linear progression towards death instead of RNG instagib. (which can currently happend a few seconds after being hit)

lol.

Edited by Zekezor

umm actually you are incorrect. Normal venom wounds can heal naturally. Also keep in mind that this can be reflected by Aosp, which will pretty much make it a worthless enchant because no one will want to use it.

also i'd like to point out that current venom is not a

RNG instagib. (which can currently happend a few seconds after being hit)

and the death can only happen during a healing tick.

umm actually you are incorrect. Normal venom wounds can heal naturally. Also keep in mind that this can be reflected by Aosp, which will pretty much make it a worthless enchant because no one will want to use it.

O.o

I don't recall venom wounds healing (probably becouse I never let them remain)... but if you say so.

But I gotta say I find great amusement in the fact you have stated that the enchantment would be too powerfull/OP and also worthless. Is it OP or worthless?

You are contradicting yourself.

also i'd like to point out that current venom is not a

and the death can only happen during a healing tick.

I'm well aware of that it occurs during ticks.

But perhaps my knowledge regarding when those ticks occur is faulty.

I was under the impression that they occured once every few minutes regardless of when the wound was applied, perhaps I'm mistaken about that?

• Like 1

It would be a powerful spell if you have fo priests in your group

but if you don't it would be a harsh thing to fight with and against.

Its another one of wurms things where something becomes exponentially better because of things that are already in the game (domino/snowball effect)

it can heal on a healing tick or it can kill you although I think everyone has the same general opinion about this game's RNG (it sucks)

+1 to OP, it might actually make people think about something more than having overpowered damage reduction if they have to actually stop and heal instead of just hitting defensive and backing up behind a wall of allies

also before this could even be a thing. The increasing dmg needs to be a % of the original wound and not a flat amount.

so the people that have grinded their accounts to take more dmg then others shouldn't be penalized just because there is a new spell that eats % of your health and not what the dmg of the wound did.

Edited by TradingAlt

also before this could even be a thing. The increasing dmg needs to be a % of the original wound and not a flat amount.

so the people that have grinded their accounts to take more dmg then others shouldn't be penalized just because there is a new spell that eats % of your health and not what the dmg of the wound did.

LOL AND HERE IT IS DIDN'T TAKE LONG

"people with shield of the gone shouldn't be penalized countered" 

no -1, what would be worse is when someone gets hit with a venom huge axe and takes a ridiculous amount of damage every 5 seconds, Zeke's idea is better

so someone with 70 body shouldn't take less damage then someone with 40 body? is that what you are implying?

so someone with 70 body shouldn't take less damage then someone with 40 body? is that what you are implying?

Body has no effect on damage reduction, but Body strength does.

It's also technically not reduction, it's a bigger pool of health.