Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Developer Interview: Budda - Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online - Aug 11, 2015

We have invited Wurm Online's volunteer dev Budda to visit the labyrinth and try his hand at solving it. While we stalk him during his efforts, we get to know him and pick his brain about all things Wurm.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJ8Bnrqdlc

• Like 5

Hey!  I do watch now!  

Finally got over the sick feeling every time I thought about you guys!   (They know what I'm talking about).

I'm not sure if the maze was the best thing for me to watch  /swoon.

• Like 1

You know you want to come over and get lost in the labyrinth Alectrys! Come visit any time :)

• Like 1

That brings me up thinking again... could they have more then 1 single stage 'unfinished' model of certain things in this game?

I have been building a caravel... and for the first 1715 pieces, the under construction boat looks totally the same, from the first to the second last piece... :/

Would be nice to start only with the body, add the masts as they get added etc.  :)

That brings me up thinking again... could they have more then 1 single stage 'unfinished' model of certain things in this game?

I have been building a caravel... and for the first 1715 pieces, the under construction boat looks totally the same, from the first to the second last piece... :/

Would be nice to start only with the body, add the masts as they get added etc.  :)

That's a lot of extra models for all items for no functionality.

This was a fun episode but not a great deal of information like i was hoping to see. 

Maybe one day Rolf might come on and do an episode with you after all you have 400-500 views per video so that seems like a lot considering that's about half of the players that are on at any given time in the game.  

Edited by Kegan

The labyrinth is really taking shape, I can hardly wait to try it once it's done. 

Brian I'm so very thankful that you asked about sitting. In the past week alone a couple of people have mentioned to me (by chance) that they wish they could sit in the game so I know I'm not speaking out about this only for myself. 

And it's not just for roleplayers because then we could think that well "chairs are just for roleplayers", or any other decorations for that matter. They don't serve any practical purpose either.

As for putting things on top of tables, that would be a huge improvement to the game. Why even have forks, knives and spoons exist if we cannot lay tables. Technically, I think it could work so that in the case of a table for instance, there would continue to not be any collision with the player, however the table surface would have collision with any objects dropped onto it if a player were to walk into the circumference of the table top. Dropping an item would drop it on the table top instead of the floor if the game recognized there to be a surface under that spot. 

• Like 2

Show made me laugh a good amount this week.

Thanks guys :)

Malena, I could not agree more, sitting and putting things on tables would be superb. 

While wurm looks superb from the outside looking at buildings, when you go inside they leave a lot to be desired.

Far too sparse, would definitly like to see more decoration implemented.

• Like 1