Sign in to follow this  
GoldFever

WTB 3000 Low Quality Logs for 12s--Applications Closed

Time has come to push coal making a bit higher and I need low ql logs of less than 10 ql to do so.  Nothing higher will be accepted.

In thinking about a fair rate, it takes a lot of effort to make logs, particularly low ql ones.  Therefore I'm paying 3s FOUR SILVERS per 1000 as I feel this is a fair rate that takes into account the differences between making and collecting low ql logs and just standing in one spot mining to make bricks as well as the value of the sprouts.  As I encourage proper conservation, I will only buy from those who state they replant the trees they cut.  NOTE: I DO NOT REQUIRE THEY BE REPLANTED AT THE SAME LOCATION. So total actions to get one tree down is something like this:

1. Look at many trees to find a sprout;

2. Pick sprout;

3. Cut a tree down;

4. Cut it up into logs;

5. Replant the tree;

6. Run around with a cart/wagon and pick up tons of small piles.

If you deliver, I'll add an additional 1s per 1000 delivered (so 3000 delivered would be 12s FIFTEEN SILVER total).  However, as I travel often and widely, chances are we can make arrangements for me to pick up in a reasonable time frame of a week or two provided you have at least 1000.

If I'm picking up, you have a choice, you can take the silver or you can take the coal/ash/tar from the coal piles instead, created at your location.  You will probably get somewhere around 250 coal, ash and tar of very low ql.  However, as a bonus, I'll kick in 5 piles of at least 60ql which should get you around another 200 of each of decent ql.  In total, I figure it is about a 4s value.  Also, it is my general practice to offer to cut/chop a few trees down for your personal use that will net you several 90+ logs for sure.

Delivery location is Port Onody on Indy, close to FM at M18 on the in-game map.

Edited by GoldFever
  • Like 2

I can already feel the lag these piles are gonna cause, just from this post.

:D

I may have 4 or 5k logs under to 10ql crated up stored away in one of my buildings. Ill have to check next time im online.

• Like 3

So that would be a no.  Sorry then. 

Stating that you replanted is a requirement of sale and the work involved in that is taken into account in the price. 

Of course you still could replant, never too late to develop sound ecological practises :) .

• Like 2

Planted tons of trees for decorations other than that I just rescue logs at 80 90 dmg and collect them

• Like 3

The rate is designed to cover replanting somewhere.  However, in thinking about it, the value of the sprouts themselves also needs to be taken into account and I haven't done so.  Therefore, raising the rate to 4 silver per 1000, or 5 delivered.

Tree planters unite! 

(If your particular circumstances make it not practical or reasonable to replant, PM me with an offer that excludes the value and time of picking sprouts and replanting trees and explain why you can't replant somewhere.)

Edited by Bloodscythe
Moderation Edit

Cheers,

I was wondering if you have agreed to a trade yet? Otherwise I could start working immediately on amounting logs.

I can get you at least 1,000 logs but more is possible. Though this seems like a great opportunity for newer players, so I don't want to fill the order completely. And alas, it takes time to do, too :).

As always, I'm picking sprouts, and replanting every single tree.

I can either deliver, as I plan on travelling to near FM soon, or you can pick it up at Ussta Delmah on the Flamgra'in Island in the far northeast once available. Although your rate of 1s/1000 delivered is very generous, I would feel bad asking that much for a trip I mostly would've made sooner or later anyway.

My best regards,

~Ulvi

Cheers,

I was wondering if you have agreed to a trade yet? Otherwise I could start working immediately on amounting logs.

I can get you at least 1,000 logs but more is possible. Though this seems like a great opportunity for newer players, so I don't want to fill the order completely. And alas, it takes time to do, too :).

As always, I'm picking sprouts, and replanting every single tree.

I can either deliver, as I plan on travelling to near FM soon, or you can pick it up at Ussta Delmah on the Flamgra'in Island in the far northeast once available. Although your rate of 1s/1000 delivered is very generous, I would feel bad asking that much for a trip I mostly would've made sooner or later anyway.

My best regards,

~Ulvi

I'll put you down for 1000 logs then.  Take as long as you need, a month is fine.  It does take time.  No rush, the skills aren't going anywhere :).  I travel around so no doubt we will work something out.

Just don't forget, they must be less than 10ql.

Edited by GoldFever
  • Like 1

My wood cuttingis only 9.17 I have yet to grind the skill. But I do like the idea on sprouting and replacing one I cut down. I normally juat pick them up wheb the hwy crews leave them piled up to rot away. But yes I just checked I do have 1k under 10ql put away in storage. You could have then if you pick them up Gold. I live near Summerholt. We have beeb workibg on sunnerholt starting city area much like glassyhollow so we do have alot of new players cutting trees and we plant thing in rows now for decoration purposes. They may have some for sale as well if u want me to talk to them.

• Like 3

Thread cleaned.  A reminder to please keep market place threads in WTB to the transactions only.

• Like 1

Sure, talk to them.  I made one of the very first roads (more like a path I suppose) out of Summerholt and maintain a deed in the area that I visit from time to time.  Easy for me to pick up at Summerholt, though I will not accept my deed there as a delivery point.  Pity you didn't clarify a bit earlier as I was just in the area a few hours ago, but back on Indy now.  I do get around so no doubt can work something out.

All those apple trees gone now?  Generally speaking, replanting apple doesn't count as it is considered a nuisance tree, like all fruit trees.  I have no idea how many apples I chopped around Summerholt, but went from about 80 to 90 woodcutting on them.  Very gratifying to see proper trees in those areas now.

I didn't keep most of the logs I cut for skill replacing remote forests. I can make another session very soon though, likely starting tomorrow. Can deliver to Port Onody. If you're willing to, put me down for 500ish.

I always replant. Or almost always: where I cut down a patch of birches that invaded steppe space, I replanted steppe back. But usually tree for tree or bush. This next planned session, I replace some of a birch forest on Indy with cedar/pine/marple.

Yes we got all the apple trees dowb and have cedar planted now

• Like 3

I didn't keep most of the logs I cut for skill replacing remote forests. I can make another session very soon though, likely starting tomorrow. Can deliver to Port Onody. If you're willing to, put me down for 500ish.

I always replant. Or almost always: where I cut down a patch of birches that invaded steppe space, I replanted steppe back. But usually tree for tree or bush. This next planned session, I replace some of a birch forest on Indy with cedar/pine/marple.

Yes, now we rolling, keep them coming :)

You could put me down for 1000 it will take me a few days to get them to you thou if this is okay with you.  

Sure, why not.  Going to lock it down now though.  Think I let it creep up to about 5000, will take it up again later when these are gone.

Tree planters unite!

A very admirable stance you have taken here to encourage the replanting of our wonderful Wurm forests and even expanding them. Trees are one of the creations that most enhance these lands with their towering heights and varieties. They hug back when you hug them too!

*tips hat*

=Ayes=

Is anyone still working on this?  Wouldn't want you to miss out.  I'll open it up to new orders in a couple of days if I don't hear anything.

Currently going nuts finishing a Corbita, After that I intend to grind like hell making large crates. Once those are both done, I can go forestry-nuts (of course cutting sprouts before chopping, and trying to plant for each, though we all know not every tree has a sprout) and get a ton of logs. As for the quality, I already thought of a way to make sure they were lowQL, so that's not really an issue. Once all of the above is said and done, I'd be able to transport a good amount in one go no problem, though probably not for a few days at least.

TL:DR, once I can transport, I'll gladly get some ready to go if you're still buying them.

Edited by Rhondeau

Going to give it another day to see if anyone is still working on some logs from before before I open it up again. 

Thanks for replying.

How can I proove that I replanted all those trees ?

It's like this.  Once I asked the bank why they never bothered to ask me to sign the back of the checks I was depositing.  Guess what, they then asked.  Or at the border, I finally got fed up and asked why they always gave me an inspection, answer was I talked too much...

So, for you, I require screenshots and audited accounts by a registered forester (as registered in the Wurm registry).  :)

Fortunately, I am a registered forester so I can handle the paperwork for a nominal fee when I come to pick up logs.  This of course assumes that you correctly filled out form 89F (as opposed to the more general form 89) as part of your initial application into the job process.  As part of this application, you will of course be required to be bonded as well as to show that all appropriate insurance (both specific and general liability with myself as one of the named beneficiaries) is in place.  All workers must be covered by Worker's Compensation and life insurance must be held to cover the event of death to ensure a proper burial of the corpse. It is also required that the appropriate inspections by the required government agencies take place to ensure no exploitation of new migrants is taking place.  This must also be audited to ensure no inappropriate payments were made to the inspector.

Finally, it is essential that any application on your part completely and correctly fill out all 839 pages and is submitted with 12 hardcopies in bound form as well as in electronic format.

Does that answer your question?

Good luck!

P.S. Or you can just state you did it and I'll believe you.

• Like 1

Ok - I'm siging for that job.

My secretary will complett all nesesary papers (she must workout her salary) if you will request them. :)

Environmental Inspector can confirm that all trees was replanted and ecosystem didn't suffer any damage (exept those raging Trols silenced in selfdefence). Screenshots with replanted forests can be provided if requested...