Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

17-18 Oct Impalong: Kalambaka

First of all: I've enjoyed a lot this weekend - it has it's toll, working today is a bit hard after hmmm... a lack of sleep :) Forgive me if my post here a bit confused, my brain is on backup batteries now :P

I want to say thanks to the small alliance we have here - we could not make this without the great work and support you were putting into it.
Some of these were invisible some you might see during the weekend;  Sageruby, Talarias, Lumi and Ivanson were adding a lot to it with work, resources and soul, sometimes beyond sanity :)
I want to thank you all who donated resources, it made the thing much easier for us and thank you all who came to imp and/or preimp, I hope you got decent skills and had a good time seeing the fruits of your hard work..
Thanks to you all who brought items to work on you are very important on these events :D
Thanks for the priests and alts to listen to all the sermons, I've seen many 0.8 faith gains and even a 0.9 one -maybe that was the record this weekend?

Thanks to my family, thanks to my dogs and the message is:  world peace!
...errr derailed somewhere?

Last but not least important: I'm aware there were a few items which could not be picked out from the forges by the owners, if it happens please contact me or Annyil in a forum PM or ingame and we'll help.
Items will be of course left at their original location for several days for the ones who like to pick them up late
For those who might be still be around: stay as long you wish, the event area is not booked to any event in the coming days...

I hope you enjoyed your stay!

• Like 6

I`m a just a child in the land of wurm and this was my first impalong, but it was beyond my wildest expectations. I came for the imping of my tools but found much more than that and more valuable.

I found guidance, friendship, fun, knowledge, skill gains, in other words, a collective effort at its best. I had a wonderful time with wonderful people and can`t wait for the next edition

Thank you all

PS: this impalong became an inspiration for me to work hard on my skills so I could be a part of the next one as an imper

• Like 4

Many thanks to all of you to visit our little impalong! I hope you enjoyed your time here and could bring many useful items home with you.

Thanks to the imping heroes who worked for long hours until total exhaustion, hope you got more skilled
Thanks to the priests enchanting everything put in front of them by cligning together and giving the best of thir knowledge.
I'm grateful for the lot of help we received in form of materials, cooking and Whippy for the load of cordage ropes.

Special thanks to my neighbour, Sageruby for holding the fort when I closed my eyes just for a blink which lasted an hour. -_-

And last but not least: World Peace Jaz said he had :lol:

My apologies that the boring work was disturbed by a lone wolf only but it is how it is going on the south down here. :P

I hope there will be another impalong at some time at Kalambaka but we need to recover from this first.

Finally a little sample to those who were not around:

Kalambaka Impalong House

2IvjzJj.jpg

Work in progress

a8YczRS.jpg

The way to have a shower

xSi8inq.jpg

Working in dark

DX28a2F.jpg

and in the down fog

yXxIiZo.jpg

Special guest: Fluffy the bear

ceM5dYN.jpg

Priests in heightened mood

XKqNVUX.jpg

Thanks for this picture Ftoz

Edited by Annyil
  • Like 2

I`m a just a child in the land of wurm and this was my first impalong, but it was beyond my wildest expectations. I came for the imping of my tools but found much more than that and more valuable.

I found guidance, friendship, fun, knowledge, skill gains, in other words, a collective effort at its best. I had a wonderful time with wonderful people and can`t wait for the next edition

Thank you all

PS: this impalong became an inspiration for me to work hard on my skills so I could be a part of the next one as an imper

So glad you had a such a great experience.  Thinking on this, an imping type area that new players could spawn at when they join game for a few days could really help further the tutorial of the game.

Finally home after impalong. :D last night I got back.

One thing has amazed me at this event and I will say it: simple effective organization. Despite all odds with new perms system, busy time and many players, Anny and Jaz have found simple and effective solutions for every little thing needed in the crazyness that happens at times. It worked. Tip hat.

Granted, they were there to watch it works every step of the way. First day I know I crashed after an all nighter and some next day. And, I don't know how, these two were still there, all or almost all through my awake time, and waking up time just the same. I don't get it... They never sleep.

Thank you all for the opportunity and fun and forges. Full forges. People taking out their items and the forges were still full. Somehow... gremlins.

A very special thank you to Shodakai who showed me (one day and some past ending? lol) that those gremlin-full forges *can* be done! Very close to done anyway. :D And all the tireless players around, can't name you all, whose time and work made the event.

• Like 1

Thank you for hosting this event :) Never thought impalongs are so fun! 'Tis the first one I've attended~

Korsarul, Pocatella: the main goal to do these events is what you experienced - I'm glad, it says to me that this weekend was successfully achieving its goal. My first impalong in my Wurm life had a big impact on me, I already knew then that we will want to hand the feeling over later at some point.

Anarres: we have cheated - slept in shifts (okay was about a few hours per day total per person :P ). The toons were online all the time to support the sermons though...

I'm happy to see that almost all items have benn claimed from the forges and other containers, Annyil tried to contact yesterday the owners of the remaining few (at least where the names were real and full ones).

Already almost fully done with cleaning up the leftoever mats and such from the forges - and checked around the area if any repair on terraforming, woods etc is needed; to my surprise everything was in total order, it seems nobody got too bored during the weekend :P

New permission system worked quite fine - and allowed us some more flexibility (like the BSBs with the imping mats, the per door based lodging of the impers, etc. We had more cumbersome workarounds only in our  minds before  the changes. A few items were strangely stuck for a while even leaving me unable to pick them up - but all recovered finally.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

That's too bad, I'd have put "UFOS LAND HERE" in packed dirt or something...have to remember it for next time ;)

• Like 2