Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

17-18 Oct Impalong: Kalambaka

So... roughly 60 days and let's say I play 10 hours per day... Are you saying 600 hours is not enough to grind WC 40-70 or are you just playing confuse the newbie?

Pulling your leg mate. lol  Honestly with sleep bonus and a skiller hatchet, you should be able to grind 40-70 in woodcutting in a total of 80ish hours.  That's an estimate and not an exactimation, so I could be way off.  Remember that would be 80 hours of nonstop sleep bonus and nonstop woodcutting.

missed the one a few weeks back, excited to see if a can make this one.  not sure if I would have time to imp much but at least want to head down and check it out.  as far as multiple smaller impalongs i think it makes sense given the amount of land in Wurm these days.  when there was only Indy or Indy and Deli then one large impalong made sense, these days region matters (with the exception of silly universal mail).

Yay, an impalong near-ish me :D

Thanks for considering it Jaz. But will 2 months be enough for preparations/materials/signups/word-of-mouth? Anyhow, will try to help... probably more by doing on place little of everything... 61 wc, 76 carp, 45 fc, probably similar bs. If I end up like the last impalong at the forge maybe more bs next time lol.

Speaking of contests. Here's an idea I've seen, a very fun little one: needle game. Basically, organizers make some dozen+ needles and drop them in a fenced grass area. Couple of needles being different, named in a special way, and they're some 'big' prize winners, the rest some small-ish prize each or for who gets more than 3 'common' needles.

The game was fun, it doesn't last long (throw participants in the fenced area and give them like 10 minutes). And its big advantage is anyone can participate on equal footing, no skill seems to help lol. Just a thought xD

Hopefully the materials will be ready - what we will need participants who are willing to imp :)

What we might miss on is saccables or the priests - knowing the vast amounts they can feed their beloved gods with :P

I don't see any issue on the iron, gold, silver, logs, steel - of course would be lovely to see donations as that would save a 'bit" of work for us.

The impalong building and a hotel next to it is already mostly ready, a few days work will finish those.

I'll gather of course a list of materials at levels being supposedly fit for the weekend.

The needle game is a fun idea, don't really thinking in any large format contests but such as it seems really fun - and we also have a chessboard here...

Edited by Jaz

I am really looking forward to this. The whole Kalambaka crew have been my go-to for most of my wurm needs almost since i started. I have been training hard - i hope i can contribute by the time this event rolls around =)

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this topic would fare better in the Xanadu forum.

• Like 1

Fantastic!

I'll be there for sure to provide cotton tailoring and leather working. Looking forward to it; I love your deed

Happy to contribute too. Maybe post a list of needed supplies Jaz?

Will also bring a priest to leach off the souls of the crafters hard at work ;)

i will be there to help imp :)

i can do leatherworking, cloth tailoring, blacksmithing, carp, and masonry

Thanks a lot for the early signups, I'll collect the mats already ready and needed and put together a list of volunteers as well soon.

And again, maybe we should call it a meet-a-long as the main goal is not to ruin any possible business for anyone but have a little time together in the coming cold season, almost in the middle of the autumn... sorry that will not fit your perception, southern hemisphere ones :D

• Like 1

So I'm interested in having some tools on-deed imp'd.  About the only thing I can contribute is meals to keep nutrition over 60%, 35QL mining, and 45QL farming.  How best can I give back to y'all for the service?

Won't be able to make it! I have my Australian finals (HSC Exams).... NooOoOOoOO

BlueSteel, you are very welcome and no one demands any giveback on impalongs.

• Like 1

Heh, for some reason i thought this was happening next week and was about to rush grind my skills up...glad i have over a month to prepare :P

I may even reach 90 faith on this one :D Will definetly try to be there and help with my 85carp, 75fine carp, 72 woodcutting, 50 blacksmithing and 50 shipbuilding on my main and with my vyn priest :)

Thanks a lot :D I'll wrap up the info already at hand soon and post it in a more organized way, including mats that could help us out ( I think mainly for tailoring, leatherworking and priest saccables).

Bluesteel, one thing to keep in mind is that whatever your skill level is, if you can bring items part way up, that saves the time of the heavy hitters for going the top end. Many items come in near creation quality so almost any skill you have can contribute in some way :)

Also, do I recall you said you have woodcutting 45? Some lower quality logs will be useful for the low end imping so as not to use up the harder to get ones when not needed.

You can also help keep forges fueled, water jugs full, etc. Or just hang out and have fun while being sermon fodder :)

I will try to be there... can almost do carpentry to 70... maybe I can make it by then. Can do smithing up to near 50... FC to about 50 too.

By the way, someone recently told me that 1kg of tar fuels a forge for as long as 20kg of wood... if that's true, loads of tar would be wonderful since they don't take up much room in a BSB

Edited by Kyleshandra

Kylashandra is correct. I am just gonna reference Roarkindrake and I's reecent impalong we hosted.

If you were there imping (just gonna take the time to say thanks again :P) you know how many items we had in the black smithing forges and how many items went home with ppl at below 70ql. It was saddening since the entire idea of the impalong was the help ppl with tools.

But non the less, Jaz. Thank you for hosting this for the other region of the server and remember I am litterally a 2 minute walk from Kalambaka and a Pm away from your front door. I've sone this before and I know how hectic it can be. Please let me know if you need help with anything. Even planning out the events and or games. And or providing prizes for thoes.

I will see everyone there :D

Delighted you are hosting this event, Jaz - please let me know if there is anything i can help with - have lots of wood 50+ql, wool (various qls), cotton (some 96ql), lots of hides (various qls), some iron (70ql+) and other ores, if required.

Skills on offer atm include: carpentry 86, fine carp 74, cloth tailoring 53, natural substances 64, jewelry smithing 65 and blacksmithing 70

Looking forward to this SW / Southern Xana community event, as missed the last one - as too far to travel.

My alt, Bagheera is a nahjo priest (92 faith, 54 channelling) and would be happy to link up with other nahjo priests to do casts, if required.  Would also be happy to run sermons.

Edited by Baloo

I believe some of us from The Black Forrest Nemeton Alliance will be there to support a good thing for us that live in the area. :D

very good to hear - and my apologies, I was due to update the original post today, RL had some words against it but will catch up real soon :)