Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Priest stuff - more input welcome

Where is the Wurm favour calculator bigsteve?

Looks good, but can't use it as Linux / Ubuntu on my pc...

on a vyn priest i also get double favor on torches, but get price is halved so it ends up

being same as cordage with more work, although the rng seems to be slightly better

comparing from 80+ ropemaking on priest to 60+ firemaking on main. i do torches

occasionally mainly because i hate farming.

and im not crazy to even try making yoyos

with all the process involved. (useless in my book)

• Like 1

cordage rng?

There is a common mechanic that happens for many skills (I'd argue them all and it's the same). I can best explain it as a normal distribution (the RNG part) that moves around based heavily on creation difficulty. And we know that creation difficulty is explained by skill, tools quality and maybe a few other things. As you get more skill or use better quality tools the distribution moves more to the right and we see higher quality output product on average.  For creation items the quality range is capped between 0<x<=100. Also, the base resources we create from acts as a output quality cap. Its very common for high skill folks to see consistent high ql output for 99% creation chance items when using medium to medium high ql base resources.

If you look at the creation chance for cordage its actually a very hard item to make. In my priest's case for 91 rope skill and ~85ql rope tool is 88% chance.

Here is an example of a output quality spread for 49 cordage ( its what was made from a bundle of 64 fibre):

avg. ql is 42.74

0<x<=10.....13%

10<x<=20...4%

20<x<=30...10%

30<x<=40...19%

40<x<=50...17%

50<x<=60...13%

60<x<=70...13%

70<x<=80...8%

80<x<=90...0%

90<x<=95...0%

95<x<=100..4%

(There appears to be a normal distribution, I'm not going to test it.)

Cordage is hard to make so rope making folks can train the skill effectively all the way to 100 skill with creation. You get best skill if you can do or make something challenging. Getting rid of the RNG or lessen its influence will require either making cordage creation easier to make or altering the fundamental game mechanics used in creation.

I'm not a fan of making cordage easier because rope making is one of the few skills in the game that is actually designed in a way that you can train it without employing stupid measures. For example, with metallurgy, you need to craft with 1ql materials and make lots of not so useful product to gain skill.

Changing the fundamental creation mechanics sounds like opening a can of worms to me.

I do agree sacrificing items need to be balanced. I favor changing get price and double favor items. For example, why not give Vynora kindling and drastically buff the getprice. Vynora can cut wood and make kindling with the same skill.

• Like 2

I have many priests ranging from all types of channeling and SD.  I have 4 guys 80 to 89 channeling. with 3 more at lower channeling.

The RNG is so huge I cant even tell if channeling even effects cast power size at all or if its just SD that matters for cast power.  I can confirm at 88 channeling shatters are alot less compared with lower channeling (which everyone knew anyways).

I will also say they seem to have changed casting dramatically a few months ago.

Now I notice, that casts don't stick at various levels very often compared to before, therefore the dispel cast method has less use now.

Additionally casts seem to incrementally increase, especially on higher difficulty spells.  Rarely do I see 0 to 90 casts on high difficulty spells now with a single cast, although it does still happen rarely.

Getting 90+ power casts with 89 channeling is extremely more difficult than it used to be.

Switching to Nahjo to increase channeling then switching back is best way to grind channel.  Cost to 95 channel on Nahjo compared to Vyn,Fo,Mag isnt even close, maybe 1/1000 of cost?

From my experiance of having a vyn priest for several years these are my observations.

1: Soul Depth helps with Enchant possible power. EG at 30 SD I was averaging 30-40 power CoC/WoA enchants. At 40SD I was averaging between 45-55 power

2: Soul strength Helps with attack spell damage.  With Ice shard I was doing 5ish damage at 20 and around 10-15 at 35

3: Channeling Helps with the difficulty of the spell.  From observation it seems that the higher your channeling compared to the spell cast difficulty (which can be seen by listing spells at an altar)  The less likely you are to fail the spell. Channeling seems to have very little to no effect on the end power and seems to be based almost directly on SD. MAYBE how much higher over the needed cast difficulty helps with the end result.

4: Statue material and ql DOES seem to help with enchanting.  40ish ql silver statue was netting me average casts. When I changed to a Gold statue at 60ish ql I was getting between 3-5 higher average power casts at the same SD. This went up to 5-7 higher when I was using a rare 60ish ql gold statue.

5: The number of spells on an items seems to add to the difficulty to cast on an item. so try for your most wanted spell first followed up by the other ones wanted.

6: you can now after the casting changes a while back shatter any ql item. It's all down to RNG. if you roll a 1 on a D100 on a rare 90 ql item.. you WILL rage.

Side note saccing animals at an altar gives you some favor.  For a calf you can get 5-10 favor same with a foal. So if your breeding and casting as you go you can use those to help with favor regen rate when you get a bad set of traits. (as favor regen slows down the higher your favor gets.eg: you regen up to 10-20 fairly fast but it can take a while to get from 50-60 favor)

Well hope this helps a bit

Edited by Kerwal

not Sure if its been covered.

Favour gain is affected by the armour you wear.

Also certain actions also reduce gain too. Only one that i have come across is Praying.