Sign in to follow this  
adonies

Cruding Xanadu

That's a decent skill gain though, not sure you'd want to pass that up?

Repair skill rises just fine playing the game, not necessary at all to grind it.

And if someone (for whatever reason) just really loves to grind a marginal skill like repair he can just damage items (for example wooden tools or cloth items in a fire) instead of repairing stuff that should rightfully decay away.

• Like 1

I have found that tar is an excellent sealant and so my rowboat is progressing nicely!

• Like 1

Slyther has finally managed to build himself a home. Opting for needed over wanted, he has build a single tile shack with a tiny fenced area to keep his horse safe. His riding attempts so far have been spectacularly unsuccessful but fortunately, only witnessed by he and the horse. Practice makes perfect so he will get there eventually. Next project, a cart to move stuff in. One of his fellow crudes was good enough to supply him with a pelt! My apologies for not remembering your name, please don't take that for lack of gratitude, but rather, lack of sleep! What a wonderful help that is... tools are now up to about 10ql and will be able to climb with his mining skill. As soon as he finishes a cart, mining will commence as he will be able to haul more.

Carpentry skill has climbed to enable the creation of his first storage crate! Next on the list for storage, bins and barrels.

At that point, an extended mining run will be worthwhile since storage of lumps will be possible without decay.

Digging skill has also gotten high enough to make shaping the hillside easier. A decent ramp is nearly completed up from the shoreline which while handy now, will certainly ease the way for his upcoming cart.

Looking back up the posts, I believe it may have been Conquestor who was good enough to supply the pelt! Thank you, thank you!

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 2

Yup.  NP.  The guards at the tower were kind enough to help me suppress the attack of the wild beast (mountain lion I later learned, hard to tell what's attacking when you're running for your life and screaming madly) and luck was with me when i butchered it and got that magnificent 7ql pelt.

I evened out the path over to the mine and will finish up the ramp up to your level soon.

• Like 2

Great series, keep it going. Waiting for tale of first troll fight.

• Like 1

Got most of the paving done and a bit of farming.  Gotta eat y'know.  Slyther, your crops need tending and harvesting!

• Like 1

And if someone (for whatever reason) just really loves to grind a marginal skill like repair he can just damage items (for example wooden tools or cloth items in a fire) instead of repairing stuff that should rightfully decay away.

Wiki says "If the item can be repaired, it will lose QL but show no damage." This is the case in my experience. One way to damage items is to launch them from a catapult. Off topic again sorry.

• Like 1

I am there daily, scraping a meager living from the rocks as a non-prem.  There are signs that Slyther is poping on occasionally but no sign of anyone else.   I estimate that I will only be around another week or two and will take my troplys to a nearby deed I know.  Endings can be a bit of a downer but there are plenty of new horizons just over the next hill.

• Like 1

I am there daily, scraping a meager living from the rocks as a non-prem.  There are signs that Slyther is poping on occasionally but no sign of anyone else.   I estimate that I will only be around another week or two and will take my troplys to a nearby deed I know.  Endings can be a bit of a downer but there are plenty of new horizons just over the next hill.

Maybe some new people will come join. Is it encouraged for random strangers to come out there as long as they understand the rules? (New Character, Throw Away All Starting Gear, Be Willing To Ride Cows)

• Like 1

Maybe some new people will come join. Is it encouraged for random strangers to come out there as long as they understand the rules? (New Character, Throw Away All Starting Gear, Be Willing To Ride Cows)

Slyther has indeed been slowly grinding away at improving things. I need to expand my crops a bit... merely doubling my seed makes for a meager food supply with only a few tiles. I finally have crafted a cart to hook my horse to... will need to make a rope for him and then will head to the mine for more ore. I believe next I will tackle flattening a bit more land. I may have to do it with small terraces due to low dig skills but that works.

Once I have more metal to work with I can improve my tool assortment. Also, having the cart will enable much more efficient gathering of lumber to build with.

I am considering making a small deed there unless that violates the spirit of the journey... repairs take a great deal of time and resources that can be put to other use. I would also like to tackle continuing on the tower unless it has been completed since my last visit.

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

Comeback

Raemus had been away for 25 days, but came back yesterday with high hopes of more cruding towards the set goals.

She found the (Latio) shack almost decayed away, with only two walls still standing (at 80-90 damage); luckily the containers and items inside were ok, only needed repairs.

All her fields had become grass; but she could not replant as she couldn't find keys for the FSB-BSB where she had stored her resources.

She added 28 stone bricks to the guard tower (Masonry: 9).

In the animal pens she found a pair of horses and a foal - plus one of her cows still alive! She repaired the fence so that the animals don't get lost (Carpentry: 15).

She tended all crops she found (Slyther's pumpkins are ready for harvesting) and groomed all  animals (Animal Husbandry: 3).

She would have played more, but as she couldn't access her resources and she didn't feel like foraging again for hours...

2 hours of gameplay: /uptime -> You have played 2 days, 18 hours and 47 minutes.

Welcome back!  I don't know where the key to the BSB is  but I have the one for the FSB.  Didn't think the condition of the shack left is a safe place for the key.  Sorry I couldn't keep up with it all.

I have replanted some crops for you and will return the key to the FSB to it's resting place when it is fully restored (or to you if I see you first).  I found some planks and used them to repair the two walls to 50 damage and had a couple of nails so i started the door and other missing wall.  You'll need around 32 planks and a new lock.  Whoever has the writ will need to attach the lock.

• Like 1