Sign in to follow this  
Hauler

At last my deed is done T_T

After 2,25 years of building, my deed is at last done. Come for a visit if you pass nearby. Salodurum, west side of crystal lake, o18 ingame map. There are two free inns, so make yourself at home. (I planned to do an opening-party-treasure-hunt, but i guess lag would have killed it for good.) There are 75 buildings, around 80k bricks and 80k mortar were used, no idea how many trees had to die. Here some pictures (I posted them on the screenshots-thread too, so I apologize for being redundant).

WsSQ5ek.jpg

RmiE3bU.jpg

ot4xkfk.jpg

Mainplace:

rTmQhHN.jpg

View of the church from the inn at the mainplace:

OnJLzI0.jpg

Inside the church with cherry trees peeking in:

UsOTbI1.jpg

Approaching the fortress:

a59lj3k.jpg

Inside the fortress (note the pattern on the ground, crystals forming a star (I almost lost my mind doing those things))

EnqiZmO.jpg

Inside of the fortress temple:

ZPABTaD.jpg

and 2 pictures of the construction

HUJvEAV.jpg

bmpAUIJ.jpg

Edited by Hauler
  • Like 29

hehe i remember bout a year n half ago i delivered some bricks to ya, looks great bud.

Really nice!

I always loved rosedragon's picture of your deed, too:

hauler_FINAL.jpg

** ps, must be longer than 3 years as I can find references in my logs from October 2011 and Jan 2012, unless you mean you took a break in the middle.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Congrats on finishing your deed, it looks great - love the paving patterns! And the church is very nicely decorated! I'll make a point to stop by when my travels take me that way again  ^_^

• Like 1

Incredible! After all that work, your masonry and paving skills must be 100+ !  

Will make every effort to visit, if ever in the vicinity of O18, Indy.

Three words to descibe Hauler

Freak 

Beast

Animal

All in the best forms of the word!

Amazing deed, and work ethic...

Was it all you, no help?

Wow! This is so inspiring, I'm aaaalmost tempted to come back to Freedom (after recently-ish moving to Epic). Almost. :P But very rarely do I see deeds that are this inspiring. And you have an amazing eye for detail -- I love how every little bit is planned out carefully, from the pavement to the trees, hedges, and curbs, to all the decorations. You really did the most amazing job with this!

Thanks a lot for comments! :D

Are you sure your delivery was bricks and not rockshards, Stormblade? I thought i did every brick myself, but after some time got such an aversion for mining, that i whined for shards on kchat. :lol:

Thanks for posting Rosedragon's art, Brash. I forgot to upload it. Well, I did some research in my logs and I found an appalling truth: I'm a big fat liar! I founded the deed in October 2010, but not before March/April 2013 I went crazy with it. Before it was just a house or two with some fences. So it's not 3 years, but 2,25 years I was building on the city.

Yes, Kswords. I live here alone (with some good neighbours ofc). Alas it's a ghost town. I planned to take people in and give away houses for holidays or as a foothold on Indie or Crystal Lake when I'm done. But first, I take a wurm-break.

Haha, no, Baloo, Masonry, Carpentry and Stone cutting are only 99.something and paving is 59 (wooden floors ftw).

Yeah, mostly myself Rolandt. I bought/was given about 40k dirt of the 60k to fill up the land, traded for rockshards (or got them for free from Perodin and Pikakilei, Kraten, Journeya and some more people that are now mad at me (Stormblade?), because I don't remember them). Well and the altars were made by Zkovacs and blessed by him, Journeya and Boobaby. But the rest was me... I think.

I hoped to inspire a few people, so help yourself with ideas, Sia! :D

• Like 1

Big gratz Hauler deed looks great. And it's nice to see it done.

That is amazing! Breathtaking pictures. But it deserves a visit, not only watching pics xD I'm gonna annotate it on my travel map.

This is just amazing. You should be proud.

I rode through this area with my co-colluder some time ago, and even then it was pretty amazing.

We will stop by in the future, for a few 'photos' :)

Keep it up sir, your land is fantastic.

Amazing deed.  Stopped in a month or so ago, will stop by again for sure.  Worth the trip.

Amazing work man! Now that is a pictoresque wurm deed!

It looks like a real medieval fortress city!

Edited by Ripsipiirakka

Very nice images...

But you got to visit this place to believe it. Huge. Awesome. Very impressive solo achievement.

Great work Hauler!

I shudder to  think how many tiles you must have repaved over and over to get those patterns right!

Looks wonderful!