Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Why do we lose stamina

I was riding on my lg cart just now and i was wondering if us losing stamina was a bug or if it is intended.  We are not doing anything the horses or whatever you are using is doing all the work...idk 

Just seems odd and to me it seems like more of a bug. I had always wondered if there was some reason for it or if it was just an easy way out of separating walking vs riding.

What do you think?

Edited by Kegan

I feel like we are Flintstone style riding the carts and the horses are just there for show.  

• Like 7

Along those same lines, why do we lose stamina while boating on pve servers, obviously the code is separated enough to allow for checking the differences between pve and pvp servers.

I think the worst part is when you're in a boat and the slope below you disallows you from regening stamina when you're standing still. That's also one of the "because PvP" things in the game, that they introduced to make wallclimbing in carts harder.

• Like 5

I think the worst part is when you're in a boat and the slope below you disallows you from regening stamina when you're standing still. That's also one of the "because PvP" things in the game, that they introduced to make wallclimbing in carts harder.

Thats an obvious bug fix, has nothing to do with pvp. People were climbing the biggest mountains on freedom by abusing a cart to regain stamina. Hell, people were building entire deeds in the middle of mountaincliffs like this.

• Like 3

Thats an obvious bug fix, has nothing to do with pvp. People were climbing the biggest mountains on freedom by abusing a cart to regain stamina. Hell, people were building entire deeds in the middle of mountaincliffs like this.

Read my post again. I doubt they were climbing mountains in boats...

• Like 1

Well, have you tried going through a cave canal? lol

• Like 1

Whats the difference between boats and carts?

Now you're just trying to be clever to cover up the fact that you replied without having read my post thorougly enough before starting a pointless argument. And no, ship transporters did not exist at the time and I'd like to see you drag a boat up a mountain during PvP just do be able to regen stamina in it. If you can do that faster than you become killed for such a stupid act you honestly deserve to reach the top.

• Like 2

what

• Like 1

It'd be nice if we didn't lose stamina driving a cart or sailing a boat, simply so we can craft without having to stop for stamina. :)

• Like 1

Carts don't float very well. Too many open spaces.

• Like 3

This was implemented because of pvp abuse with carts. The reason it affects boats is likely because they are vehicles and handled by some of the same code. It'd be nice if they could just fix up the code and make it so that you don't lose stamina on mild slopes. 

what?

umm, I don't use stamina when sailing unless i add speed by using the w key (or autowalking)  I have always assumed with boats that if you are adding speed you lose stamina because you are rowing or constantly adjusting the sails or whatever....

as for carts, If you have ever driven an actual, animal powered cart... there's a bit more to it than just sitting there, some stamina loss is probably called for to simulate the effort needed to keep horses or oxen on the course you want them to go not the one they want to take.. I will agree that it probably doesn't need to be quite so rapid however. (edit - nor should weight affect stamina loss when driving a cart.. a very slow, constant,  loss to simulate the attention needed to guide the animals would be sufficient) 

• Like 6

For me it isn't keeping the horses in line. It's the constant pounding my bum takes. Unless you have one of the new fangled carts with springs under the seat. Even those are no help for long hauls. The wagons and carts in WURM have no springs so the pounding would surely wear on you.

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

Well, boats are those rounded-bottom thingies we use to sail the water with. Carts, on the other hand, are like wagons and you can use them to haul cargo on land, by hitching animals to them.

Okay, okay, I am out. I couldn't resist :)

• Like 1