Sign in to follow this  
Zol

Could Chaos and Epic ever merge populations?

PvPers Unite!  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the pvp populations merged under one server/cluster?

• Yes
    • No

As I type this topic out I know there is going to be a lot of flaming but it is something I genuinely want to have a discussion about.

Is there any scenario where chaos and epic can merge to become one large pvp cluster instead of two smaller ones?

I didn't put this in suggestions because I would like to hear from chaos and epic players and see if any of them would even want this to happen to begin with. And if they do want it to happen what then would be their stipulation for merging the two together? There would have to be concessions made on both sides, you couldn't just say "delete epic and bring them back to chaos huehuehue" Obviously there would be loss on both sides. But the potential gain from having both pvp groups united would be spectacular.

In the spoiler I have outlined one method I have been contemplating.

Here is one of the most equal ways of merging that I thought up.

• First things first, no one wants to lose their skills. So there has to be a minimum of a two week period in which any and all accounts on chaos or epic can be migrated to wherever it is the merge is taking place, whether it be chaos, epic, or an entirely new cluster. The migration would include bank accounts and all items you can carry in your inventories.

• The hardest part is figuring out where to go with the players that is fair for everyone. I personally like the idea of using the current epic cluster, but wiping the maps completely. This way chaos players aren't the only ones losing their deeds/items/pmks. All epic, on ele and homeservers would be wiped. If need be we could even do new maps for JKH and MRH since they are the only originals left.

• If that idea doesn't go over well, and it probably won't. Create an entirely new cluster. I would like to keep the curve and the 2x skillgain because I believe that really helps new players catch up with old players significantly.

• If you have deeds/traders/merchants/pmks then the forum shows up in your inventory when migrating. For example, all of the PMK's on chaos, the current chief of each has a declaration in their inventory upon migrating their accounts. The deed holders all have settlement contracts and the initial cost of their deed+current upkeep is refunded to their bank account for remaking new deeds. Any upkeep used over the months/years is not refunded just initial cost+current upkeep.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing some genuine feedback.

I think combining both populations would be great fun, but the main issue is that there is no fair way to combine everything pretty much. Someone is going to lose something, sadly.

• Like 3

Well that is why I outlined a way in which everyone loses something but not as bad as chaos being forced to epic and them losing everything while we lost nothing.

Would be interested, we could make it where epic raids Chaos ? vice versa to Epic but make something special out of it, could keep both maps, but a new one would be better, I mean i am down to take what i can to a new world to fight if its do able with more people it would be better but i would hate to see the chaos map just proofed.

Edit- maybe make chaos into wild again and make it a PVE Event server with HOTA still. that way PVP zones? and still PVE like crazy for fun!

Edited by AlphaWolfen

Give epic folks some percentage of skills if they come to chaos. Honestly epic cluster is not needed, it has 100 or so people online, at max a little more?
If the entire game was played on freedom that would work. But people have spent their time on epic in deeds and grinding skills. The problem always remains about how to reimburse the folks who have spent so much time on epic. 
But yeah if people want epic to stay, I can understand and I have no problem with it.
Voted yes.

It'd be cool if on Challenege you could portal over, and you'd be forced to be on side Chaos or Epic depending where you portal from, and we can finally end which side would be better.  

• Like 8

I think it would be cool to have a map to port to where Epic and Chaos could PVP but us going to Choas or Choas coming to us would be a big problem i see flame wars on the forums and issues over this but if there was a map we could go to looking for PVP would be cool.

Edited by Knightstar

It'd be cool if on Challenege you could portal over, and you'd be forced to be on side Chaos or Epic depending where you portal from, and we can finally end which side would be better.  

MR Chaos wouldn't know what hit em but all you'd hear is GREAT KHAAAAN

• Like 1

I think the mindset and playstyle is way too different to ever combine Epic and Chaos; besides the fact that there is no way to combine them in a fair way for both sides. It is good that they are separated so they suit different people with their individual playstyle. 

• Like 8

As much as I would like to see an increase in the population I can not see it happening. -1, sorry.

As others have said, not really feasible. However the boost in population would be a lot of fun.

Won't work well.

Diffrent features on the servers, freedom (this for me is a massive negative thing), diffrent playstyles.

I went to epic to get away from some of the players on Chaos.  So I voted no.

I have played on both Freedom and Epic.  To me, for long term play, the long hard grind on Freedom/Chaos is much more fulfilling and makes me appreciate what others have done more than anyone on Epic ever could, no offense intended. I know Epic players work hard.  It's the long term grind to reach a high level in skills that induces the respect and admiration.  To me, Epic is more of a medium term play in the sense of wanting to quickly reach a level of compatibility skill-wise with other players to compete effectively in pvp and contribute to a community or successfully be self sufficient.  Challenge is the short term play, and therefore has the drastic increase in skillgain to reach "end-game" skill levels the fastest.

It would not be fair for Epic players to retain their skill levels when transitioning to Chaos.  That would be like Challenge players keeping their skill levels if they could transition to Epic.

I'm not trying to bash Epic.  If I were a new player, I would play exclusively on Epic. I love the new Affliction and Elevation maps and the people I've met are really great.  I just don't want to lose my current investment in time from skilling, and I would feel cheated if Epic players were transitioned over with no skill loss.

• Like 1

Give epic folks some percentage of skills if they come to chaos. Honestly epic cluster is not needed, it has 100 or so people online, at max a little more?

If the entire game was played on freedom that would work. But people have spent their time on epic in deeds and grinding skills. The problem always remains about how to reimburse the folks who have spent so much time on epic. 

But yeah if people want epic to stay, I can understand and I have no problem with it.

Voted yes.

If you send chaos players to a curve and 2x skillgain server, their skills need to be adjusted upwards, however they will have much much higher body stamina in comparison to those who played on the curve and 2x server, as well as possibly other skills whose skillgain is determined by the curve value, such as meditating.

If you send epic players to a standard skillgain non-curved server, they will be at a significant disadvantage in these same skills due to the limited body stamina gain options on epic, and whichever skills are made more difficult to skill because of the curve.

In order for a merge to work, we would have to be able to calculate what their skills would be had they trained them entirely on whichever server they would be sent to, and I don't think that would be possible without knowing little details such as training practices (skilling with low stam vs high, using coc skiller tools, etc), which would be impossible to do on a player-by-player basis.  Whatever calculation used would surely benefit some players and cause outrage among others, and many players have hoards of loot and gear stashed that they could not possibly fit in one inventory.  If somehow a fair conversion from one cluster's skills to the other is created, it would then make sense to send the players of both clusters to a third new cluster, so that both sets of players start on even ground with no pre-established deeds or gear.  I don't know whether they should be allowed to bring items or not, because many high end items are much easier to get on one cluster or the other (drake and scale on chaos vs curve ql gear or ada and glimmer on epic).  Many players would be opposed to losing their high end items on either cluster, and many players would also be opposed to seeing the other set of players being at an advantage due to items brought from before the merge.  On epic, Affliction and Elevation were both recently reset, and the players have already invested a lot of work into rebuilding.  If merged, many players would likely be too put off by this extra 'reset' to want to rebuild or continue playing. 

In all, I don't think a merge would work, because no matter how you handle it, many players will feel cheated, and although it would most likely create a pvp server with more population than either epic or chaos alone, in total I believe it would result in a loss of players.

• Like 1

You would first have to delete all the ridiculous christmas prizes and thousands of overpowered bugged items on chaos, or epic would be ruined too. But chaos players probably wouldn't like that as they are sold for a lot of euros.

At this point the cheated skills on chaos don't matter much anymore, enough people got 70 characteristics without cheating on epic because of the faster skillgain.

Edited by Edge

Absolutely not...all good reasons against this have been stated above.