Sign in to follow this  
Zol

Could Chaos and Epic ever merge populations?

PvPers Unite!  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the pvp populations merged under one server/cluster?

• Yes
    • No

S

Well players of note! From both Epic and Chaos give this *Thumbs Down*

And as has been pointed out there is support for this from Chaos and Epic players, I also don't think we need to resort to calling these players "Scrubs" either!  

They have there reason's and older veteran's who have played both sides of the fence understand that what they are asking for would be a bad move for wurm.

Epic and Chaos players have very different mindsets and play in very different ways!  Heck you can see a change in mindset between Elevation and the Home Servers.

Right now while a healthier population would be nice, every type of wurmian and there playstyle has a home and a place.  And its a good blend a health mix if you will....

I believe that many of these players that want this merge are also those that are the most "Call of Duty" They crave action, combat, killing, death, the PvP excitement non stop 24/7

And they sometimes forget that many players around them are not so oriented, they might crave making a road, or creating a bridge more then killing another player!

Edited by Battlepaw

Im from epic... and i +1, in fact id be completely okay with entirely removing epic lol

• Like 7

I think this topic fits Suggestions & Ideas more than Town Square - moved. :)

• Like 1

*Bored of elevation*

TO CHAOS!

*reset announced*

TO EPIC!

Keep telling yourselves that ;)

Edited by Zekezor

Heh it does tend to be more annoying when people do that, and it's normally with PvE vs PvP topics because the posters know that a lot of freedom players like to follow the drama in the town square stuff and latch on to these topics.    It's not hard to figure out.   

This topic is a good case in point.   I've seen the same debate go on in both the suggestion forums, and posted in various other guises in the chaos forum sections, but toss it into the town square and instant bedlam.    

It's nothing new, and every time it's the same.  About the same effect of running up and just yelling "lets shut down or reset Chaos", and you do it in the Town square, because players really know you mean "lets start another PvP vs PvE"  and they enjoy that drama.   

Edited by Battlepaw

because Wurm PvP sucks

Pretty much.

Watching videos of it is painful.

yes i will...? o.o

edit: btw redd, in what way did i know you in the past? (like wayyyy back)

I found a bunch of old pms from you but i got 0 memory of you lol. (sorry)

stuff like this: http://puu.sh/jumRt/7c75792283.png

I founded BS with you on Toxic.

I founded BS with you on Toxic.

oh ur toxic.

I see. Hai :D

-1 It just wouldn't work.

I recall Toxic from BS. Those were fun times.

• Like 1

No. There are characters on both servers with separate skills. It simply would not work for this reason alone, no matter what solution you provide. People payed to grind those skills up. I don't see how giving players a choice of what skills to migrate would be enough to compensate for their money spent to grind those skills up.

The deeds and everything else would also be too much of a headache.

Edited by Lotus1

Aside from the hand full that play epic fill time, isn't most of the population chaos players that get bored greifing on freedom any ways. I see "combining" the population as decreasing the numbers of "players"

;)

Aside from the hand full that play epic fill time, isn't most of the population chaos players that get bored greifing on freedom any ways. I see "combining" the population as decreasing the numbers of "players"

;)

what

epic has more active players and less alts on one server than chaos does, most of which don't actually play dual cluster.

on chaos its common to see more than five alts a day if you live on the frontlines, and many people with 2-3 personal non grief/scout alts that serve as priests or crafters. the only time that server spikes in unique activity is when raids happen when every old veteran from freedom comes over for about 12 hours.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Only 1/3 of actual chaos players live on chaos. The amount of peeps that actually do pvp is huge in the freedom cluster :)

Edited by demondan

Only 1/3 of actual chaos players live on chaos. The amount of peeps that actually do pvp is huge in the freedom cluster :)

Freedomers who only come for big events once in a while doesnt really count.

No, like others have said. It would be like saying "Let's close down all other Freedom servers and transport those people to Xanadu", only with the ugliness of the curve to worry about. 

• Like 1

Freedomers who only come for big events once in a while doesnt really count.

And people who don't even PvP do count?   

Is this your cue to feed us some line of baloney such as "If the world was perfect I'd come PvP"?   Because I've heard that one before and it still cracks me up that player that don't want to pvp under the current system and constantly complain about how broken it is think they will be any happier if Chaos was reset/merged or whatever.   

If they don't want to play with what they feel is a broken system there are other games out there with different systems.    Wurm makes due with what it has, and trying to justify destruction of years worth of player work, whether it's epic merged with chaos or vice versa simply on a "what if" dream from players who often don't even know what they are asking for is complete madness.    

And people who don't even PvP do count?   

Is this your cue to feed us some line of baloney such as "If the world was perfect I'd come PvP"?   Because I've heard that one before and it still cracks me up that player that don't want to pvp under the current system and constantly complain about how broken it is think they will be any happier if Chaos was reset/merged or whatever.   

If they don't want to play with what they feel is a broken system there are other games out there with different systems.    Wurm makes due with what it has, and trying to justify destruction of years worth of player work, whether it's epic merged with chaos or vice versa simply on a "what if" dream from players who often don't even know what they are asking for is complete madness.    

what on earth are u on about? lol.

I really don't appreciate you moving my thread. I don't want it in suggestions because it is NOT a suggestion. Can a mod please move it back?

1) You are suggesting that a merge could work, and are asking for peoples opinions.

2) You are posing the idea that the two servers could merge, and are looking for input. 

Either way you look at it, the thread belongs there. You stated that you didn't put it in suggestions and ideas because you want to hear from players whether it could work, however that is the entire point of the suggestions and ideas subforum, to get the opinions of other players, which will then sometimes influence dev attention.