Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Please close.

Jaratima I did not order a mooring rope from you nor do I know why you sent one to me.  I have returned it to you thinking you must have meant to send it to someone with a name similar to mine.

Edited by Pashka
  • Like 6

If I could tell him, I would have.  I do not know who they are.  I put this here so they would see it and know why they got a return.  If it bothers you please refrain from looking at it.

• Like 3

You should refrain yourself and not even create public posts directed to one person that may or may not see it. For that there are private messages... :P

• Like 2

Love to.  There is no forum name by the name of the person that I received the mail from.  I did check.

• Like 3

He sent you something.  There's little imps whispering orange text saying that you have mail waiting as soon as you log in.

If you return the item... *gasp* guess what?  He will see that same little message when HE logs in.  Stands to reason he'll probably see the message ingame before he'll read the forums.  Just saying.

There's absolutely no reason to make a post on the forum over a @#%#@% piece of mail.

• Like 3

No reason for all the does he hate me etc posts either.  But I don't see this many people having an issue with those.  I am simply letting him know that he might have made a mistake.  I do know that there is a character with a name very similar to mine.  So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities for him to have made a mistake.

My making this post and if he or one of his friends find it will know that he did send the rope just made a mistake with spelling so he can send it again.  Sending it to the correct person this time who might be thinking that the person they bought something from was a flake.

Not sure why this is such a big deal to people that are clearly not involved in this in any way whatsoever.

• Like 9

whats with all this hostility guys? I think it's rather refreshing to have a post like this than those thousands "uwäääh someone stole my stuff on freedom" and "wurm is dying" and "why everyone is so unfair" and "lets go lynch player XXX for behaving badly" threads.

I don't even know what you guys think should be wrong with this thread...it's nice of him to try to inform that person that an item went to the wrong person, instead of having to let that person maybe get wrong assumptions about a possible buyer scamming him sheesh.

• Like 16

I clicked this thread and now my night is ruined.

• Like 1

Oh no, this isn't a thread where someone is threatening to grief people - How will I ever survive having read this?

• Like 3

If this thread is pointless then does not that make all your posts within it pointless also? I agree there is much hostility towards this post and for the life of me I cannot understand it. I could care less about 75% of the posts on this forum but I do not take the time to be a crab ass in every one of them and berate them because they do not align to what I think a ideal post should be. Does ragging on random posts help you guys sleep better at night or fill some void in your life?

• Like 7

This forum is so active I can barely keep up with the hundreds of thousands of spam threads, please don't make threads that don't appeal to my exact interests.[/sarcasm]

• Like 3

I agree, I can never understand why people complain about the content of posts. Don't read them if you don't like them. Do you write to websites and say "Hey why are you making a website about this subject, I don't think it's important."? I'm interested to see this post because the same thing happened to me - an overpriced item was sent to me. Could have been an accident, and I wanted to let the person know. But it's also interesting to see if this is a new phishing method.

• Like 2

someone with a name similar to mine.

I can think of a name similar to yours!

Had someone point out to me not to use foul language when I once mistype your name. Would not be surprised someone make toon with such name. Sometimes ppl like profane names.

Extending the thought to; "Profane named person needed mooring rope." which starts to sound like cheap magazine news title.

Edited by Raybarg

I hate to break it to you, LorrianeJ, but people complain about other people's pages and posts all the time on Facebook, so I'm not the least bit surprised that they think it's correct to do so here. I guess some people feel that if something isn't 100% relevent and entertaining for them then it shouldn't exist. I really don't know whatever happened to "if it doesn't pertain to you leave it alone" but I guess some people just have to complain and troll for the sake of amusing themselves.

What the hell is wrong with you people?  There's no reason for this much hostility and condescending tone toward the OP.  This is the kind of player this community needs to encourage, not act elitist and bully him out of the game.

And Wargasm....WAY over the line.  Get a girlfriend or some counseling, because there is no way a well adjusted person would be triggered like that by the OP.

• Like 10

Some people just love to hate on others and if they can do it over the internet and be internet warriors so much the better no risk to them .

• Like 1

What the hell is wrong with you people?  There's no reason for this much hostility and condescending tone toward the OP.  This is the kind of player this community needs to encourage, not act elitist and bully him out of the game.

^^ This.

Just because you are bored and this thread does not appeal to you it does not mean you should go around criticizing folk for trying to get a message to someone.  Climb down off your high horse and ignore the thread if you don't like it.

• Like 3

I swear, not a single person here understands simple forum etiquette. this post promotes no conversation and serves little to no purpose. Regardless of the reaction it receives it still shouldn't be here in the first place. I think its time less of my slightly condescending or sarcastic comments got deleted and instead there was some proper moderation done around here.

EDIT: Stupid post won't come out of bold after making a quote...

Edited by Deathly

I swear, not a single person here understands simple forum etiquette. this post promotes no conversation and serves little to no purpose. Regardless of the reaction it receives it still shouldn't be here in the first place. I think its time less of my slightly condescending or sarcastic comments got deleted and instead there was some proper moderation done around here.

As I pointed out when I posted about my misdirected mail, not everyone has the same in-game name as their forum name. An example would be the alts I've bought - at least one of the names is still active in the forums, although for me in-game they are just worker alts without added friends. If someone wanted to communicate with one of those alts, if they weren't online in the game there would be no way, and the wrong person would get the message if it was sent on the forums. Sending the misdirected mail message here harms no one.

If you don't want your comments deleted, maybe remember the adage "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you." Do you want people to be sarcastic and condescending when you're just posting an innocent message?

• Like 7

LOL.  How ironic.  The forum police in this thread, loudly proclaiming that this thread shouldn't be here, keep bumping it to the top when in all likelihood it would have dropped off the main page by now.  

And meanwhile, some of these people seem to have no problem with the other posts on this forum, (many of which are in fact multi-page threads on the first page of this section of the forum), posts that have no point other than attention-getting or trouble-making, whereas this thread was for the purpose of being helpful to someone.

Truly a rich irony here.  My thanks to the trolls, I needed a good chuckle this morning.   :)

To the OP, nice gesture trying to inform that person of their mistake if it was a mistake, and/or bringing attention to what may be a recent trend of phishing attempts if it was not a mistake.

• Like 6