Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Wiki/Farming/Yields

Please remove the yields secton of farming on the wiki. It is horribly wrong.

Also, livestock grazing crops increases yield???? Really? On what planet?

Edited by Sarcaticous

Please remove the yields secton of farming on the wiki. It is horribly wrong.

This thread belongs in the Wurmpedia/Wiki maintenence section of the forums, and we'll need more data on how it is wrong before we change it.  Can you provide more research and results?

No research. Do you farm? My farming is at 73. I get 5 minimum with no crop tending. At 60 I could get as much as 9 with crop tending. Most often 6 to 8. I don't care if people are misled. Just saying.

This thread belongs in the Wurmpedia/Wiki maintenence section of the forums, and we'll need more data on how it is wrong before we change it.  Can you provide more research and results?

Better be very wrong intentionally than guess and be slightly wrong?

Grazing increases yield.. not directly.. but when animal grazes the field, it takes it back one stage, so basically you can tend one tile more than normally. Which in the end results in bigger yield, when field becomes ripe. Yield over time doesn't change of course, but you can see quite big numbers this way. :)

Grazing increases yield.. not directly.. but when animal grazes the field, it takes it back one stage, so basically you can tend one tile more than normally. Which in the end results in bigger yield, when field becomes ripe. Yield over time doesn't change of course, but you can see quite big numbers this way. :)

So fields are ready faster if you dont farm?

farming doesnt change the growth speed, yield goes up with tending successes, and growth stages, animals removing a growth stage actually offers two chances, asuccessful tend + growing the stage back.

Give me some good results to go on here, and I'll be happy to remove any blatant misinformation and replace it with more accurate findings.  I don't want to remove existing data, even if it isn't very close to correct without being able to add more accurate data in its place, if that makes sense?

farming doesnt change the growth speed, yield goes up with tending successes, and growth stages, animals removing a growth stage actually offers two chances, asuccessful tend + growing the stage back.

If the cows don't eat it back to the nubbins.  :D

Give me some good results to go on here, and I'll be happy to remove any blatant misinformation and replace it with more accurate findings.  I don't want to remove existing data, even if it isn't very close to correct without being able to add more accurate data in its place, if that makes sense?

We pay Rolf to play the game, not waste time we pay for trying to figure out what he did. HE knows the numbers. Why are they a big secret?

No research.  I don't care if people are misled. Just saying.

Won't post in wiki discussion subforum

Won't provide any sort of evidence backing up his claims

Doesn't even seem to understand the current wiki listing

Yeaaaaa, I don't think we're changing the wiki page just yet...

We pay Rolf to play the game, not waste time we pay for trying to figure out what he did. HE knows the numbers. Why are they a big secret?

Because some of us DO enjoy playing trying to figure out how things work. While to some it may be boring or frustrating, to others it provides opportunity for discovery or research. Yes, some of us enjoy research. Just like some of us volunteer to police the community, or provide new player assistance.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

91 farming, 47ql rake (BotD 71), farming garlic and tending once a day, i get yields of 8 to 10.

@Arronicus: If you would like to pay me for using up my paid subscription to research this let me know. We can handle it through Paypal.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Actually that phrase was there before Tich changed farming to increase yield with more than one farm actions, so it has nothing to do with it. As most stuff on the wiki its about player perception more than hard fact and coded reality.

Because some of us DO enjoy playing trying to figure out how things work. While to some it may be boring or frustrating, to others it provides opportunity for discovery or research. Yes, some of us enjoy research. Just like some of us volunteer to police the community, or provide new player assistance.

That argument is flawed. I'm sorry it is. If you WANT to discover, DON'T use the wiki. But the wiki being the ONLY SOURCE of in-game information and help SHOULD have dev feedback and verification.

Because then what happens is that a dev decides something doesn't work like he wants it, calls it a bug, and dramatically changes the game, usually to the detriment of the overall experience and to the favor of a small community. (Sparta anyone?).

This is brought simply by that single fact that the devs don't give enough of a to provide hard fact on how systems are supposed to work, my guess is because mostly half the time they're just happy stuff kinda works, and can't be bothered to make it consistent (they're volunteers mostly, you can't blame them). Because half the time if we KNEW how stuff is supposed to work, they'd have a much harder time bug fixing. So they're happy to leave us to speculate that a bugged system is working as intended until they see fit to fix it and totally flip the rule book on our faces.

Plus there's Sarcaticous' point. The game is subscription based. You have to pay (mostly) for your time in the game. Sure most people that are adverse to change are so because they have already established themselves in a way that they don't, probably a long time ago, so they can't relate to that anymore.

You can't expect a game that needs 6h of daily game play just to keep you improving, then to add a layer of necessary testing and research that can then be completely overruled on a whim by a dev. That's just poor management, poor development and overall dreadful policy. And people excuse it because they "wanna explore". Well fi you don't have the self-control enough NOT to open the wiki and learn how things really work, then MAYBE you need to seek some professional help.

Oh. And trust me, the devs aren't not creating a detailed knowledge base of the game because "you want to explore and puzzle things out". Its because its less work. The fact that many people create that excuse for them is just cherry on top.

I've said this a thousand times, stop giving the devs excuses for keeping the game mediocre. The community isn't growing, and even the lattest gimmicks (Xanadu and Challenge) barely gave a population boost to the game, and what little grew that wasn't a bunch of land-claim alts, is gone.

• Like 2

This is rich. How do you know any numbers in the Wiki are correct? You don't know. Anyone could have said they researched anything and post any numbers they wanted to. And you pretend to know they are factual. You're just spouting garbage while all the time you know that the numbers may just be cr** someone pulled out of their rear. At least now that there are people, responsible people, who monitor the Wiki more closely we may actually get good numbers instead of fictional figures. 

Edit: Ugh, I'm an idiot too. How can the Wiki monitors know if any numbers are correct unless they also do the research. Maybe Rolf will tell them.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Clatius

I've moved this post to the Wurmpedia section of the forum. From this post onwards please bear in mind that anything off-topic and non-constructive will be removed.

Thanks,

Marni

• Like 1

I've moved this post to the Wurmpedia section of the forum. From this post onwards please bear in mind that anything off-topic and non-constructive will be removed.

Thanks,

Marni

Thank you for responding.

The yield section of the farming page will stay mostly unadjusted until further data is compiled to give the confidence desired for a proper update.

Please continue to post your research here.

Edited by Slickshot

Personally, from my own farming work with a skill of 48, I've been tending my crops once per day with an 8ql rake and when harvest time comes around each tile yields 5-6 crop on average.

I would have to say that any guides involving specifics on how to fine tune your farming yield would belong in the Game Guide section of the forum.

As for the information on the wiki, Slickshot is correct. We will update based upon fact presented. There is note in that section as well indicating that it is outdated.

I would also like to remind everyone that this section of the forum where the post now resides is heavily moderated. If you have concerns regarding editing or moderation, you may send a forum message to Wurmpedia Manager Marni (bwg on the forums) with your concern.

• Like 1