Sign in to follow this  
Tich

New Permissions (Part 2) - Mine Doors

This is the second in the series and is to do with permissions for mine doors.

You may notice a lot of similarities with the management of gates.

Mine Door Permissions

Currently

Mine doors can be controlled where ever they are, and can have the village being able to manage them, and allies (and kingdom) to pass.  Also individual players can be added.

Proposed

In the Manage menu (on body or inventory) will have a Manage - MineDoors option. This will show a list containing...

• All the MineDoors that you can manage, wether it be due to you adding the door or just having the "May Manage" permission on the mine door.

The list will allow remote naming and managing permissions (including changing the 'settlement may manage' flag). Permissions are player oriented but also include groups or citizens, allies and everyone.(see Management of MineDoors below)

Available permissions on the gate (per person/group) are..

• "May Manage" controls the ability to name the gate and change permissions on that gate.
  • "May Pass"

The "Settlement may manage" flag is the same as on gates.

Can rename or manage permissions for a mine door by r-clicking if have the appropriate permission.

Management of Mine Doors

You will be able to add

• a player by name,
  • a player from trusted friends list
  • a player from friends list
  • a player from deed citizens (if you are a citizen)
  • a Citizens group (e.g. all citizens would have the permissions).
  • a Allies group (all allies would have the permissions)
  • a Same Kingdom group (all members of kingdom would have same permissions). 

You will also be able to change permissions for any of the above.

Examination of the mine door will show the name of the door, and if you have the "may Pass" permission, you will also see a signature of the (current) owner.

Tich

Please do comment.

• Like 11

Amazing.
It is very annoying to manage minedoors during pvp or the inability to manage them from inside the mine. This opens up a lot of possibilities, thanks a lot. When will this be implemented?

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

Mine door permissions right now are my favorite because you can add names. What I do wish is that you can add a list more quickly, instead of one name, close the whole menu, re-open the menu, the cursor is down in the GIVE THE WHOLE DOOR AWAY area, move the cursor up to where you add one name, add the name, close the whole menu, repeat. It would be FANTASTIC if you could add a list of names all at once. Barring that, please don't make the menu have to close out in between each name.

• Like 3

Love this, Tich.

Edit: Spell check does not like your name. It wants you to be Tick.

Edited by Audrel

i hope when you say " a player from the trusted friend list" you mean an option to check so everybody in the list can use the door,if you dont please add those

• Like 1

Amazing.

It is very annoying to manage minedoors during pvp or the inability to manage them from inside the mine. This opens up a lot of possibilities, thanks a lot. When will this be implemented?

• Like 2

Will it still have the current option of allowing 'everyone'? All kingdoms.

• Like 4

Mine door permissions right now are my favorite because you can add names. What I do wish is that you can add a list more quickly, instead of one name, close the whole menu, re-open the menu, the cursor is down in the GIVE THE WHOLE DOOR AWAY area, move the cursor up to where you add one name, add the name, close the whole menu, repeat. It would be FANTASTIC if you could add a list of names all at once. Barring that, please don't make the menu have to close out in between each addition

add people separated by commas??

I'm still working on the changes, and want to get them all done and tested before they go live.

You will be able to add all of them at once or one at a time, but if you then add someone else to your trusted friends list, they will not be added to the mine door (or gate etc).

what about if you add them to your trusted list then re manage the mine door??  not perfect but something.

I have not read this one yet but can we get a /manage command or something to bring up this management window you keep referring to? 

Edit: Read the post it looks good but a chat /manage command would be great :)

Edited by Kegan

If you're bringing in a trusted friends list (as opposed to the more general friends list), please allow an option where permissions are to the group instead of the individuals in the group.  For example, if I manage a set of resources (protected by mine doors, say), and I add someone to my trusted friends list, I don't want to have to go through all the mine doors I manage to add that person; I want to set the mine doors to allow trusted friends, then have that automatically handle when I change my trusted friends list.

I also don't want to have to go through every permissions thing I manage when I take someone off my trusted list, to also remove them from everything else.

• Like 1

I'm still working on the changes, and want to get them all done and tested before they go live.

You will be able to add all of them at once or one at a time, but if you then add someone else to your trusted friends list, they will not be added to the mine door (or gate etc).

and why is that?,that sounds just bad.would be much better if they did

Edited by Brynden

Very nice Tich.

Ontop of this, sorry to try fire pvp at proposed changes - On PvP servers will it show the name of the mine door? Sometimes player will bash enemy mine door and replace them with an 'everyone setting' when setting up a trap. I suppose doesn't really matter anymore now off-deed mine doors open for everyone now but I guess it would remove the ability of a trap ondeed.

while we are talking showing names, can we get house owner showing upon examine of buildings???

Awesome work Tich on both the gates and mine doors!  B)

I can't wait to see what your doing with the horses.  :)

I'm adding the everyone group (for minedoors).

• Like 1

The ability to add a character that is an enemy would be nice.

• Like 1

again, remote management on PvP is a touchy area

either some kind of cool down or block remote management when enemies pass the door, alternately block remote management of deeded doors when the deed alarm has been tripped

While your working on the permissions could we perhaps get a change to Kingdom setting on houses? Currently if a door is locked and set to kingdom it will still allow trolls to go through the same as if it was unlocked. I can understand them going through unlocked ones(albeit barely) but I do not think aggro mobs should be able to pass if they are locked and set at anything besides unlocked. Would also give more purpose to all the public safe houses next to guard towers I built years ago and then found they were basically useless against trolls and goblins.

• Like 2

While your working on the permissions could we perhaps get a change to Kingdom setting on houses? Currently if a door is locked and set to kingdom it will still allow trolls to go through the same as if it was unlocked. I can understand them going through unlocked ones(albeit barely) but I do not think aggro mobs should be able to pass if they are locked and set at anything besides unlocked. Would also give more purpose to all the public safe houses next to guard towers I built years ago and then found they were basically useless against trolls and goblins.

Are you sure all the doors had locks because I have 'troll barrier houses' around my deed and trolls have never come into or through them (set to kingdom).

Yeah I had locks on all the doors. But to be honest I have not tested it in a while so maybe it changed and I never noticed.

Yeah I had locks on all the doors. But to be honest I have not tested it in a while so maybe it changed and I never noticed.

Is there a balcony upstairs? If so, check that door. I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended because it's not always the case (only seen it happen once in fact), but that door being unlocked can sometimes unlock the whole house.

This sounds pretty amazing to me, as long as we have some way of identifying which stone mine door is which. Is there any chance of seeing the door QL in our manage list? =)