Sign in to follow this  
adonies

Best Crudist Area on Xanadu

I kinda miss the 'survivalist' Wurm; it's become too much of a 'perfectionist' Wurm.

So I'm thinking of starting a new character and try to survive with ... nothing (throw away everything from starter's kit).

And I mean totally nothing; not even use friendly deeds or towers or already existing mines etc.

So, which do you think is the best area in Xanadu for such a project?

(starting town and general direction thereof)

• Like 5

Go to linton and head west on the hell hound trail lots of open space over there

• Like 1

generally, the top north has far more critters to make survival harder.  Middle to south you can avoid critters easily.  Keep that in mind as you get more specific answers from other folks here.

Few towers, deeds and mines?  Stay away from the ocean and lake shores.

• Like 1

Suicide tourism to each starter Village on Xanadu will enable you to run out into the surrounding areas to find what suits your needs. Generally those starter Villages on inland areas will be less settled since they are more difficult to reach.

Also check the map at the top of this section and you will get a good idea of which areas are less developed. Then stay well away from any highways since they will enable easier development and population in the future. In these more remote areas aggressive mobs may soon put a short end to any plans to settle there though.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Sounds like something to have a go at, good luck with yours.

• Like 1

Glasshollow area desert is a great place to run through. Expect to get ran through though. It's decent area to 'survive' in, plenty of rolling mountians/hills, and sand and death and trees.

• Like 1

I would be interested in trying that.  I'm not to wild about getting rid of the compass and the flint and steel though.

• Like 1

Put all of the start town names in a hat, shake the hat and pick one name out, start there.....

Put North, South, East and West in a hat, pull one out, head that direction, that way you literally are dropped into it.

Have fun ! :)

• Like 2

Also no tent... That'll make it a nightmare of walking on xanadu when dieing lol

I like the idea but if it were me, I would keep the flint and steel just because, if I understand it, there is no mechanism for working back to that without help since you must have a forge to make steel and you can't light a forge without flint and steel, or maybe you can't light a charcoal pile without one to get the charcoal... can't remember.

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

well traders sell Steel and flint for a small amount of coin not sure i have yet to look and see but I am sure it is something like 1c. But the idea is to survive without buying or getting anything from anyone

• Like 1

But the idea is to survive without buying or getting anything from anyone

That is the spirit!

I like the idea but if it were me, I would keep the flint and steel just because, if I understand it, there is no mechanism for working back to that without help since you must have a forge to make steel and you can't light a forge without flint and steel, or maybe you can't light a charcoal pile without one to get the charcoal... can't remember.

Unfortunately, these are both true: can't light either forge or charcoal pile without flint-and-steel. This is a gap in the game mechanics, that will probably enforce us to take the flint-and-steel in the end...

EDIT: Although, being the summer of bugslaying and all that, it could be fixed before we even start on the project :)

Edited by adonies

You can loot coal from any dead lava creature (how to kill said lava creature with a naked noob character and no templars or tower guards is left as a challenge to the reader).

Also you don't need a forge, you can heat the coal with rock iron in a campfire to make steel.

• Like 1

Also no tent... That'll make it a nightmare of walking on xanadu when dieing lol

• Like 1

I had forgotten about coal from critters... just have to wait for one to get killed by a rogue pheasant or something.

• Like 3

Also you don't need a forge, you can heat the coal with rock iron in a campfire to make steel.

But how would you get a bitcher knife to get said coal if you cant light a fire to smelt the iron to make the butcher knife blade

But how would you get a bitcher knife to get said coal if you cant light a fire to smelt the iron to make the butcher knife blade

You can butcher with a crude knife.

crude knife made from iron rock and rock shards, this knife has a broad blade and half a hilt. It can be used to make a crude shaft, if you have lost your other tools.

Notes

• Cannot be improved or repaired.

Can be used to butcher corpses.

Uses the Carving knife skill.

• Like 1

Aha! Yes you are right.

This concept will last a couple of weeks, and by that point you will be almost back to the state of a noob, if you don't die too much.

Are you planning to deed too? If not then you will have to know your area well so you have the route back from the nearest starter town (since you will not use your tent)

• Like 1

Starter tent and toolbelt, these are the only items we'll take.

We'll deed of course, as soon as we decide we're satisfied with a particular plot of land.

There is already three of us, and we will start on Monday 8th Aug, near the inner lake southwest of Linton.

I kinda miss the 'survivalist' Wurm; it's become too much of a 'perfectionist' Wurm.

So I'm thinking of starting a new character and try to survive with ... nothing (throw away everything from starter's kit).

And I mean totally nothing; not even use friendly deeds or towers or already existing mines etc.

So, which do you think is the best area in Xanadu for such a project?

(starting town and general direction thereof)

I have thought of doing this very thing when seeing the update on crude tools.  I'd like to hear more

• Like 1