Niki

That thread about cats!

7 hours ago, ozmods said:

i want to send out a shout of thanks to those who adopt from shelters and such, because they deserve a second chance at love more than anyone else, so big props to those who do "rescue" or adopt from shelters.. i cant give you enough thanks.. i am in a position where i cant adopt at the present, due to a no pet's policy, but rest assured if i could i would definitely adopt again..

I second that thought! I've adopted or fostered many fur babies from rescues over the years and do what  I can for local rescue groups, especially the small private ones just wanting to save lives. My little Molly, the massively fluffy one looking for the horse behiind the monitor in my post above, would likely not have been adopted otherwise because she has a cleft in her little nose/lip. It is  nothing at all, doesn't affect her health in any way and makes her so special to me cause it is shaped like a little butterfly on her nose :)

• Like 1

lcuT3L9.jpg

picture edited by @Pingvinen <3

NdSnXKx.jpg

F5yVwHs.jpg

Our grumpy little polar bear.

She is a shelter cat.

• Like 6

LOVELY tail!

We have a cat with a SUPREMELY BEAUTIFUL GLORIOUS  tail (and yes he utterly knows it) who has a similar expression on his face most of the time.  I don't have a picture, but he resembles a vastly arrogant longhaired pureblack persian (I am sure he is a mixed mutt though). He is also, unfortunately, obese, lazy,  spoiled and bossy beyond belief. (my brother feeds him gourmet cat treats, so don't blame me for the obesity).  At one point when my daughter was away at school for a year (technically HER cat, though he considers all of us his personal slaves), he became too fat to groom himself properly and his coat slowly became very matted and we were afraid we would have to have him professionally shaved to get the terrible matting out. Instead, being the cheapskate that I am, after some googling, I started a weekly regime of oiling him down heavily with virgin OLIVE OIL to get the mats to fall out over time, a procedure he did NOT appreciate .. up until he realized it was working  and his fur was slowly getting GLORIOUS again. Then he allowed  it. And now he is all better again carries his tail proudly like a royal banner and scowls at anyone who fails to admire the supreme creature he is.  He would have looked much like this (but probably fatter -- hard to tell for sure with all that fur) if we had him shaved, and although that author recommends such an annual haircut in summer and promised your cat will love it, I can likewise promise  HE WOULD NOT HAVE LIKED IT ONE BIT as they claim,  as he is very very aware of how utterly STUPENDOUS he looks. His mood once we got his coat looking nice again, just skyrocketed upward.  His favorite activity now is having someone literally carry him from room to room so that we can all admire in awe how terrific he looks once more. 

Our second cat, who grew up with us alongside the first from kittenhood (same age but different litters), is a rather meek, shy and unassuming tuxedo shorthair who came to us with a rather crooked, deformed "half tail", sadly a very very UGLY tail, and the two cats (both neutered males)  clearly use TAIL GLAMOUR as an indication of household social status. The fluffycat regularly likes to sit in any spot the tuxedo frequents, as if to make clear   "all places really belong to ME", and likes to plunk himself in the middle of a hallway or doorway to force the rest of us to try to go around him, glaring at you if you try to "Shuuush" him out of the way.  

DO NOT MOCK THE TAIL. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Sage and Chuck being cute together

vqVPoqK.jpg

My hat!

4rVNMuz.jpg

• Like 5

I know about the whole 9 lives thing, but my butt is clenching just from watching!

yv2pgxaw5ey01.gif

• Like 6

On 5/11/2018 at 4:15 AM, Evening said:

Majestic

Fp2a9Nq.jpg

Could we have Hell Cats added to the game????? Could be pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

Kitty gives no cares about that thing called gravity.

• Like 5

I know some of you on these forums love seeing pictures of my fur babies, so it saddens me even more to say this. Unfortunately, my little bear, Benji, was killed on Tuesday night. I'll share some pictures of him here, including the last one I took of him on Saturday, some of them you may have already seen.

GKX7W07.png

wLcd71P.png

uWe39Fu.png

6IGXd6R.png

xYH3Fg6.png

JkHpQTt.png

1nx7yGJ.png

vnrSQak.png

WXOPVjv.png

u94BNRe.png

• Like 5

my condolences Fire... I enjoyed seeing him having a good time at your place and this just... loss for words, i'm terribly sorry. ?

• Like 2

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Fire, he was such a majestic fluff. I'm sure he's now chasing butterflies in a better place, when he's not sleeping curled up in your heart ..

• Like 2

oh crap sorry to hear that ,  nothing worse than losing a furkid, they're more like family than human family...

• Like 4

Was mucking about in the garden, went inside for a few minutes, come back out to find this...

dSWTm4j.jpg

Edited by Friya
  • Like 7

well it is a BOX.. all your boxes belong to your kitteh..