Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

I Have Missing Enchanted Turrets

Hiya

I made 3 enchanted turrets a couple of months back. Loved them. The other day I logged on my deed to see them all gone. 

I did  GM call and we think possibly they may have decayed away, however very odd all 3 gone at one time.  I did not think to check the damage.  My other thought is possibly that an allied villager may have taken.  Not sure.  My point of this is to make absolutely sure who is allowed on your deed. Mine was locked and only a few peopl are able to come in.  I realy wish we could set permissions for individuals not just deeds.

BTW if they were taken, I hope the person who took them gets eaten by a dragon and left atop a mountain.

Ok Rant Over.

I had no idea they took decay on deed.  And other ones I made around the same time for friends are still around.  Just saying.

I have a q50 and a q26 fire turret on deed , no decay. They were made a week or so after they came in game.

Check your load and pickup permissions.

You could fence them in too.

• Like 1

The one I made on my son's deed did have a some decay. 40 damage 19 ql.  But made right around same time.   just odd that 3 go poof all at once .I know was my own fault but I am saddened to think somone in my alliance would be so mean as to take them.   I really just wanted to make the point if they were stolen I want to person who took them to know I am calling them out.

A logging system that the mayor can review and is searchable would be nice.

Lets you review back and see who lifted what and when etc.

• Like 1

They decay pretty fast just like marble braziers and copper ones. If it was lower then 10 QL it probably poof'd

I doubt all 3 were lower than 10.  The one I made for my son was 24 ql.  that had 40 damage on deed. I am pretty sure they all were around same ql. But again I do not know for sure. 

I doubt all 3 were lower than 10.  The one I made for my son was 24 ql.  that had 40 damage on deed. I am pretty sure they all were around same ql. But again I do not know for sure. 

The decay on deeds, well its annoying and extremely random - brings me on the topic of why do we pay for deed tiles if things decay? Anyways I doubt anyone stole this, they are loadable however but really easy to make seems odd, i'd check permissions just in case 'load' is toggled on disable it if your in an alliance also.

• Like 1

sorry to hear what happened lola .. hope they find thier way back to you soon :o

The decay on deeds, well its annoying and extremely random - brings me on the topic of why do we pay for deed tiles if things decay? 

Because buildings don't decay, animals get disease less often, breeding is better, it provides protections for our goods and stored wares provided we lock things properly, allows group access, provides respawn points, and a few other features. 

• Like 1

Because buildings don't decay, animals get disease less often, breeding is better, it provides protections for our goods and stored wares provided we lock things properly, allows group access, provides respawn points, and a few other features. 

Could be better.

• Like 1

The thing is they do nothing on freedom and you guys still have the little annoying noise makers

The noise is a kinda big problem, I'd love to keep a couple of these but my villies play with sounds on for some reason so I can't :(

We can't hear them because we're not pvping, which means we don't have to put up with Wurm's awful sounds.  ;)

Again, my first point "They Do Nothing On Freedom"

Again, my first point "They Do Nothing On Freedom"

There shiny though.

They are very cool just a neat decoration. They are not easy to make. The turret is easy to build but you need  Fo to cast courier on them. So if you do not have a priest and enough body strength to load them it is not so simple to get them.  Also they all have to be crafted in different locations to get the different turrets.

I made this post to let people know they take damage and also to have people recheck the permissions on their deeds.

I think alot more things should be plantable,  and that the deed would have a permission so that you could set who would be able to move plantable items, such as lamps, hota bulk bins etc.

• Like 1

They do take decay for sure, and the random wipe out decay tick could well have hit them. I had two unfinished obelisks on a deed that both went poof together, silly me thinking any unfinished item wouldn't decay, so I learned to check every blessed thing once a month, and sure enough, my one fire turret was decayed quite a lot (not low enough ql to have lost it thankfully). Just something in your description about them all going away at the same time reminded me of the shock of seeing two obelisks gone, so for what it's worth they probably did get a decay kick.

Looking forward to all of the new permission settings to come soon, the wondering about did someone take this or that is silly really for us to have to suffer, I also really like the idea of a log for mayors that shows anything and everything that happens on a deed involving other players, the paranoia wurm can cause would be greatly reduced.

• Like 2

Looking forward to all of the new permission settings to come soon, the wondering about did someone take this or that is silly really for us to have to suffer, I also really like the idea of a log for mayors that shows anything and everything that happens on a deed involving other players, the paranoia wurm can cause would be greatly reduced.

This a fantastic idea would solve most ppl's problems with who did what. I would love it.

There is a very detailed permissions system being worked right now, and tested on test server, also Tich is asking for feedback in City Hall http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127519-new-permissions-part-1-gates/.

I hope this will provide a lot more safety on Freedom when it will be brought to life, but I always thought not the permissions are broken, but "broken" are the people trying to find loopholes only to spoil others' enjoyment, and so many times without any gain, just for the pure pleasure of hurting others.

Edited by Evening
  • Like 1

I think alot more things should be plantable,  and that the deed would have a permission so that you could set who would be able to move plantable items, such as lamps, hota bulk bins etc.

You do not know that Enchanted Turrets are plantable? Certain items if not planted on deed tiles will also take more decay damage, so it may be the same with these as well if you just dropped them instead.

=Ayes=

Help please. I just got all four kinds of turrets. I had them out kind of publicly because to me they are delightful and I wanted to have them where other people could enjoy them. But now I've moved them behind fences so they don't get stolen/dispelled. But how do I imp them? There's no imping choice when I examine them. Someone said they have to be dispelled to be imped, but I thought I read on here that once dispelled, they can't be re-enchanted with courier. Can someone please tell me what to do so they don't poof on me, since paying for a deed doesn't keep them from taking damage?

You let it decay and still blame deed permissions. Classic.

The thing is they do nothing on freedom and you guys still have the little annoying noise makers

do we need a thread everytime someone cuts grass too

You guys have anything useful to add to this thread, or just filling the "PvP trolling and idiocy on PvE players' threads" quota?

• Like 1

Help please. I just got all four kinds of turrets. I had them out kind of publicly because to me they are delightful and I wanted to have them where other people could enjoy them. But now I've moved them behind fences so they don't get stolen/dispelled. But how do I imp them? There's no imping choice when I examine them. Someone said they have to be dispelled to be imped, but I thought I read on here that once dispelled, they can't be re-enchanted with courier. Can someone please tell me what to do so they don't poof on me, since paying for a deed doesn't keep them from taking damage?

They can't be imped once they are enchanted.  You can however repair them.  You need to imp them high before enchanting. Just found all this out too.  I don't think you can repair them to poof can you?  Lowest ql is 1.00 I thought