Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Supreme toolbelt extra slot, supreme hatchet and little gains and pelts in backpacks

I recently posted some things I assumed were just bugs and not really new suggestions, but someone pointed out they may be just suggestions and not legit bugs.  So in the interested of posting on the correct page, here they are:

1. Supreme toolbelt does not have two extra slots, but is effectively a rare.  Please add an additional slot to a supreme toolbelt - not sure if this is a bug or not but it notes on the wiki that a supreme toolbelt has two additional slots http://www.wurmpedia...hp/Supreme_item (yet it does not have two additional slots in game).

2. Woodcutting with a supreme hatchet does not add two ql to logs around the 80 ql range, but only 0.7 ql is added using a supreme hatchet (instead of 2.0 or around that range).  This seems very low compared to a rare.  It also does not compare to the increase in ore ql when using a supreme pick axe to mine.

3. Pelts still cannot fit inside backpacks.

Further to those three, which were listed in the bug section, I would like to add the following:

4. Unicorn spawns have been either bugged or removed intentionally on Freedom. Please add back unicorn spawns that work by popping out unicorns for longer than a day, so our islands get its unicorn population in the wild back.  Currently, they are all but extinct bar for those few in captivity.

5.Add speed bonus to imped up ships and carts.  All other imped tools work faster, please make the same possible for imped vehicles.

• Like 8

I was having lots of issues with supreme hatchet after applying a imbue to it some time back, it seems to negate the supreme quality bonus completely :(

• Like 2

I recently posted some things I assumed were just bugs and not really new suggestions, but someone pointed out they may be just suggestions and not legit bugs.  So in the interested of posting on the correct page, here they are:

1. Supreme toolbelt does not have two extra slots, but is effectively a rare.  Please add an additional slot to a supreme toolbelt - not sure if this is a bug or not but it notes on the wiki that a supreme toolbelt has two additional slots http://www.wurmpedia...hp/Supreme_item (yet it does not have two additional slots in game).

2. Woodcutting with a supreme hatchet does not add two ql to logs around the 80 ql range, but only 0.7 ql is added using a supreme hatchet (instead of 2.0 or around that range).  This seems very low compared to a rare.  It also does not compare to the increase in ore ql when using a supreme pick axe to mine.

3. Pelts still cannot fit inside backpacks.

Further to those three, which were listed in the bug section, I would like to add the following:

4. Unicorn spawns have been either bugged or removed intentionally on Freedom. Please add back unicorn spawns that work by popping out unicorns for longer than a day, so our islands get its unicorn population in the wild back.  Currently, they are all but extinct bar for those few in captivity.

5.Add speed bonus to imped up ships and carts.  All other imped tools work faster, please make the same possible for imped vehicles.

+1 to 1, 3 and 4.

+1 to #5 but only if its a slight boost similar to horseshoes

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

5, they already have that. Ships move as if they have an extra passenger for rare, 2 for supreme, and 3 for fantastic(unconfirmed). That is they give the boost till max capacity. So if a sailboat is supreme, and has 3 people on it, it will move as if there's 5. But if there is 4, it still moves as if there are 5.

Carts have a speed boost as well. +1kmh for rare, 2kmh for supreme, 3kmh for fantastic(unconfirmed).

+1 to the part of #5 about giving a slight boost for higher ql vehicles.

Yes the suggestion is speed bonus to non rare (or rare/sup/fantastic) vehicles as well, if they are imped higher.  Example: A normal cart at 10 ql should then be slower than a normal cart at 90 Ql, and a rare cart at 10 ql should still be faster than a non rare cart at 10 Ql but slower than a rare cart at 90 Ql, etc., as per all other tools in Wurm.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

Yes the suggestion is speed bonus to non rare (or rare/sup/fantastic) vehicles as well, if they are imped higher.  Example: A normal cart at 10 ql should then be slower than a normal cart at 90 Ql, and a rare cart at 10 ql should still be faster than a non rare cart at 10 Ql but slower than a rare cart at 90 Ql, etc., as per all other tools in Wurm.

Sorry i completely misread #5 XD editing my post. thanks for pointing that out

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

Bump, still wondering whether it would be possible to please add an extra tool slot on supreme toolbelts.

Also, please add additional speed on imped carts/ships as all other tools imped to higher quality get speed bonuses.

Please allow pelts to fit into backpacks.

• Like 4

Supreme toolbelts add nothing to the fact that they are supreme and not just rare.  Two extra slots would add the supreme functionality.  Please add two extra slots on top of the 9 (at 90 ql) for supreme belts.

Please allow pelts to be carried inside backpacks.

And a big plus to adding speed bonus to higher imped carts or ships!

• Like 2

Being the proud owner of a supreme toolbelt, I strongly support the suggestion to add the 'full' slot allocation that a supreme deserves.

I also support the other requests made by Fairyshine.   :)

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I or anyone I know has seen a unicorn on Epic. Interesting to hear that it's happening on Freedom, too. That one might be a legitimate bug.

Edited by Fawkes

On 8/20/2015 at 10:08 PM, Fairyshine said:

Bump, still wondering whether it would be possible to please add an extra tool slot on supreme toolbelts.

Also, please add additional speed on imped carts/ships as all other tools imped to higher quality get speed bonuses.

Please allow pelts to fit into backpacks.

Imped boats already do go faster though, with the speed bonus from quality capping off at 90ql 

Quality can add to speed up to 1/10 of the speed added by a single additional passenger, and the effects of this are quite noticeable in PvP 

• Like 1

Can anybody confirm what Alexgopen said?

Spoiler

Even if true, 1/10 of 1 passenger's propulsion? It's laughable.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Can anybody confirm what Alexgopen said?

Hide contents

Even if true, 1/10 of 1 passenger's propulsion? It's laughable.

it does help the pursuing boat catch up to and kill everyone on the slower lower ql boat, here ill go get the code and edit my post with it

• Like 1

it's true and it was known before WU too

code before Alex edits his post :P

public byte calculateNewBoatSpeed(final boolean disembarking) {
        int numsOccupied = 0;
        float qlMod = 0.0f;
        for (int x = 0; x < this.seats.length; ++x) {
            if (this.seats[x].isOccupied()) {
                ++numsOccupied;
            }
        }
        try {
            final Item itemVehicle = Items.getItem(this.wurmid);
            numsOccupied = Math.min(this.seats.length, numsOccupied + itemVehicle.getRarity());
            qlMod = Math.max(0.0f, itemVehicle.getCurrentQualityLevel() - 10.0f) / 90.0f;
            if (qlMod > 0.0f) {
                ++qlMod;
            }
        }
        catch (NoSuchItemException nsi) {
            return 0;
        }
        if (disembarking) {
            --numsOccupied;
        }
        float percentOccupied = 1.0f;
        percentOccupied = 1.0f + numsOccupied / this.seats.length;
        return (byte)(percentOccupied * 10.0f * this.maxSpeed + qlMod * this.maxSpeed);
    }

btw doesnt cap at 90ql, note it's (ql-10)/90

Edited by asdf
  • Like 3

Just now, asdf said:

it's true and it was known before WU too

code before Alex edits his post :P

ok fine you beat me

• Like 2

We need that for carts and wagons, ship transporters too.  Also, pelts to fit into backpacks and other containers.  It would also be sweet if we can please get an additional slot on supreme toolbelts.

Supreme hatchets do not work the same as supreme pickaxes, so please address this by having hatchets give higher ql logs even over 90 woodcutting skill.

Thanks everyone for the info re ships.

• Like 1

Bump, would be awesome to have carts go faster with higher QL, all other tools work faster the higher the QL, why not carts and wagons?  And supreme toolbelt should have extra slot, agreed.

So +1.

oh yes to all of these. Esp the supreme hatchet suggestion.