Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Master key / locksmith options

Id like to suggest a master key option where one could combin several keys into one key? Or maybe even a key chain, or an option to add keys to your key chain maybe up to 100 keys which would act as one key, making it a locksmith skill to make and to combin them? Or some other key managment system. Please tell me what you think of this suggestion / Idea.

+1

I realy likte the idea of a master key. It would solve the key chaos problem and add some additional use to locksmithing. Lets say for every 10 LS levels you can create a combination with one more key (like a master key from two keys at 20ls, ..., from 5 keys at 50ls and so on). Masterkeys themself should not be combinable to not overstretch the good idea.

I realy likte the idea of a master key. It would solve the key chaos problem and add some additional use to locksmithing. Lets say for every 10 LS levels you can create a combination with one more key (like a master key from two keys at 20ls, ..., from 5 keys at 50ls and so on). Masterkeys themself should not be combinable to not overstretch the good idea.

No, good interface should be available for everyone, and not require grinding.

Of course +1 to a keyring, been suggested many times before.

or just remove all keys :D

Also a good idea.

• Like 1

copy lock, one key for multiple locks.

Rekey a lock, match a lock to a specific key. This is kinda like coppy lock but instead your matching it to a key.

copy key, multiple keys for one lock. We got this now.

key ring, A satchel with keys inside almost works perfectly now. There may be a few situation where you need to activate the right key. I'd say we just need a new container that is lightweight, only holds keys, and can hold 100 keys (just like all other containers). There is very little work needed here because of all the little changes that made it so if you got your key in inventory somewhere the game considers it as good as being activated.

With the permission system overhaul coming do we know for sure if keys will still exists? I see a lot of people wanted them gone. Character bound permissions could easily be just as good as a character with keys in inventory. 

Edited by joedobo

Key eye.......................... posted years ago and nothing happened. They dont care............

copy lock, one key for multiple locks.

This would create the ability to mass produce 99QL locks with ease, once one was obtained, bit of a problem.

Edited by Arronicus

This would create the ability to mass produce 99QL locks with ease, once one was obtained, bit of a problem.

Assuming the copies where 99 ql. 

even the now implemented key copy function does not make copper keys of exactly the same quality as the original.

Edited by joedobo

Master keys would be quite handy... also key rings/chains.

Additionally being able to re-key a lock you don't have a key for. Maybe even some locksmith-varying lost ql on the lock.

I like the key ring idea but make a cap of twenty. Add a skeleton key to trader that has to have a key used on it to have it registered. Make the skeleton key have a cap of 100 making it both a help but also a silver dump giving options for people with silver and free to play players. I would also like to see us have an option to add an item to a writ. So if I have a locked chest I can add people on the writ to be able to open te chest but only people I want. So a b c d can enter my house but only a and b are able to access my chest