Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Hey art devs...

Turn this feature on.

4605559afa.png

Model and bone system appears to already be done for the capes.

Get 'em textures sorted so we can have capes :lol:

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 7

If a pmk can change/add own symbols on it. Yes please.

• Like 1

ifs it 100% cosmetic than sure

If it's an in-game craftable item, why not give it some stats?

when you die you have to make to many items as it is

• Like 1

Although I don't think they should give any boost to armour, would be great if we could cast passive spells on them.

when you die you have to make to many items as it is

Don't craft/wear one then.

Its not as simple as you think to do right i would imagine unless you want it blowing through your character in the wind or when you have movement like riding a horse. (or how it is handled in animation like riding a cart or boat..etc)

Edited by Kegan

Its not as simple as you think to do right i would imagine unless you want it blowing through your character in the wind or when you have movement like riding a horse. (or how it is handled in animation like riding a cart or boat..etc)

blowing through your character in the wind...?

I didn't ask them to implement a proper physics engine and model collisions to calculate how capes blow in the wind etc, thats some high end graphics engine ######. This is code club and they are working with java here.

Obviously it would be adjusted using bones in predetermined animations rather than a remake of the graphics/physics engine lol.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Well there are loads of animations in the game now and for each one they would have to make sure how the cape would work or it would just be some kind of surfboard like thing strapped on our backs that has little to no movement.

To me and likly them is it not worth the trouble for a vanity item...not that i am against it just seems that time could be spent on other things. 

Well there are loads of animations in the game now and for each one they would have to make sure how the cape would work or it would just be some kind of surfboard like thing strapped on our backs that has little to no movement.

To me and likly them is it not worth the trouble for a vanity item...not that i am against it just seems that time could be spent on other things. 

Yea im sure they had no plans to go through the trouble of making the vanity item. That's why they made animation bones, a model and equipment screen loadout slots/gui graphics for it.

06178babf6.png

as for animations... there is a bunch, so yea it would take an hour or two from a workday to add them all i suppose.

Edited by Zekezor

Although I don't think they should give any boost to armour, would be great if we could cast passive spells on them.

Nahjo, on 31 Jul 2015 - 03:16 AM, said: when you die you have to make to many items as it is

Don't craft/wear one then.

The point is that its more gear to replace because why leave yourself at a disadvantage with less protection, saying dont craft/wear one is not a vaild counter to adding more armour

• Like 3

I feel sad that the expectations are lowered because its "Java" :(