Sign in to follow this  
Simyaci

Sleep bonus while you are on the other cluster

As the way it is, unlike being offline your freedom character is treated as if active although you are on your epic character (completely seperated items and skills). So for entering the epic portal and trying epic, the game punishes you by not giving you any sleep bonus on freedom. However, if you went offline using a bed in your freedom character, you would have gotten the sleep bonus while offline. So the game would rather see you go offline as a freedom player, and perhaps go play or try another game instead of trying/playing epic. The system literally punishes the player for not going offline and playing another game and playing the other cluster instead. In my personal opinion, that doesn't make any sense. 

So my suggestion is, make portals work like beds and give your freedom character sleep bonus while you are on epic and give your epic char sleep bonus while you are on freedom. So this way, the game won't treat you active on freedom in some sense (since your character is not put in a bed) and give you sleep bonus while you are playing on epic (and hence not gaining any skills or doing anything on freedom of course). This would encourage the people for trying the other cluster instead of punishing them for it. So you'll use the portal like a bed, the only difference will be that you'll be going to other cluster instead of going offline.

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 3

+9999

love the idea, and would definitely get me to play my epic char once more. 

• Like 1

I think the main reason they don´t do it is the fact  you can play 24/7 and gain SB while doing it.. Play 5 days on freedom (get 5h of SB on epic) - go to epic and play 5 days there and voila you have 5h of SB on freedom. I think they are trying to limit playstyle like that. Not sure why, maybe people will prem 2 chars instead of one. About the suggestion.. idk, it would benefit me but i would rather not put up such a system so will have to -1 this.

I think the main reason they don´t do it is the fact  you can play 24/7 and gain SB while doing it.. Play 5 days on freedom (get 5h of SB on epic) - go to epic and play 5 days there and voila you have 5h of SB on freedom. I think they are trying to limit playstyle like that. Not sure why, maybe people will prem 2 chars instead of one. About the suggestion.. idk, it would benefit me but i would rather not put up such a system so will have to -1 this.

If you are able to play 24/7, you can also just use that time to make silver (make bulk items for example) and buy a sleep powder (and possibly more sleep powder than 1 and therefore more sleep bonus than you get for sleeping), instead of going epic. Or just play another game and get your sleep bonus on wurm while playing that game for your pvp needs instead of epic and get your sleep bonus on freedom. In my case, when I play Mount and Blade Warband for pvp, my freedom character is gaining sleep bonus and when I go to epic to experience pvp I am not getting anything. So the game would rather see me play Mount and Blade Warband for pvp and Wurm freedom cluster Xanadu server for pve experience, instead of playing epic for pvp. This is how it looks like to me

Edited by Simyaci

So the game would rather see me play Mount and Blade Warband for pvp and Wurm freedom cluster Xanadu server for pve experience, instead of playing epic for pvp. This is how it looks like to me

I think the idea is that you should use 2 characters for that.

More prem money.

I think the idea is that you should use 2 characters for that.

More prem money.

I already have 3 prems and 2 of em played on both sides. If they really wanted me to use 2 more characters, they wouldn't let 1 account to play both clusters anyways. So I assume the lack of sleep bonus for playing both clusters is not really intended but simply overlooked.

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 1

Wait a minute.  You want to get SB on the Freedom cluster, when you are actually playing your char on the Epic cluster.  Sorry, but no.  It's called sleep bonus, and if you are playing the char, you are not sleeping.  If you go to sleep on Epic, you gain SB for there, if you go to sleep on Freedom, you gain SB for there.  You can't be in 2 places at the same time and therefore cannot gain SB in 2 places at the same time.  A big -1 from me.

• Like 2

Thanks for the bump :)

Edited by Simyaci

Can't see any downsides to that, it'd only allow more people to play both clusters, +1 of course

• Like 1

yeah. +1

and also consider to reimburse me for the sleeppowder i only get to use on one cluster althoug i paid prem for both.

maybe share the sb regardless of the cluster?

anyway +1

Since they're completely different skill trees, I don't see the harm in it.

+1

• Like 1

-1, because

A) It's not punishing you, you're simply not being rewarded for playing on the other cluster. Punishment would be removing something. You are not being punished anymore than if you log off without sleeping in a bed.

B.) Some people get anxious or stressed out when their sleep bonus is full, and feel compelled to burn it. This would just further player addiction to play between the two clusters

C) Sleep bonus should be constant with the character, imo, even if the 'economists' of wurm don't like the way this stabilizes sleep powder prices. 

By using the portal to go to epic cluster, you are logging off your Freedom character and log in with your Epic character which is the appearance copy of your Freedom character only sharing your look, name and bank (only coin share and no item share). No skill sharing, no affinity sharing, no sleep bonus sharing etc.  That means you are logging off of Freedom but simply without using a bed. So the game in a way tells you that you should have logged off instead of giving epic a try for your pvp needs and now you"ll get no sleep bonus. That is why I said it punishes.

Sure it doesn't hit your head with a hammer or put you into prison if such things are needed to say it 'punishes'. It punishes you for using epic for your pvp needs instead of another game, because if I played another game after logging off from freedom using a bed, I would have been ''rewarded' with sleep bonus. So by not letting me have sleep bonus although I'm not playing the freedom cluster character, the game teaches me better (that I am better off playing another game for pvp if I want to experience both pve sandbox and pvp).  I already said that. The game discourages you and takes away your sleep bonus that you would have been provided otherwise have you played another pvp game to go with your pve sandbox gameplay, instead of playing epic cluster for your pvp needs.

It is of course very clear that among the people who don't play both sides and not planning of trying to, the majority would heavily disagree with it. It is no surprise. Also, the support of the minority of those who don't play and the small number of people who play both clusters wouldn't be enough to make an impact. I'm just trying to take this issue to the attention of the developers to have a chance of having it considered and perhaps developed in their own way. I am grateful to all who help keeping it a hot topic by agreeing and disagreeing to the suggestion and also taking the time to write things that usually attract response

Edited by Simyaci