Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Allow flowers on Mycelium

Picking  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If added, allow or disallow picking?

• Allow picking, acts like normal flowers(just new type).
    • Disallow, give message saying they can't survive out of mycelium.

Inspired by a recent "server bug" post I came up with an interesting idea. Allow mycelium to contain flowers.

Instead of just poofing flowers when it spreads, let it just take over the flowers corrupting them. Trying to pick them either gives you corrupted flowers, OR gives nothing with a message "The corruption of Mycelium does not allow them to survive once removed" Once the mycelium is absorbed/reverts to grass, the tiles will be their original flower type.

If the corrupted flowers choice is chosen to be added, they could resemble fungi that have a flower-ish look to them.

This would fix the "server bug" that was posted and allow people to keep their love tiles, once the mycelium is removed.

Edited by Nicrolis

Its funny to see voting from someone who has no privilegy change code. Waste time here.

You could go another direction, and have saprophyte flowers grow on mycellium.  These plants do not have any chlorophyll so can't do photosynthesis, and live off decaying plants the same way mushrooms grow.  They do not have leaves, just a stem grows from the ground and flowers in the spring, and they all depend on mycellium and other fungi in the ground to survive.  Most are a very bright red or orange, and this includes the coral reed orchid.

• Like 1

-1 flowers do not belong on BL servers

Altho i thought this was the same with other (lesser and weaker) gods

We already have infected grape bushes, why not, +1

Black wine? Yummeh! I guess that would be a whole new level of "a bottle of rotgut!"

-1, mycelium have some disadvantages as well as advantages compared to normal grass for a reason.

Main reason for this was to help those who dont use mycelium actually. I did feel bad for the person who lost love tiles to mycelium during the Indi cast. Surprised at all the negatives :P

Its funny to see voting from someone who has no privilegy change code. Waste time here.

Poll was up so that if people were in favor of the change, they could specify WHICH they liked. This is the suggestion forum after all.

You could go another direction, and have saprophyte flowers grow on mycellium.  These plants do not have any chlorophyll so can't do photosynthesis, and live off decaying plants the same way mushrooms grow.  They do not have leaves, just a stem grows from the ground and flowers in the spring, and they all depend on mycellium and other fungi in the ground to survive.  Most are a very bright red or orange, and this includes the coral reed orchid.

Thats what I meant with the "flower-ish fungi". Couldn't think of the words, thanks :-)

Edited by Nicrolis