Sign in to follow this  
Niki

---

I Don't know you very well. I don't hate you, not do I have any special liking for you and I spend a ton of time on these forums, especially in the trade section.  I have no hard feeling for anyone that wins a bid, or snatches up a great deal seconds after it is posted (haha... kegan!).  I have no hard feelings for anyone that makes low buys and sells them high later for profit. 

All that said, what will turn me off is unneeded drama.  That is something you just don't want, especially as a regular merchant.  Negative feelings/impressions are always stronger and longer lasting that good impressions.  You need to avoid situations that put you in the spotlight of negativity.  This thread is one of them.  Just get it closed and move on.

Best thing to do now is spend some time and effort into making fair trades.  Forget about profits for a while.  Buy at reasonable prices and sell at reasonable prices.  Make your buyers and sellers feel like they didn't get a little bit of a raw deal and in no time, any bad rep you are carrying will fade away.  Don't ever brag about great deals, because chances are, someone if going to feel like they were "had" and want to put a knife in your back.

Reputation is everything, when it comes to being a merchant, in a tight little community like Wurm.

I think you care too much, all things given.

When you reply to people, sometimes you can come off in a bad way, other times, the way they word things can put you in a situation where replying in any manner will make you look worse than not replying. So my advice to you is to just relax. If people don't like you, they don't like you, if you still are able to play with your friends and sell to a decent amount of people, you're all right. When it comes down to it, one of the major things to keep in mind is that whether people like you or not does not always equate to reputation. I'm one of the most disliked players across all of the PvP servers, yet, people still hold me to my word. It's also worth noting that when you make threads like this, you are throwing out to other trolls that you will give a reaction when poked and people will bother you more.

Personally however, you have done nothing to irritate me or the people I play with, we may think you overcharge, but then again we are PvPers and the last time i paid for anything was for a res stone. I don't think i have actually purchased anything in years from another player except for an account.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 7

But there again who cares if her prices are to high. Why didn't you send her private message. Thats what PMs are for. Did you not think that publically saying that in her thread wouldnt damage her chances of trying to make a little profit. To a less experienced player who knows no better to shop and look around for the bargain deal-its really that players fault and not up to you or anyone else to protect them. If i want to sell a hammer at 20 QL no enchants for 1 gold. Thats my business and no ones elses. You may think privately to your self that guy an idiot he will never get a gold. Old yamuliss is insane. That all would be within your rights to think that privately to yourself or even say it in the game to your friends privately and villagers ect ect. But why ruin Niki chance to profit of her thread? Why ruin her chance at success with careless attacks like that. Helping her privately one thing name and shaming her on her own thread thats another. Oh i think you and others know exactly what your doing but does it make it right?

I don't understand your point. So you are saying that we should protect the ruthless merchant rather than the new, unadvised players. Sounds a bit backwards and hardly worth my vote. I would rather see a money hungry merchant derailed than a new player's wallet any day.

Edited by Drentle
  • Like 1

I think you care too much, all things given.

Story time with propheteer is the best. 

His advice is solid, you should consider his post.

• Like 2

Wurm online: The only preschool sandbox worthy of its name. Whether you want to be an omnipotent ultracrepidarian or the drama queen of your class, Wurm will let you. Explore the world and make your mark.

That word has too many syllables, apologize!   :P

• Like 2

You overcharge quite a lot, and expect to get away with it. People point out your prices and you lash out at them.

My experiences with you in-game have been "okay", save for some problems here and there, expectations of lowered prices because of alliance status (Despite you being very little involved in the alliance). My problems with you lie in how you market your items, how you present yourself on the forums and what. 

So you could say, my only problems with you lie within how you operate on the forums, talking to you personally can be enjoyable at times but you seem to jump to conclusions very quickly and you tend to become very heated when you feel cornered, lashing out at people is not how you reinforce yourself, this just makes the situations even worse.

I honestly want to say: take a break from the game or take a break from the market, most of what you do (Selling for high prices on the market, people feel like this is a form of scamming and cheating, I personally feel this way aswell, I constantly worry about overcharging.) seems to rustle people, but even when they point the smallest detail out in the most passive way, you still lash out. You're quick to anger, and this makes people dislike you.

Personally, as a friend, you're nice. But a lot of the time I feel your intentions are misplaced and I have indeed become very frustrated with you in the past.

There again its her prices and her choice. There no rule against what a person prices something for. If you are buying a car in the real world and someone trying to sell you a car for an insane amount of money and just down the street another car lot selling the same car for about half the price as the other lot. Oh yeah you may be upset with how the business deal went down at the first car lot. You may tell family and friends hey don't go to bobs car lot he charges way to much for his junk. But your not going to go out your way and post in news papers and advertise on Bobs advertisements and billboards listing that Bob over priced. If you was in business selling cars, you wouldn't defame bobs car lot publicly are you would be looking at a law suit for defamation of character. But you might say in your advertisement, My cars are the cheapest in town and ill beat anyone prices. But you wouldn't advertise and say, Bobs cars are junk and he over charges on everything in his lot come to my lot ill sell you a better car for a better deal. So i really want to know why some you who wouldn't act like this in real life why you feel it's ok to do so on the internet and in a game for goodness sake. It's a game. She wants to charge gold for tools let her. Who cares its her business. If she wants to say her stuff was forged by the right finger of rolf at the highest wurm peak in the game in dragons blood who cares, it's her reputation as long as she not bashing you or hurting you who cares. Im just pointing out to you and others - her prices are her prices like your prices are yours. Let her play teh game. Let her price what she wants. Let her be. She not hurting you. Same would go for any other player who is buying, selling or into bartering and trade.

Look this is a rant so I'd appreciate if you kept comments constructive. OK ill try my best.

It seems like lately whenever I attempt to sell something, my threads get derailed; this needs to stop. People shouldn't be allowed to attack and cause unwanted distress like this to people. Yeah thats anoying.

Whatever the reason is please just be honest with me why do you do this every time I sell something? I'm really getting to the point where I don't want to play this game anymore since people hate me so much or they enjoy damaging my reputation saying I'm overpriced or am not reasonable seller when that's not true, I resell goods and make very little profit doing it.If people say you are overpriced, chances are you might be. Buying at market price and trying to sell higher is not the way it works, though I have no idea if thats how you do it.

Apparently my skills as an economist are to good for wurm? I doubt that.

Are you jealous that I've hardly ever bought silver and have a lot of shinys? Not really, I have more than you most likely.

The question I have is why be jealous it's just a pixel in a game? No I am not jealous.

I've been playing less than 2 years now, I've created a considerable reputation for selling goods and buying.really? I have no idea who you are??

So I ask you why do you attack me, I dont think I have, If I have, im very sorry, im quite certain I didnt mean to.

I'm not allowed to sell or something but your allowed to make threads right or is it that I'm not a legacy player and I'm not allowed to become well known? Again, I have no idea who you are, but im sure you have the same right as every one else.

I'm really close to leaving wurm because of this seriously, If you feel that way, maybe take a break, slow down some time, it usualy helps for most other people when things get too heated, Wurm can be very high paced and emotionaly charged, despite the very slow game pace.

I'm a merchant and your messing things up for me on a large scale. Other pople in the market tend to do that when they see competision, consider it a positive.

When do I mess stuff up for you? When has Niki ever caused unwanted distress, No idea, I dont know you.

I don't. I really keep a low profile, I think this community has some serious issues atm, All communities have that, if you stick your nose out, some one might slap it.

I've found it safer to avoid people for the most part unless doing a trade. Also this is a very small group of players that does this and they know exactly who they are I am asking politely that they stop if its only a small group, then why make a post here?

and keep there comments to themselves unless I did something bad and buyers need to know.

This is a request to just stop derailing/trolling on sales threads in general also please respect others thank you. Yeah I agree, its anoying with derailments, though some friendly advice against a seller or buyer who dosnt follow the communitis general way of doing things or what is considered the norm, is quite common.

I'm ready to hear why I'm hated so much. I dont hate you, I dont know you.

, so please tell me exactly why. But seriously why do you make me sad I really can't handle it anymore. :(I hope you will feel better soon.

I see now and then that when people take the elegant leap from being a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond, it goes not as elegantly as they had hoped or asumed. I have no idea if this is the case here, but as you seem to want to be a legacy player, what ever that is, have you considered you may be trying too hard?

/rant

• Like 1

There again its her prices and her choice. There no rule against what a person prices something for. If you are buying a car in the real world and someone trying to sell you a car for an insane amount of money and just down the street another car lot selling the same car for about half the price as the other lot. Oh yeah you may be upset with how the business deal went down at the first car lot. You may tell family and friends hey don't go to bobs car lot he charges way to much for his junk. But your not going to go out your way and post in news papers and advertise on Bobs advertisements and billboards listing that Bob over priced. If you was in business selling cars, you wouldn't defame bobs car lot publicly are you would be looking at a law suit for defamation of character. But you might say in your advertisement, My cars are the cheapest in town and ill beat anyone prices. But you wouldn't advertise and say, Bobs cars are junk and he over charges on everything in his lot come to my lot ill sell you a better car for a better deal. So i really want to know why some you who wouldn't act like this in real life why you feel it's ok to do so on the internet and in a game for goodness sake. It's a game. She wants to charge gold for tools let her. Who cares its her business. If she wants to say her stuff was forged by the right finger of rolf at the highest wurm peak in the game in dragons blood who cares, it's her reputation as long as she not bashing you or hurting you who cares. Im just pointing out to you and others - her prices are her prices like your prices are yours. Let her play teh game. Let her price what she wants. Let her be. She not hurting you. Same would go for any other player who is buying, selling or into bartering and trade.

All about taking advantage of people's ignorance just to make money off of it. You may see it as a legitimate business, but I see it as shady and dishonest, and so do many others.

• Like 5

I don't understand your point. So you are saying the we should protect the ruthless merchant rather than the new, unadvised players. Sounds a bit backwards and hardly worth my vote. I would rather see a money hungry merchant derailed than a new players wallet any day. 

Im not saying that at all. im saying let people play the game and people in general tend to there own business. If  anyone breaking rules the GMs will get involved. It's not anyone place to regulate what people sell stuff for and for how much.

-

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

All about taking advantage of people's ignorance just to make money off of it. You may see it as a legitimate business, but I see it as shady and dishonest, and so do many others.

So have you become a regulatory commerce committee of one or a select few. We talking about changing the ingame rules to having set standard prices within wurm on what people can sell there stuff for?  Sounds like more game changes being requested by the select few who don't like some pricing of merchandise by a select few for a profit. Let me ask you this, Was it right when the Dragons was depleted and not released on the PVE servers for re-spawning for a select time only to see the select few who bread the dragons and capitalized off them and made huge insane amounts of money. Was it not right? How many complained? Then once dragons was brought back how many complained about how the price of drake sets fell in price. We going to regulate everything in wurm. It's starting to sound that way! Seems to me the select few in a select group or two who don't like what some do make the big decisions for others as to whats right or wrong on the forum. To me that mind set is not right!

So have you become a regulatory commerce committee of one or a select few. We talking about changing the ingame rules to having set standard prices within wurm on what people can sell there stuff for?  Sounds like more game changes being requested by the select few who don't like some pricing of merchandise by a select few for a profit. Let me ask you this, Was it right when the Dragons was depleted and not released on the PVE servers for re-spawning for a select time only to see the select few who bread the dragons and capitalized off them and made huge insane amounts of money. Was it not right? How many complained? Then once dragons was brought back how many complained about how the price of drake sets fell in price. We going to regulate everything in wurm. It's starting to sound that way! Seems to me the select few in a select group or two who don't like what some do make the big decisions for others as to whats right or wrong on the forum. To me that mind set is not right!

People also have a right to call out scammers when they ask way too high prices in their topics. You're not the thought police deciding what we can say in any topic. Just because you create a sales topic doesn't free you from all criticism in it.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

I feel you. I've had the same trouble over the past few weeks. 

Just have to block out the haters. Most of them are just jealous in my opinion.

hi are you trying to make a point or something

because it sounds like you're bringing up irrelevant situations just to defend something that you don't quite understand, which is very apparent now

people sell things for much cheaper than what she has, rare carts sell for 15s a pop, tops, pinewood for less, anyone buying it for the 25s-30s will be left feeling cheated when they find out the current going prices for the product, this has happened more than once before. their feelings are not within my control, nor can i can control how they respond to the situation, but expecting to get so much out of people, taking advantage over those people only to leave the customer feeling angry or cheated in the next day or so after their friends tell them they couldve gotten said product for 10s left, and that the player they purchase from scammed them, kind of her fault.

dont even say its the players fault, preying on these sort of people is indeed a business for some, and its dishonest, most attribute it to a form of scamming

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 1

-

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

People also have a right to call out scammers when they ask way too high prices in their topics. You're not the thought police deciding what we can say in any topic. Just because you create a sales topic doesn't free you from all criticism in it.

Ah yes your right people have a right to do just about anything they want as long as it doesn't cause harm to another. Is it not harming another to bash there thread because you disagree with there prices. Better to disagree and move on rather then to stop, bash and slander the individual. But i tell you what, ill start watching the prices of stuff being sold every time i disagree ill post on that merchant thread why i disagree and what i think the price should be. Don't cry if its your thread and your the one hurt by it in the sell of your goods. Remember it's thought police tactics to say otherwise.

Edited by Yamuliss

hi are you trying to make a point or something

because it sounds like you're bringing up irrelevant situations just to defend something that you don't quite understand, which is very apparent now

people sell things for much cheaper than what she has, rare carts sell for 15s a pop, tops, pinewood for less, anythone buying it for the 25s-30s will be left feeling cheated when they find out the current going prices for the product, this has happened more than once before. their feelings are not within my control, nor can i can control how they respond to the situation, but expecting to get so much out of people, taking advantage over those people only to leave the customer feeling angry or cheated in the next day or so after their friends tell them they couldn't gotten said product for 10s left, and that the player they purchase from scammed them, kind of her fault.

dont even say its the players fault, preying on these sort of people is indeed a business for some, and its dishonest, most attribute it to a form of scamming

When you go to a store buy something and pay way to much for it do you moan and whine about it and go back to buy more to be ripped off some more or do you shop around the next time to get a better deal. Look this is a game of supply and demand. That's how this economy works. You have something i want you as the seller set the price. If i as the buyer disagree with your price i move on to the next merchant or wait to get it for less. This isn't set prices for items. Who has the right to tell another person what he/she can sell there stuff for. It's not up to you or anyone else to tell Niki or anyone for that fact what they can sell there stuff for. If your doing that then your being a bully and your in the wrong!

I know of a player i will not mention his name who spammed out tool belts and sold them for very cheap a long time ago. Another player / his competition was upset. Big deal is what i said. Let him sell it for what he wants. Turn around buy it if its that cheap and then resell it for higher make some coin later down the road. This is about common sense. If your impulse buying and your paying three times what something should cost then it's you as the buyer who has the problem not the seller. This is common sense and a stupid argument!

Here is a tip of how to deal with your situation:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

• Like 3

I wouldn't know you from a sack of potatoes honestly but like has already been pointed out making threads like this certainly isn't going to help anything. All it does is makes sure those who want to go out of their way to harass you know that they're getting under your skin.

From a personal stand point for me, reading your posts, you do come off as being boastful and slightly arrogant (plus you referred to yourself in the 3rd person lol!). However this is simply an observation, ultimately I don't give to shreds of a *cough*. All that being said, bottomline if it's gotten to the point where you feel like you have to make a thread like this take a break and disappear for awhile and gain some perspective on things. You're not the first person to feel abit of hate from others and you won't be the last. Take it from me, it doesn't matter and you just need a reality check.  

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 3

-

Edited by Niki

I wouldn't know you from a sack of potatoes honestly but like has already been pointed out making threads like this certainly isn't going to help anything. All it does is makes sure those who want to go out of their way to harass you know that they're getting under your skin.

From a personal stand point for me, reading your posts, you do come off as being boastful and slightly arrogant (plus you referred to yourself in the 3rd person lol!). However this is simply an observation, ultimately I don't give to shreds of a *cough*. All that being said, bottomline if it's gotten to the point where you feel like you have to make a thread like this take a break and disappear for awhile and gain some perspective on things. You're not the first person to feel abit of hate from others and you won't be the last. Take it from me, it doesn't matter and you just need a reality check.  

I would argue that arrogance is a two way street Emoo.I recall how sportsmen like and none arrogant like your people was on Chaos during our little encounter on Chaos. Be-careful pushing the big word arrogance around. Like it wasn't arrogant that one your Kingdoms members from MR took it upon himself to cross from chaos into deli and slaughter a PVE players horses for no better reason then because he simply could do so. Oh no that wasn't arrogant, not at all! While  we are on the subject of markets how arrogant is it of MR who controls the HOTA and sets the prices for the HOTAs when they are sold and for how much. How arrogant is that? Do you deny that  is the practice of MR which has cornered that market of HOTA off of chaos? How about the Vulcano and its metals that spew fourth another capping and cornering of the market. Oh yes i could take you apart on your comment about arrogance Emoo. I understand btw your enjoying much more time on PVE servers away from the drama or so i hear. Yet your hear calling niki out on her arrogance what about your own arrogance?

woe is you, welcome to internets. posts like this do nothing lol

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34kTJHmANOc

• Like 1

Typical insecure teen girl drama.  Moving on.

• Like 3

I am speaking in general this in no way am I talking to Niki about this.

I will say this as I just sold my main toon a couple days ago and can reflect about my Wurm time.  If someone doesn't like my pricing when I had my 98 leather working toon.  Its just too damn bad.  If you didnt like my pricing just go find someone else you can get it cheap from, but yet if i were try to buy something from someone.  You would jack the price up so you get your moneys worth. So its a double edge sword. While I am away and not playing wurm.  I will be thinking about if I want to come back to this game of hateful people.  Not everyone is hateful, but there are a lot of them out there.  Niki if people dont like you its there problem not yours.  Just add them to your ignore list. Its like the Taylor Swift song hates are going to hate.  So just shake it off shake it off! 

Edited by piperlane
  • Like 1