Sign in to follow this  
MissWilc

Auctions for Charity

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vTs0FphtUoS-veytoqrWE9WpSjuNVDC3G2-TArZXaZc/edit#gid=0

Two Totals; the first one is the "expected" from auctions in progress or sales pending. The second total is what is actually received in the bank so far.

It's going amazingly well and there are more sales and auctions on their way! I will probably be posting a new set of items later tonight or tomorrow, depends when I can finalize the current sales.

It also shows the rest of the items that are still coming up for sale. It might be that I add more as I sort through all the items but this should be nearly all of them.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Edited by Charity
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, winning something in an auction is not a charitable contribution. You are purchasing a product, where the proceeds of the purchase go to charity. This is like buying a cup of coffee where 10 cents go to _____. For it to be a charitable contribution, that is tax deductible, you must be donating the money, or something of value. As such, the players who are selling the items with which to donate the funds are eligible for tax deductions based on the amount they donate. Auction winners are not eligible, as you did not make a charitable donation, you made a purchase. This is a great cause, and it's nice to see people putting some of their ingame efforts and accumulations toward a good cause, but without receipt of direct donation to a registered charity, I don't believe you will be eligible for any tax concession. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vTs0FphtUoS-veytoqrWE9WpSjuNVDC3G2-TArZXaZc/edit#gid=0

Two Totals; the first one is the "expected" from auctions in progress or sales pending. The second total is what is actually received in the bank so far.

It's going amazingly well and there are more sales and auctions on their way! I will probably be posting a new set of items later tonight or tomorrow, depends when I can finalize the current sales.

It also shows the rest of the items that are still coming up for sale. It might be that I add more as I sort through all the items but this should be nearly all of them.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Great to see everything going so well. There's a number of items I'll be keeping a close eye out for in the coming week or so! Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of sales threads recently. Been really busy IRL with internet going out for a couple days, house renovations and enrolling for fall semester. I'll be putting new ones up in a week and a half or so!

-Alyeska

Was this donation ever made? Thought a screenshot was going to be posted.

• Like 5

I've been out of the loop for the past several months due to work issues. I'll contact the folks who are in possession of the money and remaining items to see where things stand.

Aly/Xallo are very busy with school and currently its still in goldcoins in-game. We have contacted them to see what we can do on short term. Might be better off to sell the goldcoins that are available now and do the remaining stuff another time.

• Like 1

I had totally missed this topic but I apreciate it greatly, haveing had cancer myself and all.

• Like 1

We are going to start selling the coin later this week. We'll also keep this updated better in the future.

Interest in the coin has been great. As soon as it's gone I'll send the donation to John Hopkins and will post proof that it was sent on this thread.

For the sake of transparency, I am buying 50 silver myself.

The OP has been updated, our current stock of silver has been sold :)

• Like 1

Forgot to update --- $950 USD has been donated to the cancer center at John Hopkins. I've posted a picture of the confirmation email below. I should receive a letter in a few days, should I also post that for confirmation?

Thanks to all of you awesome folk who bought items and/or silver to make this possible. You guys rock!

NHczagp.jpg?1

Edited by MissWilc
because grammar is hard after midnight
  • Like 9

Awesome. Thanks for the help Mama Wilca, and everyone else who contributed. :)

• Like 1